PDA

View Full Version : George Strait's Brother Found Dead!!

ILS1
04-13-2009, 03:22 PM
George Strait's older brother, John "Buddy" Strait was found dead Friday morning, April 10, in a San Antonio, Texas, hotel room.

San Antonio TV station WOAI reports that the body of the 58-year-old was discovered by the hotel cleaning crew. Bexar County deputies believe he died of natural causes, although an autopsy was scheduled to be performed over the weekend to determine the exact cause of death.

George Strait and his family are asking for privacy in the matter. The singer began the week being honored on Monday with an all-star salute as the ACM Artist of the Decade. He had also planned to return to the studio next week to begin work on a new album.

Story Link (http://www.theboot.com/2009/04/13/george-straits-brother-found-dead/?icid=main|main|dl5|link4|http://www.theboot.com/2009/04/13/george-straits-brother-found-dead/)

waterboy
04-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Man, that's sad.:( George Strait is our (the wife and me) favorite all-time artist. I hate to hear about that.

STANG RED
04-13-2009, 05:18 PM
The man has endured a lot. I remember when his daughter was killed several years back. Seems like it happened on the highway just outside the gates to their ranch. Man that would be tough to have to drive by every day.
George has been my favorite for many years now. I have met him on a couple of occasions, and he seemed just as down to earth and nice as anyone you could ever know. I pray for his family during this tough time.

PutMeInCoach
04-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Prayers and heart felt wishes.

LionKing
04-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
The man has endured a lot. I remember when his daughter was killed several years back. Seems like it happened on the highway just outside the gates to their ranch. Man that would be tough to have to drive by every day.
George has been my favorite for many years now. I have met him on a couple of occasions, and he seemed just as down to earth and nice as anyone you could ever know. I pray for his family during this tough time. I agree, his daughter was the first thing I thought of when I heard this, prayers to George and family.