PDA

View Full Version : Wylie's New Jumbo-Tron

nobogey72
04-15-2009, 11:51 AM
I am so mad. I just found out that it is ONLY going to be a LITTLE BIT BIGGER than the one at Shotwell. However, it is a LOT BIGGER than the ones at Graham and Brownwood. I guess we spent so much on our new 5 story entrance (elevator, etc.) that we had to trim back on the Jumbo-Tron from a XXL to an XL. I am so mad.:D :D

waterboy
04-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Got any pictures? I'd feel short-changed, too, if they didn't at least make it as big as Shotwell's.:cool:

Shoot......I'd like to just have one! :mad:

Troybuilt
04-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I am so mad. I just found out that it is ONLY going to be a LITTLE BIT BIGGER than the one at Shotwell. However, it is a LOT BIGGER than the ones at Graham and Brownwood. I guess we spent so much on our new 5 story entrance (elevator, etc.) that we had to trim back on the Jumbo-Tron from a XXL to an XL. I am so mad.:D :D

How much are you pitchin in?

nobogey72
04-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Got any pictures? I'd feel short-changed, too, if they didn't at least make it as big as Shotwell's.:cool:

Shoot......I'd like to just have one! :mad:

It IS going to be bigger than Shotwell's. But just a little bigger. No pics, installation won't start till May.

Sweetwater Red
04-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Troybuilt

He's a banker. I imagine as much as he wants to.:D

nobogey72
04-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Troybuilt

It's like a "blood/turnip" type thing.:(

garciap77
04-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
He's a banker. I imagine as much as he wants too.:D

He is paying for it all last I heard!:D

;)

waterboy
04-15-2009, 12:17 PM
It IS going to be bigger than Shotwell's. But just a little bigger. No pics, installation won't start till May.
Oh............:mad: Only a "little" bigger? That thang should be as big as the one that going up at the new Cowboy stadium!:eek: Did you not make a big enough donation?!:mad:

Cheap skate!:doh:

:D

........Once again, I just wish we had one! :mad:

garciap77
04-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Oh............:mad: Only a "little" bigger? That thang should be as big as the one that going up at the new Cowboy stadium!:eek: Did you not make a big enough donation?!:mad:

Cheap skate!:doh:

........Once again, I just wish we had one! :mad:

Hey, waterboy! Have you not heard that banks do not have anymore money?:D

;)

waterboy
04-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Hey, waterboy! Have you not heard that banks do not have anymore money?:D

;)
I've heard that somewhere before...........but I know it's gotta be a lie! I've been giving them all my money every payday for years.......as has nearly everybody!:D

I just think that people like nobogey spread those rumors.......so people ain't surprised when the money is gone!:D Of course, bankers have to keep up appearances like they have money......so that kinda blows their cover. After all, he has to supply milk duds and M&Ms for the wife.:D

nobogey, you should've of made a bigger donation, you cheap-skate! Advertising on the board would pay for itself......wouldn't it?:thinking:

......once again, I wish we just had a ------tron.....maybe even a mini-tron! :mad:

STANG RED
04-15-2009, 01:35 PM
He is paying for it all last I heard!:D

;)

Some of that bank bailout money, hard at work I see.:foul:

On another note: The famed concrete pee troughs in the men’s rooms floors are no more at the Mustang Bowl. :bigcry:
Actually I just noticed the buildings had been knocked down, but the slabs with pee troughs intact may have been left for posterity’s sake. Perhaps a planter would be a good use for them. Stink weed should grow well in them. :D

slingshot
04-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Heard (from a reliable source) last weekend that a local power company was 'sponsoring' the jumbotron and paying for nearly all of it with advertising rights.

BreckTxLonghorn
04-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Why doesn't Wylie put the money to good use, and instead of buying a jumbotron spend a little cash to make sure their radio team has more than one shirt? Cheapos. Hell, even the waterboys wear different outfits week to week.

nobogey72
04-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Why doesn't Wylie put the money to good use, and instead of buying a jumbotron spend a little cash to make sure their radio team has more than one shirt? Cheapos. Hell, even the waterboys wear different outfits week to week.

We're supersticious. BTW Breck---------NICE GYM!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

squid
04-15-2009, 02:01 PM
I certainly hope that the money we're spending on the pressbox and jumbotron doesnt come out of the referee slush fund.

waterboy
04-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by squid
I certainly hope that the money we're spending on the pressbox and jumbotron doesnt come out of the referee slush fund.
:eek: Yeah, y'all wouldn't wanna see that happen! Before you know it they'll be purposely making bad calls against y'all.;) I can see it now........"Ref Blows Call, Wylie Loses Game!" Referee says smugly, "Hey, they robbed us so we'll rob them!":D

Disclaimer: Referees don't "purposely" blow calls so this story is completely fictitious.;)

STANG RED
04-15-2009, 02:16 PM

Or the UIL realignment commitee slush fund. :eek:

I know those guys count on that for a new car purchase every two years. :p

garciap77
04-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Some of that bank bailout money, hard at work I see.:foul:

On another note: The famed concrete pee troughs in the men’s rooms floors are no more at the Mustang Bowl. :bigcry:
Actually I just noticed the buildings had been knocked down, but the slabs with pee troughs intact may have been left for posterity’s sake. Perhaps a planter would be a good use for them. Stink weed should grow well in them. :D

Hey Stang! You know very well Nobogey has been working hard at his parttime job to get this Jumbotron (Mr. Burger waving at people).

