PDA

View Full Version : Politics Aside ...

BobcatBenny
04-15-2009, 11:53 AM
... and now that all emotion is gone.

Is it now fair to say, 2008 Region 1, Texas HS Football was over-rated by the 3ADL?

Especially during preseason last year?

Bullaholic
04-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

Is it now fair to say, 2008 Region 1, Texas HS Football was over-rated by the 3ADL?

Careful, BB---The Div I champ, Prosper, their only loss was to Reg I, pre-seaason unranked Bridgeport, whose only loss was to another Reg I, team, LH.

Sweetwater Red
04-15-2009, 12:06 PM

Only if it's fair to say that a decent Region II team doesn't play
anyone for the first 14 weeks of the season. While decent Region
I teams beat up on each other for those same 14 weeks.:thinking:

LHexPlayer
04-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

:clap: :clap:

It is safe to say Celina is pompous as usual.

garciap77
04-15-2009, 12:12 PM

:tisk:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/byebyepussy-1.jpg

:D

;)

Bullaholic
04-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Has this officially become a "Can the 'Cats" thread? :D

If so--invite everyone you know. :D

Pick6
04-15-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Careful, BB---The Div I champ, Prosper, their only loss was to Reg I, pre-seaason unranked Bridgeport, whose only loss was to another Reg I, team, LH.

Who was LH's only loss to?

Sweetwater Red
04-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Who was LH's only loss to?

Celina who lost to Prosper who lost to Bridgeport who lost to
Liberty Hill who lost to Celina. Keep up!:doh:

garciap77
04-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Celina who lost to Prosper who lost to Bridgeport who lost to
Liberty Hill who lost to Celina. Keep up!:doh:

:vrycnfsd::vrycnfsd::vrycnfsd:

BobcatBenny
04-15-2009, 01:34 PM
25% of Celina's 2008 games were played against eventual 2008 State Champs or 2007 State Champions.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Of course Celina was only victorious in 25% of those. :(

But ... in 3A it only took a single Region 2 District to expel the best Region 1 had to offer. :D

Bullaholic
04-15-2009, 01:43 PM
25% of Celina's 2008 games were played against eventual 2008 State Champs or 2007 State Champions.

But ... in 3A it only took a single Region 2 District to expel the best Region 1 had to offer. :D

What's our favorite phrase on here, BB--"Wait until next year." :D

bobcat4life
04-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Look at the top ranked region 1 teams going into the season:

1. LH
3. Brownwood
6. China Spring
15. Glen Rose
18. Snyder
20. Monahans
21. Lubbock Estacado
24. Abilene Wylie

just a little overrated

Electus Unus
04-15-2009, 02:47 PM
I told everyone so!

garciap77
04-15-2009, 02:59 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/smiley_guy_sticking_out_tongue_lg_c.gif

BobcatBenny
04-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
I told everyone so!
There you go trying to take credit for something, someone else did!

Besides, if it was done, it probably wasn't done by someone in Region 1. And ... definitely not Region 4. :taunt:

3afan
04-15-2009, 06:48 PM

LH isn't REALLY in RI :p

DaHop72
04-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
I told everyone so! :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

charlesrixey
04-16-2009, 07:54 AM
lol

Im a bobcat, but i'm not going to get carried away here

AW was every bit as good as Prosper (some say an inch better lol)

Celina was not the same team in the playoffs as during the regular season, but they also didn't lose to anything less than good teams themselves (the only non-state champion they lost to was 4A Whitehouse on the road in the last minute).

But, LH was a great team, and Celina just played with a fire no one could've matched that night.

Division I was very good for Region I, but in D1 Prosper matched AW and got the final blow.
Division II was also good for depth, but LH caught the right team at the wrong time.

I think Region I lived up to its billing as far as rankings, but the very best teams just happened to come from lesser regions. Region I was arguably the best as far as the number of high quality playoff teams in the hunt

waterboy
04-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

I think Region I lived up to its billing as far as rankings, but the very best teams just happened to come from lesser regions. Region I was arguably the best as far as the number of high quality playoff teams in the hunt
I'll have to disagree with you here. Region 3 was the strongest region this past year, and probably will be again this year. What you're insinuating is that Carthage was a very good team from a "lesser" region. That's almost laughable. Region 3 was stacked and will be again this coming season. Just be glad they moved Gilmer out of Region 2, or Celina might not have made it to the championship game.:evillol:

garciap77
04-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I'll have to disagree with you here. Region 3 was the strongest region this past year, and probably will be again this year. What you're insinuating is that Carthage was a very good team from a "lesser" region. That's almost laughable. Region 3 was stacked and will be again this coming season. Just be glad they moved Gilmer out of Region 2, or Celina might not have made it to the championship game.:evillol:

:1popcorn:

BobcatBenny
04-16-2009, 10:50 AM
I am just guessing here, but I suspect Gilmer would have returned to the DI bracket if it had stayed in Region 2?

And ... yes certainly Gilmer would not have rolled over and played dead for Celina if they had been a DII team in Region 2.

That 1" just must drive AW and Region 1 fans crazy. ;)

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/BobcatBenny/Prosper2PointConversion.jpg

waterboy
04-16-2009, 12:09 PM
I am just guessing here, but I suspect Gilmer would have returned to the DI bracket if it had stayed in Region 2?

