PDA

View Full Version : District Track Meets..

44INAROW
04-14-2009, 04:39 PM
When is your district track meet?
District 28 has prelims tomorrow and finals on Thursday in Yoakum.

GetRDoneStangs
04-14-2009, 05:03 PM
District 2-3A is in Breckenridge on Wednesday and Friday.

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
When is your district track meet?
District 28 has prelims tomorrow and finals on Thursday in Yoakum.
District 8 is the same except in Burnet, not Yoakum. ;)

44INAROW
04-15-2009, 11:17 AM
weather is fine today but predictions for "funky" weather tomorrow, mainly in the late afternoon.. Sure hope it holds out long enough to finish finals :eek:

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
District 8 is the same except in Burnet, not Yoakum. ;)

oh darn LHPM - I know the Land of Bulldogs is one of your favorite places :D :D

garciap77
04-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
District 2-3A is in Breckenridge on Wednesday and Friday.

Any good places to eat at Breckenridge?

BreckTxLonghorn
04-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Any good places to eat at Breckenridge?

Pam's - just across the street from Citizen's National Bank on Walker (though it's only open until around 2, then MAYBE 5-7). Hard to get them when they're open, but best greasy spoon in town by far.

Ken's - on West Walker, just past the Sonic (north side of street). I recommend either the Chicken Tenders or the Southern Style Fish.

Ernie's - Flagship Mexican food restaurant in town. On your way out of town toward Abilene (again, on Walker aka Hwy 180, south side of street) Great changos and burritos covered in Queso. More Tex than Mex, but good.

Mi Familia/La Familia/Familias/etc - Its name has changed a few times so I don't know what it is now. More Mexican style than Ernie, maybe even better quality. Also on the way out of town on Walker, right before the ridge Motel (north side of street).

Pit Stop BBQ - Breckenridge Ave aka 183, just south of Walker on the west side of street. Never been there, but my parents love it. Dont know the hours.

Ray's Grocery & Market - Actual grocery store with a butcher/meat market in back. Not really a place to stay and eat, but good food to go. Used to love the burgers and the grilled chicken sandwich in high school, and the BEST chopped barbecue anywhere, bar none. When I go in I take requests/money from friends to pick them up a pint/quart. Also really good homemade deer jerky.

Of course you have your Mr. Jim's (pizza), McDonalds, Sonic, Chicken Express, Subway, but the above are the 'mom & pop' places that I always make sure to go by when I'm in town.

garciap77
04-15-2009, 12:29 PM
That chopped barbecue sounds great! I'll just get some hamburger buns to go with that!
Thanks BreckTxLonghorn!

:)

I might be able to sell some to Tiny Tim if he shows up!

;)

venomous tat2
04-15-2009, 02:21 PM
dist 24 in Navasota Wed the 15th & Thurs the 16th .

Rabid Cougar
04-15-2009, 09:42 PM
D7 Wednesday and Thursday at Glen Rose.

44INAROW
04-15-2009, 09:55 PM
I have a few results from District 28 field events
Boys:
Triple Jump - 1st Isaiah Glover - Cuero
Long Jump - 1st Isaiah Glover - Cuero
High Jump - 1st - Markert from Yoakum
2nd - Robert Armstrong - Cuero
Girls:
High Jump - 1st Megan Lange - Cuero

there could/might be others from Cuero but that's all I got right now. Heard the weather was perfect and a few folks got a little sunburn... I hope the weather cooperates tomorrow. Finals begin @ 6 PM

44INAROW
04-16-2009, 11:26 AM
so far so good on the weather in our neck of the woods.. Sure hope everyone gets to finish district meets today :)

pirate4state
04-16-2009, 11:27 AM
dude, i just found out our district track meet is TODAY! :doh: for some retarded reason, i thought it was NEXT week

oh well...

prelims today, finals on saturday

Robstown is hosting...GOOD LUCK WITH THAT! HA!

44INAROW
04-16-2009, 04:01 PM
I am sneaking off work a little bit early to head to the Land of the Bulldogs (Yoakum). So far the weather has cooperated. Hope it holds out about 8 hours then it can rain for 3 days :) Sure hope Mi Casa is open cause I am hungry for a Salad Plate with a cheese enchilada with LOTS of onions :D

gobbler grad
04-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Cuero boys JV and Varsity win 400 relays...:clap:

JV runs a 46 and Varsity runs a 42.46

KingRob
04-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Good Job Gobblers!:clap:

44INAROW
04-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Gobblers win the Boys Varsity and JV divisions. Don't have points totals - hopefully it's all in the newspaper in the AM

Lady Gobblers didn't win their divisions but both JV and Varsity had a good meet. I have some results but I hate to post just some and not all so I'll wait until I have the entire list.

Way to go guys and gals :clap: :clap:

pancho villa
04-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Mini Pancho has qualifed for the regional meet forth time in his career.

garciap77
04-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Gobblers win the Boys Varsity and JV divisions. Don't have points totals - hopefully it's all in the newspaper in the AM

Lady Gobblers didn't win their divisions but both JV and Varsity had a good meet. I have some results but I hate to post just some and not all so I'll wait until I have the entire list.

Way to go guys and gals :clap: :clap:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/1172276080-gb-Congrats__Smiley.gif