;)

BreckTxLonghorn
04-15-2009, 02:32 PM
We're supersticious. BTW Breck---------NICE GYM!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

You're also stinky :devil:

Is it nice?! I've heard good things but haven't seen it since it was in mid-construction. Probably just a LITTLE bit bigger than the old gym haha.

garciap77
04-15-2009, 03:04 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/telephone_shhh.gif

garciap77
04-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Or the UIL realignment commitee slush fund. :eek:

I know those guys count on that for a new car purchase every two years. :p

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_2463-2.jpg

;)

nobogey72
04-15-2009, 03:35 PM

No, it doesn't. In fact, the referee fund is permanantly endowed. It's kind of funny, but the City of Abilene is well known for being very very picky about codes and inspections and that kind of stuff. For example when we built the doghouse (which is 99% steel and concrete) the City code required sprinkler system by the fire marshall. So our Sup. (after losing his appeal) moved the plans about a qtr. mile to the east which put it out of the city limits. To add to our homeside stands, we were going to have to redo the existing stands which was going to be a huge expense. So, they came up with a design where the new part is not connected to the existing part. So, I'm guessing that Wylie is now on the City's s--- list. (Which I'm sure we were already on)

garciap77
04-15-2009, 03:40 PM
.................................................. .................................................. .......................................... So, I'm guessing that Wylie is now on the City's s--- list. (Which I'm sure we were already on)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

The c-c- list! Oh no!

;)

Ranger Mom
04-15-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm guessing that Wylie is now on the City's s--- list. (Which I'm sure we were already on)

It's only because you send their schools all those kids every 2 years only to get them back a couple of months later!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

;) :p :D

garciap77
04-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It's only because you send their schools all those kids every 2 years only to get them back a couple of months later!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

;) :p :D

:tisk:

Penatly on Ranger Mom! Wylie ball 1st and 10!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/referee-cartoon1.jpg

;)

LionKing
04-15-2009, 05:58 PM
I am so mad. I just found out that it is ONLY going to be a LITTLE BIT BIGGER than the one at Shotwell. However, it is a LOT BIGGER than the ones at Graham and Brownwood. I guess we spent so much on our new 5 story entrance (elevator, etc.) that we had to trim back on the Jumbo-Tron from a XXL to an XL. I am so mad.:D :D nobogey, I'm pretty sure Shotwell's and Gordon Wood stadiums jumbo's are pretty close to the same size, ( shotwell's may be just a tad little bigger)if GW stadium's had all the advertisements around it, it would look much bigger.

kepdawg
04-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Are you guys really having a who's bigger discussion?

LionKing
04-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Are you guys really having a who's bigger discussion? Of course, we all know everything's BIGGER in Texas.

squid
04-16-2009, 06:06 AM
OK, in one thread we've revealed our 'Referee Slush Fund', and our 'Dodging City Codes & Zoning Restrictions Fund'

Should we go ahead and reveal our 'Mess with us and we'll have you dropped to 2A' fund? ooops, did I say that out loud?

garciap77
04-16-2009, 07:47 AM
OK, in one thread we've revealed our 'Referee Slush Fund', and our 'Dodging City Codes & Zoning Restrictions Fund'

Should we go ahead and reveal our 'Mess with us and we'll have you dropped to 2A' fund? ooops, did I say that out loud?

Be careful what you say here!:D

;)

BreckTxLonghorn
04-16-2009, 11:50 AM

In my apartment, we have a 'slushee slush fund'. Its awesome.

nobogey72
04-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by LionKing
nobogey, I'm pretty sure Shotwell's and Gordon Wood stadiums jumbo's are pretty close to the same size, ( shotwell's may be just a tad little bigger)if GW stadium's had all the advertisements around it, it would look much bigger.

OK if I must. The actual screen size of Wylie's is going to be 2ft. taller and 1.5 ft wider than Shotwells, and, Shotwell's is bigger than Gordon Wood's. So there.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sweetwater Red
04-16-2009, 12:11 PM
OK if I must. The actual screen size of Wylie's is going to be 2ft. taller and 1.5 ft wider than Shotwells, and, Shotwell's is bigger than Gordon Wood's. So there.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

What's the price tag?:thinking:

RedWhiteBlue
04-16-2009, 01:54 PM
I'll believe all this crap that Bogey is dishing out when I see it.....:rolleyes:

TinyTim
04-16-2009, 02:00 PM

Okay, here goes! Disregard my screen name.