And ... yes certainly Gilmer would not have rolled over and played dead for Celina if they had been a DII team in Region 2.

No, Gilmer would've still been DII unless Chapel Hill moved out of their district. I do believe that it'll be tougher this year for CH to make the playoffs due to the fact that they lost their head coach, and will be learning a new system......plus there's still Gladewater and Tatum to contend with. There's a good chance that Gilmer will go D1 this coming season, which would bode well for Celina.:evillol: And about this comment > "certainly Gilmer would not have rolled over and played dead for Celina"< that is an understatement. We'll never really know, but my money would've been on Gilmer in that matchup.;)

BobcatBenny
04-16-2009, 12:25 PM
No, Gilmer would've still been DII unless Chapel Hill moved out of their district. I do believe that it'll be tougher this year for CH to make the playoffs due to the fact that they lost their head coach, and will be learning a new system......plus there's still Gladewater and Tatum to contend with. There's a good chance that Gilmer will go D1 this coming season, which would bode well for Celina.:evillol: And about this comment > "certainly Gilmer would not have rolled over and played dead for Celina"< that is an understatement. We'll never really know, but my money would've been on Gilmer in that matchup.;)

Oh I know Gilmer caught Daingerfield on an off night. ;)

But ... in 2008 Celina only lost to 2008 State Champs and 4A teams.

Was Gilmer 4A or a 2008 State Champ? :D

waterboy
04-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Oh I know Gilmer caught Daingerfield on an off night. ;)
You'll have to ask the Daingerfield fans about that. Gilmer took them behind the woodshed 49-18, in a game that wasn't even that close. Gilmer was up 42-0 one possession into the 3rd quarter before the scrubs were put in to finish the game. When did Celina put in their scrubs? Oh, wait, they didn't because they lost to the same Daingerfield team 28-20!

But ... in 2008 Celina only lost to 2008 State Champs and 4A teams.
In 2008, Gilmer only had 2 losses total, how many did Celina have? Oh, and those losses were to Carthage in the Region 3 finals (31-28), the same team that beat Celina in the state title game 49-37 (I guess that's a loss for Gilmer to a state champion, huh?), and to Kilgore (28-14), who is a perennial 4A playoff team who won a 4A state title in '04 (I guess that's a loss to a 4A playoff team).

Was Gilmer 4A or a 2008 State Champ? :D :p
Was Celina a 4A or a 2008 State Champ?:thinking: That's what I thought! Looks to me like Gilmer fared better against the only 2 common opponents, too. Oh, well, must have been off nights.:rolleyes:

:stirpot: Just to stir the pot a little, what was the score the last time Celina played Gilmer?:doh: Does 45-22 ring a bell?:D

BobcatBenny
04-16-2009, 02:46 PM
My dogs say that Gilmer was ducking Celina by losing to Carthage!

And ... they are far more intelligent that you or I.
http://www.rangerrob.com/images/reneckdogs1.jpg

waterboy
04-16-2009, 02:55 PM
My dogs say that Gilmer was ducking Celina by losing to Carthage!

And ... they are far more intelligent that you or I.
http://www.rangerrob.com/images/reneckdogs1.jpg
:eek: "ducking"? Me no think so! If we could've beaten Carthage, which was a very close game all the way to the end, I feel we would've beaten y'all! But who cares, it didn't happen anyway.....:hand:

:eek: Hey! Those are my buddy's dogs! How'd you get a picture of 'em? They look like they're from East Texas to me!:D

charlesrixey
04-24-2009, 06:51 AM

:rolleyes:

everyone knows region 3 is always the deepest and best; what i'm saying is that region 1 had just as many top tier teams this past year, something i haven't seen any region come close to doing to region 3 in many years, in 3A or 2A.

Yes, i also know that this is because several teams that were in 3 realigned to 1 last year, but i will always consider centex different from east texas.

charlesrixey
04-24-2009, 07:00 AM
:rolleyes:

:stirpot: Just to stir the pot a little, what was the score the last time Celina played Gilmer?:doh: Does 45-22 ring a bell?:D

Celina has been to a quarterfinal and then four championship games in the five years since.

I think we're over it :D

Gilmer will be the #1 team to start the season, and Celina will probably be in top 5.

Until the bobcats beat the team that beats the buckeyes in the playoffs, we'll keep hearing this over and over again (45-22, 45-22)

until then i'll suck it up and continue to support my inferior team lol

waterboy
04-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Celina has been to a quarterfinal and then four championship games in the five years since.

I think we're over it :D

Gilmer will be the #1 team to start the season, and Celina will probably be in top 5.

Until the bobcats beat the team that beats the buckeyes in the playoffs, we'll keep hearing this over and over again (45-22, 45-22)

until then i'll suck it up and continue to support my inferior team lol
:thumbsup: Okay.:D

Suck it up, 'cause anytime my team is dis'ed by yours I'll bring it up.;)

garciap77
04-24-2009, 07:51 AM

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/BobcatBenny/Prosper2PointConversion.jpg

Keep talking Benny! Keep talking!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/shark-fin.jpg

;)