PDA

View Full Version : Must be nice!!

Ranger Mom
04-13-2009, 01:57 PM
One of my coworkers asked me to go to the State comptrollers site to see how much "unclaimed money" he had. He said he checked it a few years ago, but never did anything about it.

I just checked.....$7,031.80, from 14 different entities!!!

And he's known about it for several years now!!:doh:

waterboy
04-13-2009, 02:03 PM
For those of you who want to check and see if the government has any of your money you can go to this site and check:

http://www.window.state.tx.us/up/

You never know........they might just have some money there for you!:)

Bullaholic
04-13-2009, 02:10 PM
I got--"Where are you right now?" :D

waterboy
04-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I got--"Where are you right now?" :D
:eek: Really?:eek: How'd that happen?

Ranger Mom
04-13-2009, 02:19 PM
WOW!! I have $109.56 when I put in my maiden name and first initial.

It was from the phone company on the phone I paid for when I still lived at home.

I don't even have the first clue how to prove that "P.O. Box 188" was my box number in Coahoma 25 years ago....the PO box was in my mom's name and she said she has nothing that she can think of that can prove it either.

Does the post office keep those kinds of records??

waterboy
04-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Only one way to find out.... I think the SSN should be enough proof, if I'm not mistaken..... Call and find out. There's a phone number you can call if you have any questions. I've never called it so I don't know whether it's automated or what, but it's probably worth a try.:kiss:

solocam
04-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Cool ATand t owes me 80.00

Ranger Mom
04-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Only one way to find out.... I think the SSN should be enough proof, if I'm not mistaken..... Call and find out. There's a phone number you can call if you have any questions. I've never called it so I don't know whether it's automated or what, but it's probably worth a try.:kiss:

Well....I talked to them earlier today, about my co-workers case......after I got through all the automated crap, I was on hold FOREVER before someone finally came on.

ronwx5x
04-13-2009, 03:24 PM
WalMart owes me $.73. Think I'll let it slide!:p

STANG RED
04-13-2009, 05:32 PM
I know for a fact K-Mart owes me a little over $500 from 1997, for some work I did for them, but was never able to collect. This was right before their bankruptcy filing. Sadly it does not show up on the list. Maybe I should check with Michigan. Their corp headquarters was out of Troy, which is where I got paid, when I got paid for other work. Even then, it always took several months, many phone calls, and numerous re-billings. It finally became such a hassle, I just quit doing work for them.

rockdale80
04-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Well....I talked to them earlier today, about my co-workers case......after I got through all the automated crap, I was on hold FOREVER before someone finally came on.

So what was the verdict? I am owed 399.75 but cant verify my address either. I should have tax records from then, but I can find them anywhere....

Ranger Mom
04-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
So what was the verdict? I am owed 399.75 but cant verify my address either. I should have tax records from then, but I can find them anywhere....

I didn't call them back. My mom said she was going to look into it, because she is owed around $300.00 from 2 different companies, so she is looking for the information.

One thing she DID say, because she called them, was that I needed the phone number......I have NO idea what that phone number was!!!:eek: :eek:

STANG RED
04-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I didn't call them back. My mom said she was going to look into it, because she is owed around $300.00 from 2 different companies, so she is looking for the information.

One thing she DID say, because she called them, was that I needed the phone number......I have NO idea what that phone number was!!!:eek: :eek:

I know I've got old address books that we've had for 25-30 years, that have many old numbers of friends and family that have been scratched out and the new number written in below that. I'd bet some of your old friends and/or family have got that number in an old address book.