Nobogey,

Is bigger better?

nobogey72
04-16-2009, 02:10 PM
What's the price tag?:thinking:

I really don't know. But, I do know that there is a manufacturer that offered to put one up for us at no cost, but they got all the ad. revenue till they got all their money back and then it was a 50/50 split after that. Plus, they would sell all the ads. We did not choose that option with the thinking that the ad revenue would be better for the school in the long run just to do it ourselves. We'll see. I'm sure that the general public and all the football haters will assume that it came out of tax dollars, which it didn't. It is 100% private $. All I know is that it is WAY bigger than Brownwood's and somewhat bigger than Shotwell's. It's huge!!!!!!!! I mean huge!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Texasfootball2
04-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I'll believe all this crap that Bogey is dishing out when I see it.....:rolleyes:
Well you will have to come to the JV game next year then, because the Varsity game will be in Graham.

BwdLion73
04-16-2009, 02:57 PM

So at the meeting they said..."but Brownwood has one"...Glad to see your keeping up with the Jones. :D :D

injuredinmelee
04-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
So at the meeting they said..."but Brownwood has one"...Glad to see your keeping up with the Jones. :D :D

no we just thought it odd that a non playoff team would want one.

BwdLion73
04-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
no we just thought it odd that a non playoff team would want one.

Well as long as yours is bigger...indulge us.:p

injuredinmelee
04-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Well as long as yours is bigger...indulge us.:p

nah you guys were a shoe in..

nobogey72
04-16-2009, 03:24 PM

We heard that Brownwood is using theirs to show Seinfeld "re-runs" on Friday nights for those that don't yet have TVs.:D :D

garciap77
04-16-2009, 03:46 PM
We heard that Brownwood is using theirs to show Seinfeld "re-runs" on Friday nights for those that don't yet have TVs.:D :D

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

slingshot
04-16-2009, 07:07 PM
We heard that Brownwood is using theirs to show Seinfeld "re-runs" on Friday nights for those that don't yet have TVs.:D :D That was just during the playoffs... ;)

garciap77
04-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
That was just during the playoffs... ;)

squid
04-19-2009, 09:31 PM
nobogey or garcia, I just heard that Wylie will be wearing UnderArmor jerseys next year. Do yall know if that is a sponsorship of the program, or just Wylie deciding to go with that particular brand?

WylieBulldog92
04-19-2009, 09:47 PM
nobogey or garcia, I just heard that Wylie will be wearing UnderArmor jerseys next year. Do yall know if that is a sponsorship of the program, or just Wylie deciding to go with that particular brand?
I'm not sure if you are serious or joking?

squid
04-20-2009, 06:01 AM
Not joking. I know a student trainer and they chose their outfits for next year. They were told to hold off for a little while, they may be going UnderArmour also....

garciap77
04-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Not joking. I know a student trainer and they chose their outfits for next year. They were told to hold off for a little while, they may be going UnderArmour also....

True! That's what I heard @ the Whataburger!:D

Daddy D 11
04-20-2009, 10:23 AM
I heard from a reliable little birdie that Wylie might be going Under Armour next year, sounds like I'm not the only one hearing that? That'd be nice, it's always better to lose in Week 2 @ LH when you look good....

Oh, and this jumbo tron mumbo jumbo is a load of crap:D

Texasfootball2
04-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I heard from a reliable little birdie that Wylie might be going Under Armour next year, sounds like I'm not the only one hearing that? That'd be nice, it's always better to lose in Week 2 @ LH when you look good....

Oh, and this jumbo tron mumbo jumbo is a load of crap:D

Oh it's a "Load" all right. Whether or not it's crap is yet to be decided, but my gut tells me that the word "crap" will not be one of the adjectives used to decribe it once it's up and running. In fact it will only add to the traditional and constant $$$ bashing the Wylie community has grown use to, even though the Scoreboard and the Doghouse will both be projects that required "NO" school funds. As far as the Pressbox and added seating, I think that was a school funded project.

All I know is that once it's finished, it will be one of the best 3A facilities in the state.

Sweetwater Red
04-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2

All I know is that once it's finished, it will be one of the best 3A facilities in the state.

It won't even be the second best in the district.:devil:

Texasfootball2
04-20-2009, 12:47 PM
It won't even be the second best in the district.:devil:

I understand that you Sweetwateriniains think a lot of Gordon Wood Stadium, but I think baring some late updates that Bulldog Stadium should A-#1 in the district.

