PDA

View Full Version : A true Story.

Farmersfan
04-15-2009, 08:08 AM
I would like to know what everyone thinks.
I was driving on a County rd yesterday around 2.00pm and ran up on 3 teenagers walking on the road towards me. One kid was walking right in the middle of my lane and would not move. I slowed down to about 5 mph and could not go around because of traffic coming the other direction. I made it pretty plain to the kid what I though of his actions but he never responded.(thank god for him). I finally was able to go around by using the other lane and proceeded down the highway for about a mile where I encountered a Sheriff's deputy loading a vehicle on a flatbed wrecker. When I reported the kid to the deputy he told me that was the kids car and it was impounded and the kid had gotten 3 tickets. After I told the deputy what the kid was doing he jumped in his cruiser and flew down the highway to get the kid.
I guess I am just a little confused as to what would go through a kids head in a situation like that to make them pull a stunt like that after getting 3 tickets and their car impounded? Did he think he was making a statement or fighting back?

waterboy
04-15-2009, 08:17 AM
That kid just needs a good ol' whooping. I've encountered similar situations a few times where a kid is walking in the middle of the road and won't get out of the way. This makes me pretty mad. I don't understand why some kids have to be stupid and disrespectful. It makes me want to hunt down their parents and whoop them!:mad:

garciap77
04-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I would like to know what everyone thinks.
I was driving on a County rd yesterday around 2.00pm and ran up on 3 teenagers walking on the road towards me. One kid was walking right in the middle of my lane and would not move. I slowed down to about 5 mph and could not go around because of traffic coming the other direction. I made it pretty plain to the kid what I though of his actions but he never responded.(thank god for him). I finally was able to go around by using the other lane and proceeded down the highway for about a mile where I encountered a Sheriff's deputy loading a vehicle on a flatbed wrecker. When I reported the kid to the deputy he told me that was the kids car and it was impounded and the kid had gotten 3 tickets. After I told the deputy what the kid was doing he jumped in his cruiser and flew down the highway to get the kid.
I guess I am just a little confused as to what would go through a kids head in a situation like that to make them pull a stunt like that after getting 3 tickets and their car impounded? Did he think he was making a statement or fighting back?

Making a statement!

I bet it's one of those kids that is spoiled, whose parents have not taking the switch to like "waterboy's" mother used to.:D

;)

Looking4number8
04-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
It makes me want to hunt down their parents and whoop them!:mad: :clap::clap:

waterboy
04-15-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Making a statement!

I bet it's one of those kids that is spoiled, whose parents have not taking the switch to like "waterboy's" mother used to.:D

;)
;) :D You DO know what I mean then......:thumbsup:

garciap77
04-15-2009, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
;) :D You DO know what I mean then......:thumbsup:

:)

Farmersfan
04-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Making a statement!

;)

I understand the concept of making a statement. The kid was obviously upset with 3 traffic tickets and getting his car impounded. but to put your own life at risk. The scary thing about the whole situation is the way the kid just looked at me without a smile or expression at all. I rolled down the window and let loose with some pretty good profanity and he never batted an eye. Makes me think now I might should be glad I didn't get out of the vehicle. I might be a statistic today!!!!! Little Charlie Manson could have used me to make a statement with...........:eek: :eek:

Bullaholic
04-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Last week in Denton traffic, a young man, probably a college student, let me know I was No. 1 several times. I probably responded wrongly by pulling up next to him at a light and advising him what I was going to do with his finger and whole arm, and where I was going to put it. He left quite hurriedly. The tongue lashing I got from my wife was probably a lot worse than anything he could have done to me. :D