PDA

View Full Version : why is it that....

Lt. Maverick
04-19-2009, 08:05 PM
a gallon of milk cost close to $5 but gas is around $2 or cheaper.

STANG RED
04-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Lt. Maverick
a gallon of milk cost close to $5 but gas is around $2 or cheaper.

Where in the heck are you buying your milk? Is it imported from Switzerland or something?

Astrosdawg07
04-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Organic???

RMAC
04-19-2009, 11:20 PM
I work in the dairy department for United and we sell gallons of Red River for $3.39 and run 2/$5 sales every 6 weeks or so. Now, the gallons of organic stuff, yeah, it's about $5.39 for Horizon-type brands. Personally, organic is just a big scam. You're actually getting less since there's no chemicals involved but you pay out the rear for it. I hate organic anything. It makes my job much more difficult than it was 5 years ago.

coach
04-19-2009, 11:43 PM
i just went to the gas station unleaded regular was 2.04....premium was 1.99...i put the premium in...now my truck wont start

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by coach
i just went to the gas station unleaded regular was 2.04....premium was 1.99...i put the premium in...now my truck wont start

What color was the handle you used?

Sweetwater Red
04-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
What color was the handle you used?

My guess would be green.:doh:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
My guess would be green.:doh:

Actually, the diesel nozzles are too large to fit into regular gasoline vehicles...they try to make it idiot-proof. I went on a field trip when I was in Elementary School and the Principal was driving the bus and since diesel was so much cheaper he thought it would be better to use regular unleaded and the bus would run smoother...epic failure.

Pick6
04-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Actually, the diesel nozzles are too large to fit into regular gasoline vehicles...they try to make it idiot-proof. I went on a field trip when I was in Elementary School and the Principal was driving the bus and since diesel was so much cheaper he thought it would be better to use regular unleaded and the bus would run smoother...epic failure.

These days the diesel nozzles are the same size as the gasoline nozzles. I don't know why they changed them to be the same. Must make it hard for an aggie to get fuel now :D

coach
04-20-2009, 12:01 PM
no guys i didnt use disiel..i had a 15 min argument with my dad that i didnt....infact the owner of the gas station is a family friend and my dad called and asked him to look on the camera to see what i used and i used unleaded fuel...my guess would be a fuel pump or fuel filter has gone bad....but i dont know...the truck is a 99 so i dont know it could be anything

BreckTxLonghorn
04-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
I work in the dairy department for United and we sell gallons of Red River for $3.39 and run 2/$5 sales every 6 weeks or so. Now, the gallons of organic stuff, yeah, it's about $5.39 for Horizon-type brands. Personally, organic is just a big scam. You're actually getting less since there's no chemicals involved but you pay out the rear for it. I hate organic anything. It makes my job much more difficult than it was 5 years ago.

Doesn't organic last longer thought? That's worth the extra bit to me, because sometimes I go through a gallon a week, then the next takes me a month.

Black_Magic
04-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
I work in the dairy department for United and we sell gallons of Red River for $3.39 and run 2/$5 sales every 6 weeks or so. Now, the gallons of organic stuff, yeah, it's about $5.39 for Horizon-type brands. Personally, organic is just a big scam. You're actually getting less since there's no chemicals involved but you pay out the rear for it. I hate organic anything. It makes my job much more difficult than it was 5 years ago. stop you moaning and get back to baggin!:p

garciap77
04-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
stop you moaning and get back to baggin!:p

:eek: :eek: :eek:

STANG RED
04-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
These days the diesel nozzles are the same size as the gasoline nozzles. I don't know why they changed them to be the same. Must make it hard for an aggie to get fuel now :D

Truck stops are about the only places that still use the big nozzles. I love those. I can fill my truck in just a couple minutes. But most all places except truck stops have gone to the small nozzles now. But they are always green in colored, and most folks should be smart enough to know the difference.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Pick6

Well, this is true, but usually where I tank up the nozzles are larger. I drive a diesel so it isn't a big concern to me.

RMAC
04-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Doesn't organic last longer thought? That's worth the extra bit to me, because sometimes I go through a gallon a week, then the next takes me a month.

I've honestly never paid it much mind but thinking about it, yes, we've got milk in our vault that doesn't expire until June.

LH Panther Mom
04-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
A gallon of milk can last you as long as a week?????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

BreckTxLonghorn
04-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
A gallon of milk can last you as long as a week?????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

When there's just one (me) to feed it can...

Ahhh, bachelorishhood.