That is, if you were talking about Brownwood, or maybe even Graham. Surely you weren't referring to that field at the bottom of a concrete hole with the Pink endzones, were you? Surely not:D

Sweetwater Red
04-20-2009, 12:49 PM
I understand that you Sweetwateriniains think a lot of Gordon Wood Stadium, but I think baring some late updates that Bulldog Stadium should A-#1 in the district.

That is, if you were talking about Brownwood, or maybe even Graham. Surely you weren't referring to that field at the bottom of a concrete hole with the Pink endzones, were you? Surely not:D

Ya'll are still going to have a chain link fence at the entrance of
Bulldog stadium.:thinking:

That is so trailer park.:D

ccmom
04-20-2009, 01:26 PM

Well, Red....we do what we can to make you feel at home. I'm glad you noticed.:D :rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
04-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Well, Red....we do what we can to make you feel at home. I'm glad you noticed.:D :rolleyes:

This from a woman that spends her Saturdays at the the country club sipping martinis with the rest of the trophy wives. Meanwhile their husbands are on the golf course wagering $10K a hole.:D

ccmom
04-20-2009, 02:25 PM
This from a woman that spends her Saturdays at the the country club sipping martinis with the rest of the trophy wives. Meanwhile their husbands are on the golf course wagering $10K a hole.:D

I guess I don't see your point?:confused:

Texasfootball2
04-20-2009, 02:29 PM

Actually there is not a stadium in the district that doesn't have chain link fence around their stadium.

"AND" from what I hear there will be a brick wall down the side where the press box is being built. As for the visitors side. Aside from the extremely nice brand new restrooms built underneath the remodeled stands, the entrance may still be a trailor park entrance, but it usually fits the patrons who are entering :D

Sweetwater Red
04-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Actually there is not a stadium in the district that doesn't have chain link fence around their stadium.

"AND" from what I hear there will be a brick wall down the side where the press box is being built. As for the visitors side. Aside from the extremely nice brand new restrooms built underneath the remodeled stands, the entrance may still be a trailor park entrance, but it usually fits the patrons who are entering :D

I guess you shouldn't have known this. But Mustang Bowl is
supposed to have a wrought iron fence along the south end
where the new main entrance will be located.

Texasfootball2
04-20-2009, 02:45 PM

Does the word "suppose" mean that it is presently being built or does it mean "hopefully" someday they will finish what they started.:D

Sweetwater Red
04-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Does the word "suppose" mean that it is presently being built or does it mean "hopefully" someday they will finish what they started.:D

Well GetRDoneStangs said that was part of the plan. But you
can't believe anything he says and only half of what you see him do.:eek: :D

Ranger Mom
04-20-2009, 02:48 PM

Well I was supposed to be skinny for the rest of my life without trying.....but that didn't work out either!!!:D

Sweetwater Red
04-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Well I was supposed to be skinny for the rest of my life without trying.....but that didn't work out either!!!:D

You must really hate me then.:taunt:

Ranger Mom
04-20-2009, 03:18 PM
You must really hate me then.:taunt:

I do!! I really do!!:tongue: :tongue:

michaelp23
04-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Surprised nobody posted this on here yet. Today's article in the Abilene Reporter News detailing the updates at Bulldog Stadium.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/apr/19/steppin-up/

Ranger Mom
04-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
Surprised nobody posted this on here yet. Today's article in the Abilene Reporter News detailing the updates at Bulldog Stadium.

Sounds nice!!

I always get a kick out of reading the comments other people make at the end of the article!!

garciap77
04-20-2009, 04:19 PM

And what do you call this?

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/urinal_trough-1.jpg

;)

garciap77
04-20-2009, 04:19 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

That was a good one! Where have you been ccmom?

garciap77
04-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Well GetRDoneStangs said that was part of the plan. But you
can't believe anything he says and only half of what you see him do.:eek: :D

You mean like this:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_4369.jpg

;)

Ranger Mom
04-20-2009, 04:35 PM
You mean like this:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_4369.jpg

That is the funniest thing I have seen today!

Do you just have all the pics filed under "blackmail" or something???:D :D

garciap77
04-21-2009, 12:38 PM
That is the funniest thing I have seen today!

Do you just have all the pics filed under "blackmail" or something???:D :D

No! GetRDoneStangs is the real deal. If he says is going to do something, he does it! He got along just fine with the purple and gold and I would be honored to take to another Wylie football game!:D

P.S. He will get the VIP treatment if he comes to one our home games!:D

Sweetwater Red
04-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23

Oh great. Now we have to pass another bond to get a new
pressbox.:thinking: :D

ccmom
04-21-2009, 02:03 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

That was a good one! Where have you been ccmom?

Oh, I've been here....just been quiet and shy, as usual, so you didn't notice me.:D

garciap77
04-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Oh, I've been here....just been quiet and shy, as usual, so you didn't notice me.:D

:2thumbsup