PDA

View Full Version : Can't We Just Talk? (North Korea)

Bullaholic
04-18-2009, 11:54 AM
I wish diplomacy would have a chance, but you just can't reason with a mad dog. North Korea is, and will become, an even more serious problem to the world as evidenced by the following article. IMO, we took Sadaam Hussein down for presenting even less of a threat to the world.

(This post is directed toward our North Korean foreign policy, regardless of party,and not any particular administration. Let's please not turn this thread into a political debate. I think the mod's patience with political threads has been tried a lot of late, and I will understand the closing of this thread if it takes a political turn or is considered too volatile to allow initially.)

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/04/18/nkorea.threat/index.html

Z-RO
04-18-2009, 01:07 PM
I have to agree with you, I honestly believe it is just a matter of time before we end up at war with them. The only thing that worries me about this is China and Russia.

waterboy
04-20-2009, 04:48 PM
The so-called "Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK)" is the one country that might just start a war. The dictator of that country is stupid, reckless, and irrational -- not exactly a "good" combination of traits. The United Nations will probably throw something weak at them, but it won't shut these idiots up. They will continue this rhetoric until something unthinkable happens, which to me is a little scary. The worrisome part is that Russia is against any sanctions, and China will probably get involved on the Korean side if such hostilities break out. Did anybody read the last paragraph of that article?
"When a nuclear war will break out due to the war chariot of the 'South Korea-U.S. military alliance' is a matter of time," it said. "The U.S. and South Korean warmongers would be well advised to stop acting rashly , properly understanding who their rival is."
I thought that was the only thing that they said that had any truth to it.....telling the US to "stop acting rashly". Am I the only one that noticed that? I guess acting rashly is not something they like.:doh:

BobcatBenny
04-20-2009, 05:28 PM
It turns out that MacArthur knew what he was talking about. :doh: