PDA

View Full Version : Does your school have a strict dress code?

Keith7
04-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Just curious.. Can students where what they want or do they have to wear a strict dress code (i.e. khaki pants, belt, white collared shirt tucked in, black shoes, hair no longer than your ears for guys, etc.)?

jason
04-16-2009, 03:17 PM
blue jeans??

forneys was/is khaki or navy blue shorts, slacks, or skirts, with solid colored polos (red, white, blue, yellow, or a polo for a school sports team), tucked in, tennis shoes or dress shoes, no open toed shoes, black or brown belt, and guys hair couldnt go past the shirt collar and side burns could not go past the ear lobe...

it didnt bother me, i basically wore khaki shorts and polos anyways...

Sweetwater Red
04-16-2009, 03:18 PM
I couldn't tell you about now for sure. But when I was in high
school the most violated rules for boys were not having their
shirts tucked in or not shaving your mustache.

I have to take my son to the HS field house every morning and
I've seen boys with hair longer than most womens and wearing
what appears to be "intentionally" ragged clothes. So I guess
Sweetwater's dress code is a little more "tolerant" than some.

Pick6
04-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Yes. Pants must be navy or khaki. Shirt must have a collar. Only t-shirts allowed are those that have the school logo on them. Shorts must be finger tip length and must also be only navy or khaki. Boys hair can not touch the collar and no ear rings for boys. Girls can only have 1 piercing per ear and it must be in the ear lob. No other piercings are allowed. No opened toed shoes for boys or girls.

Doesn't seem so bad to me. It actually makes it easier when we go buy school clothes.

Emerson1
04-16-2009, 03:20 PM
You can't have ANY facial hair either.

Socks must be one color, same with shoelaces.

No sandals or flip flops or slippers

Must walk like nazis

Keith7
04-16-2009, 03:24 PM
when I was in high school, our dress code was this:

No t-shirts that advertise alcohol or tobacco, not hats, facial hair must be neatly groomed.

for girls: no shorts or shirts that are shorter than your finger tips.

anything else went

crzyjournalist03
04-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
when I was in high school, our dress code was this:

No t-shirts that advertise alcohol or tobacco, not hats, facial hair must be neatly groomed.

for girls: no shorts or shirts that are shorter than your finger tips.

anything else went

Them girls with stubby arms sure can let their shorts ride up!!!!

nobogey72
04-16-2009, 03:32 PM
At Wylie, the only rule is you can't mix brands. For example, you can't wear a Hilfiger shirt with Polo pants, etc. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Like anybody would anyway. Gimme a break.:rolleyes:

Keith7
04-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Them girls with stubby arms sure can let their shorts ride up!!!!

that is true, but who wants to look at girls w/ stubby arms anyways? Thats prolly the logic behind that

garciap77
04-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Just curious.. Can students where what they want or do they have to wear a strict dress code (i.e. khaki pants, belt, white collared shirt tucked in, black shoes, hair no longer than your ears for guys, etc.)?

What are you trying to do get NecksFan started!:D

;)

BILLYFRED0000
04-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Yes

No dresses on boys

waterboy
04-16-2009, 04:09 PM
---All shirts must have collars.
---Shorts can be worn but must be at least knee length.
---All shoes must have a back strap, no open heeled shoes.
---No baggy pants. All pants must come to the waist at all times, and not be two-tiered.
---A belt must be worn at all times.
---No earrings or studs are to be worn anywear other than the earlobe, and must not dangle more than 2 inches.
---No makeup on boys.
---Boys hair must be no longer than collar-length.

These are just a few at my daughters' school. My wife is also a teacher there and must dress in a professional manner.

waterboy
04-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Whoops!

And:
---No beards, goatees, or mustaches allowed, and sideburns cannot extend below the earlobe.

garciap77
04-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Whoops!

And:
---No beards, goatees, or mustaches allowed, and sideburns cannot extend below the earlobe.

Gilmer has a dress code?:D

;)

Looking4number8
04-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Yes

No dresses on boys

We have the same rule in Brownwood, also we do not allow facial hair on the girls. If they have it, we make them transfer to Early to keep us in 3A with Wylie

waterboy
04-16-2009, 04:16 PM
They don't go to Gilmer. They go to Union Hill a few miles outside Gilmer.

;) :D

garciap77
04-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
We have the same rule in Brownwood, also we do not allow facial hair on the girls. If they have it, we make them transfer to Early to keep us in 3A with Wylie

:clap: :clap: :clap:

sinton66
04-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Keith wears a dress?

I. B. Watching
04-17-2009, 07:13 AM
I'm not a big fan of dress codes. Kids at school are pretty much told what to do all the time (not all of them listen). I think authority can give a little on this. Once you put one in place, then you have to enforce it. That takes away from teaching imo. When I was in high school back in the 1970s, there was talk of a dress code and hair code, etc. They said some of the clothes we were wearing were distracting. One kid started showing up in a suit and tie, all nice and neat, and he became the distraction, so the dress code idea fizzled out.

Matthew328
04-17-2009, 09:05 AM
At Everman dress code is as follows for the most part and this just what I recall

Boys no facial hair period

Boys can have earrings but only a stud in the ear

Girls can have earrings in ears, two holes max

girls shorts and skirts can be an inch above the knee and they do get out the ruler

no revealing shirts, questionable logos etc.

Boys must have shirts tucked in w/belts at all times.

t-shirts can be worn but must be tucked in....hoodies can be worn but hood must be down inside.

no hats inside

shorts are ok

no make up on boys (not a problem at Everman though)

boys hair can not be below the earlobe

LH Panther Mom
04-17-2009, 06:15 PM
I don't think our dress code is overly strict, especially compared to when I was in school.

GrTigers6
04-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Glen Rose has a mild dress code. the basics hair, shirts with no vulger or alcohol ads. But Most IMPORTANT. You have to keep your pants UP!!!:D