PDA

View Full Version : 3a Region 1 in the baseball rankings?

GrTigers6
04-17-2009, 08:59 PM
I was looking at the 3abaseball.com site and it showed the top 25 and I didn't see any region 1 teams. Are they serious? I'm not saying we have beat anyone big enough to be there even though we haven't lost since the first game the basketball team joined us. I know there are other teams in Region 1 that deserve a spot.
What does everyone else think?

GrTigers6
04-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Parden that there is one. Liberty Hill

GWOOD
04-17-2009, 09:02 PM
#23 Andrews
#24 Liberty Hill

However, Andrews got beat by Seminole after the rankings came out.

GrTigers6
04-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
#23 Andrews
#24 Liberty Hill

However, Andrews got beat by Seminole after the rankings came out. Sorry i missed Andrews too. But still 2? thats crazy. This is a talented region

GWOOD
04-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Actually, I think the region is down this year. Abilene Wylie, Snyder, Lubbock Cooper-all down from last year. Who else is making waves?

Brownwood is doing great in district play. But they were 3-9 before district started. Lubbock Estacado is undefeated in 1-3A. They might be good.

Glen Rose is on a 10 or 11 game winning streak. How good are they? Lost to a couple of mediocre 2A teams early. You attribute that to key players still in basketball I assume?

Decatur might be putting things together in 5A. Can't tell about Andrews.

GrTigers6
04-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Actually, I think the region is down this year. Abilene Wylie, Snyder, Lubbock Cooper-all down from last year. Who else is making waves?

Brownwood is doing great in district play. But they were 3-9 before district started. Lubbock Estacado is undefeated in 1-3A. They might be good.

Glen Rose is on a 10 or 11 game winning streak. How good are they? Lost to a couple of mediocre 2A teams early. You attribute that to key players still in basketball I assume?

Decatur might be putting things together in 5A. Can't tell about Andrews. Yeah just all of our pitching!:)
We had players all over the field. My son had to pitch and he hasn't since JV his sophomore year. He belongs in centerfield and and didn't get to play there much.
In fact we had maybe 4 players per game in there actual positions. We just haven't played anyone to get respect and I understand thats why we aren't being looked at

GWOOD
04-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Yea, I was just looking and you guys have a 12 game winning streak. I know West lost the Vannatta kid this year, Gatesville lost a lot, and I don't know what is happening at China Spring. I thought they would be better this year. Hillsboro is down. So I would say you guys are not in a strong district.

But neither is Cuero and they are ranked #1.

GrTigers6
04-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Yea, I was just looking and you guys have a 12 game winning streak. I know West lost the Vannatta kid this year, Gatesville lost a lot, and I don't know what is happening at China Spring. I thought they would be better this year. Hillsboro is down. So I would say you guys are not in a strong district.

But neither is Cuero and they are ranked #1. Yeah we just faced Gatesville's ace and he gave us a bit of a challenge. Not helped much by his 2 homers one in the bottom of the 7th to bring it back to tie. This district has been a lot different in the past of course we lost kennedale and venus and gained china spring and gatesville.. Its just more competitive. thats why the other teams are all in the mix. It will be interesting to see how we perform in the playoffs.