PDA

View Full Version : Mavs?

Bullaholic
04-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Can they go 2-0 up on the Spurs in San Antonio? My gut says no, but I can sure hope---sorry Phil C. :D Go Mavs...

ASUFrisbeeStud
04-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Can they go 2-0 up on the Spurs in San Antonio? My gut says no, but I can sure hope---sorry Phil C. :D Go Mavs...

They can and they will

waterboy
04-20-2009, 02:40 PM
That's what I was thinking. They can, and they will, although I wouldn't be surprised to see the Spurs do better this go 'round. I don't think the Spurs are gonna be able to overcome this Maverick team the way they are playing now. I say the Mavs in 4, maybe 5 max.

Maroon87
04-20-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm a big Spurs fan and I hope they pull it out, but even if they do get past the Mavs this round I don't see them as a huge threat in the West...they're not athletic enough, unfortunately.

Emerson1
04-20-2009, 03:06 PM
I am not sure.

On one hand the mavs bench exploded(outside of Terry).

On the other, SA was 11/12 from 3 point range before chunking up prayers.

On the foot, Dirk played like 13 minutes the first half because he was in foul trouble.

On the other foot. Dampier somehow stayed out of foul trouble and played a season high 39 minutes.

Farmersfan
04-20-2009, 10:41 PM
It's halftime and appears the Mavs have decided they are happy with the split. This is such a poor effort from them.

Txbroadcaster
04-20-2009, 11:55 PM
I said earlier on here..Dallas might win in first round but they will lose 1 or 2 games by 15 or more points.

waterboy
04-21-2009, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I said earlier on here..Dallas might win in first round but they will lose 1 or 2 games by 15 or more points.
You were definitely right, too. They played awful last night. They couldn't defend, nor hit their shots, a combination that got them blown out. They'll come back in game 3 in Dallas, though. At least they better, or that road win means nothing.

Farmersfan
04-21-2009, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
You were definitely right, too. They played awful last night. They couldn't defend, nor hit their shots, a combination that got them blown out. They'll come back in game 3 in Dallas, though. At least they better, or that road win means nothing.

Dirk and JET have been silent participants in both games so far. I am use to the Disappearing Dutchman but not THIS early in the playoffs. Last night Parker had more points by himself than Dirk, Jet and Howard combined.. Ridiculous!

Txbroadcaster
04-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by waterboy

yea they always bounce back from those real bad loses it seems. I am not sure why, but every so many games this year Dallas just has a real stinker. When they lose, they seem to do it in a BIG way lol

waterboy
04-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yea they always bounce back from those real bad loses it seems. I am not sure why, but every so many games this year Dallas just has a real stinker. When they lose, they seem to do it in a BIG way lol
Yeah, that seems to be their MO. I say if the Mavs don't win both of these next games in Dallas, the Spurs win the series. If they do win both, the Mavs will win in 6. You never know what is gonna happen when these two teams meet. There can be a such a massive change in each team from one meeting to the next that predicting what will happen is about 50/50, and then you might be right LESS than 50% of the time, LOL. This is definitely a rivalry!