PDA

View Full Version : Former Duke PG to play QB at Michigan!?

BreckTxLonghorn
04-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Or at least try out for it. One year to make a name for himself..

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4073430

Sweetwater Red
04-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Michigan is interested in him because he ran the spread in
high school and thanks to Tressel out recruiting Rodriguez for
Terrelle Pryor Michigan is in real need of a QB that can run the
spread effectively.

bandera7
04-16-2009, 12:53 PM
How freakish of an athlete do you have to be to go from Dukes PG (I know things changed at the end of the season but he was still PG for the majority) to a Michigan QB. Thats just incredible.

jason
04-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
How freakish of an athlete do you have to be to go from Dukes PG (I know things changed at the end of the season but he was still PG for the majority) to a Michigan QB. Thats just incredible. the real question is why isnt the duke football coach trying to get him to stay at duke ???

wildstangs
04-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by jason
the real question is why isnt the duke football coach trying to get him to stay at duke ???

They offered him a spot as a receiver.

DUKE22
04-16-2009, 01:29 PM
the real question is why isnt the duke football coach trying to get him to stay at duke ??? Yeah Coach Cutcliffe offered him a chance to play slot reciever, he said he did not feel he could play QB after such a long time away from the sport. Besides they have a pretty good QB coming back at DUKE so who knows, Paulus claims they have offered him a scholarship and a chance to play QB.

Maroon87
04-16-2009, 01:37 PM
I always liked the way Paulus played hoops. He seems to be a real competitor who took his demotion at Duke with a lot of class. I hope he gets the job.

crzyjournalist03
04-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Was he going to be drafted in the NBA? Could he use football as leverage in his basketball career, or is his basketball career done?

pirate4state
04-16-2009, 02:35 PM
the real question is why isnt the duke football coach trying to get him to stay at duke ??? maybe this is what inspired Sinton Fan's recent poll question. LMAO

eagles_victory
04-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Was he going to be drafted in the NBA? Could he use football as leverage in his basketball career, or is his basketball career done? He has no chance of making the NBA imo. If he thought he had a future in basketball I dont think he would be considering this. I hate Duke but he is a great kid and a classy kid hard not to like him.

If Im Michigan and trying to build a program and have some freshman coming in that would be the direction I would go in unless Paulus is head and shoulders above anyone else they have I would play the freshman get expierence and build for the future.

Keith7
04-16-2009, 06:52 PM
I remember seeing him playing in the Army H.S. All Star game or whatever it's called.. He was a heck of a football player I remember them saying he would play football at Duke as well as basketball but I guess that never happened..

He had his starting spot taken from him by a freshman this year so I doubt he had any chance at the NBA.. Maybe he could play at Europe if he wanted to

Keith7
04-16-2009, 07:05 PM
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=12332