PDA

View Full Version : Threat at SFA

eagles_victory
04-16-2009, 09:52 AM
This was on our school website

Several threatening signs were found posted on and off campus this morning. The signs found on campus stated “4-16-09 A shooting will occur today and students will die.” Several signs were also found off-campus at the Grove apartment complex stating “4-16-09 10 people will be killed and shot at the grove.” While these messages are disturbing, there have been no other indications of a threat. Classes will continue as scheduled. Police patrols have been increased today. We ask that students, faculty and staff be vigilant and notify University Police immediately if they witness any unusual activity. Any updates will be posted on this site.

Im debating on if I should go to the rest of my classes or not.

Pmoney
04-16-2009, 09:57 AM
The only way I would is if I had a major test

BreckTxLonghorn
04-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Any updates on this?

eagles_victory
04-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Nothing has happened yet me and coach are both still in the room

BreckTxLonghorn
04-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Nothing has happened yet me and coach are both still in the room

Yeah, I think the safe than sorry theory is probably the way to go. Hope nothing happens.

eagles_victory
04-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Yeah, I think the safe than sorry theory is probably the way to go. Hope nothing happens. Im starting to think if something was going to happen it already would have so we should be alright.

BobcatBenny
04-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Are you wishing for conceal and carry on college campuses right about now?

BHBrave08
04-16-2009, 04:14 PM
This was on our school website

Several threatening signs were found posted on and off campus this morning. The signs found on campus stated “4-16-09 A shooting will occur today and students will die.” Several signs were also found off-campus at the Grove apartment complex stating “4-16-09 10 people will be killed and shot at the grove.” While these messages are disturbing, there have been no other indications of a threat. Classes will continue as scheduled. Police patrols have been increased today. We ask that students, faculty and staff be vigilant and notify University Police immediately if they witness any unusual activity. Any updates will be posted on this site.

Im debating on if I should go to the rest of my classes or not.
Thats not cool at all... I have a few friends who go to SFA and thats just not a comforting thing to have happen... But I guess it is a good excuse not to go to class.

crzyjournalist03
04-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
Thats not cool at all... I have a few friends who go to SFA and thats just not a comforting thing to have happen... But I guess it is a good excuse not to go to class.

unfortunately, a general rule of thumb is that threats are made to incite fear and nothing else. If someone really wanted to commit a mass shooting, they rarely tell the world about it ahead of time.

Maroon87
04-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Woman jailed for Stephen F. Austin shooting threat
Associated Press
Thursday, April 23, 2009

NACOGDOCHES — A 20-year-old Texas college student has been jailed for allegedly posting signs threatening a deadly mass shooting.

A notice on Stephen F. Austin State University's Web site says police arrested sophomore Jennifer Grant on Wednesday and booked her into jail.

Grant lives in an off campus apartment complex where many of the signs appeared April 16. They warned that 10 people at the complex would be shot to death.

Authorities have said threatening signs were also found on the campus in Nacogdoches, which is 150 miles southeast of Dallas.

Prosecutors have no record of an attorney for Grant. Her arraignment is scheduled for Thursday.

The signs were found on the second anniversary of the Virginia Tech massacre that left 32 people dead.

BuffyMars
04-23-2009, 11:47 AM
cookoo....cokoo...

eagles_victory
04-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Rumor is she got set up. Not the type of person you would expect to do this at all.

mwynn05
04-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Rumor is she got set up. Not the type of person you would expect to do this at all. you know her? i saw she went to westwood