PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood folks...

wildstangs
04-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Anyone following the rumors with Steve Freeman? Many other credible posters are saying that Freeman has been offered the Midland Lee job, and that Coach Quiz (former Lee coach) will take Freeman's spot at Mojo. Just rumor, or have you guys heard anything?

Trashman
04-20-2009, 06:18 PM
LINK (http://www.brownwoodlions.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=712)

wildstangs
04-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
LINK (http://www.brownwoodlions.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=712)

Nah, I don't need to register for a Brownwood Lions message board. Guess I will just wait and see if it comes true.

Trashman
04-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Awwww come on.....it won't kill ya.:D Other than that you can wait till the end of the week or see if RM will spill her guts. :D

Looking4number8
04-20-2009, 09:15 PM
hope it happens, Steve Freeman would be great for MISD

Ranger Mom
04-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Awwww come on.....it won't kill ya.:D Other than that you can wait till the end of the week or see if RM will spill her guts. :D

That's the word on the Brownwood board AND around Midland. I guess we will just wait and see!!

I just hope Freeman isn't going from the frying pan (Brownwood) into the fire (Midland).

BEAST
04-21-2009, 09:35 AM
Should be a press conference on Freemans deal Friday. As far as Quisenberry, I havent heard anything.

BEAST

tex_male
04-21-2009, 04:41 PM
http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/freeman_3934___article.html/gaines_coach.html

Football: Despite rumors, no movement for Permian coach
Comments 0 | Recommend 0
April 20, 2009 - 11:25 PM

Permian football coach Gary Gaines said Monday, despite rumors to the contrary, that Steve Freeman still is with the Panthers' program.

Gaines added that he has spoken with Freeman about the opening at Midland Lee High after the resignation of Randy Quisenberry last week.

"He's inside the coaches' room right now," Gaines said of Freeman, who was helping prepare the coaching plan for the upcoming Spring football practices.

"I have spoken with him about the position because it is a high-profile job and those don't come around too often. And I know that he's spoken with the officials at MISD, but I don't think that any decision has been made yet."

Gaines brought Freeman on board as the Panthers' offensive coordinator, and assistant head coach, along with David Jones, the team's defensive coordinator.

Freeman resigned as the Class 3A Brownwood head coach earlier this offseason.

Ranger Mom
04-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by tex_male
http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/freeman_3934___article.html/gaines_coach.html

Football: Despite rumors, no movement for Permian coach
Comments 0 | Recommend 0
April 20, 2009 - 11:25 PM

Permian football coach Gary Gaines said Monday, despite rumors to the contrary, that Steve Freeman still is with the Panthers' program.

Gaines added that he has spoken with Freeman about the opening at Midland Lee High after the resignation of Randy Quisenberry last week.

"He's inside the coaches' room right now," Gaines said of Freeman, who was helping prepare the coaching plan for the upcoming Spring football practices.

"I have spoken with him about the position because it is a high-profile job and those don't come around too often. And I know that he's spoken with the officials at MISD, but I don't think that any decision has been made yet."

Gaines brought Freeman on board as the Panthers' offensive coordinator, and assistant head coach, along with David Jones, the team's defensive coordinator.

Freeman resigned as the Class 3A Brownwood head coach earlier this offseason.

Interesting!!:thinking:

BEAST
04-24-2009, 09:21 AM
I recieved a text from Coach Freeman last night and he confirmed he was staying at Permian. He did not elaborate. Anyway, I geuss Midland Lee's still looking for a coach.

BEAST

Daddy D 11
04-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Wait, Gary Gaines at Permian? Are we talking about like the same Gary Gaines from the "Friday Night Lights" era?

Billy Bob Thorton?!:eek: :D

BEAST
04-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Yes. Same Gary Gaines.

BEAST