PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting scores to comment about!

Old Cardinal
10-20-2002, 04:05 PM
It was interesting, Longview Spring Hill had played a sub-par schedule and were riding a string of wins. Then they met Jefferson, with their 1-5 record and a #97 ranking. Jefferson won 28-14....congratulations to Jefferson....Sweeny had been predicted to be the doormat of their district- yet they came on strong, topping their strongest critics- Altair Rice by a nice score of 29-22....Orangefield whipped Hamshire-Fannett 17-0 to move one step closer to the playoffs from 21-3A, go Bobcats!....I could not believe that La Grange beat Elgin, but the score was 13-10.....West beat Hillsboro 23-17 in a neighborly rivalry.....Canyon over Borger 20-10, two emerging programs.......Decatur 38 Bridgeport 27, upstart Decatur continues to roll.....Cuero over Yoakum 10-3 (OT). Wharton over Edna 17-0 a big school/little school battle....Barbers Hill had a good solid win over Liberty 34-14 in 22-3A..... Fort Stockton beat Monahans 7-6 That's why we play the games!

Pudlugger
10-20-2002, 05:48 PM
Why can't you believe La Grange beat Elgin? By the way we held them to 23 yards total offense in the first half(the field goal came after a high snap on a punt followed by a goal line stand). The only td Elgin got was assisted by a pass interference call and a conversion following a fake punt with a very generous spot giving the 1st down by 1/2 inch. La Grange was clearly the better team in this contest.

johnhenryfaulk
10-20-2002, 06:27 PM
I actually saw this game. I think LaGrange has a tremendous defense. Elgin's defense was pretty good also. I think LaGrange won but it was not the blowout that Harris predicted. LG will cruise through the rest of the disrict and hopefully be a force in the playoffs again.

Old Cardinal
10-20-2002, 07:40 PM
I really don't have a dog in this dogfight between Elgin and La Grange. My sources said that Elgin has been improving throughout the season and they thought that it would be a solid win over La Grange....If Elgin improves more, in the next 3 games, they should be capable of making a statement in the playoffs. I had heard that La Grange is a little thin on depth and a few injuries would really hamper their prospects-is that true or false in your opinion?

Pudlugger
10-20-2002, 08:52 PM
Old Cardinal:
I had heard that La Grange is a little thin on depth and a few injuries would really hamper their prospects-is that true or false in your opinion?They have two good back-up Qbs in Zabranek (who led the teanm to a 36-13 victory in game 2 against Gonzales when Anderle was out with an ankle injury) and Daniels, a promising freshman who is fast with great moves. Two deep at fullback with Boothe and Thornton and tailback with Wilson and Johnson as well. There are several big OLs who would fill in fine and on D they have at least one good back-up in all spots that are ready to play. Obviously there are always players that would be missed if injured, but they have excellent depth in my opinion.

Old Cardinal
10-20-2002, 09:33 PM
Wow, That sounds great! Sound like you have more depth than most teams in Division II.