PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Football 09

old warrior
04-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Whats Taylor got coming back for next year?
How strong was their JV, Fish, JH?

Dogman_1969
04-13-2009, 08:56 PM
They have a great athlete coming back in Mark Jackson who played RB last year. The mainstay for the Ducks last year was the RB Triston Meyer and he will be attending ETBU I believe. Other than these 2 I don't know.

injuredinmelee
04-13-2009, 09:18 PM
had me a good chicken fried steak at Ferraris in Taylor tonight.

Electus Unus
04-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
had me a good chicken fried steak at Ferraris in Taylor tonight. That place is awesome! I like the sirloin stockade a lot cause i can sit there for an hour or two and just indulge in the buffet.

offduty
04-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
They have a great athlete coming back in Mark Jackson who played RB last year.

Is he going to play RB or QB next year? If I remember right they also had a good looking Soph WR but I can't remember his name. Is little Cobia going to be the QB?

cameron91
04-14-2009, 10:34 AM
for a town to have 13,000 plus . you think they football team would be like their baseball team.rank high in 3a.

old warrior
04-16-2009, 08:14 PM
JV record?

Freshman record?

8th, 7th?

injuredinmelee
04-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
That place is awesome! I like the sirloin stockade a lot cause i can sit there for an hour or two and just indulge in the buffet.

I did that too last weekend...

ctownlegend
04-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Taylor is gonna be bringing back Jackson and a long lanky soph reciever that has hops that are outta this world (Kerley). Jackson played a lotta RB last year and it killed me. The kid is the best athlete to come through their program in ten years. Plays football (stud), Basketball (stud), Track (A Regular @ the State Meet), and this year he even decided to hop on the baseball field. He's gotta arm and his speed is deadly. HOW IS HE NOT THE QB?!?!?!? Oh wait, I forgot...that forgetable Cobia kid they had back there last year...i have NO idea why he was back there...oh wait..isn't the head coach's last name Cobia too?? (That explains it)

There District is gonna be tough next year with Cameron bringing back Townsend Wells and Freeman, but Taylor could be DEADLY with Jackson and Kerley playin keep away all season long...

Taylor fans...pray that Cobia finally sees the light...and does what he should have done 3 years ago...(Let Jackson Run the Show!!!)

Daddy D 11
04-17-2009, 09:45 AM
The Kerley kid you're talking about, any relation to Jeremy Kerley?

Electus Unus
04-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by ctownlegend
Taylor is gonna be bringing back Jackson and a long lanky soph reciever that has hops that are outta this world (Kerley). Jackson played a lotta RB last year and it killed me. The kid is the best athlete to come through their program in ten years. Plays football (stud), Basketball (stud), Track (A Regular @ the State Meet), and this year he even decided to hop on the baseball field. He's gotta arm and his speed is deadly. HOW IS HE NOT THE QB?!?!?!? Oh wait, I forgot...that forgetable Cobia kid they had back there last year...i have NO idea why he was back there...oh wait..isn't the head coach's last name Cobia too?? (That explains it)

There District is gonna be tough next year with Cameron bringing back Townsend Wells and Freeman, but Taylor could be DEADLY with Jackson and Kerley playin keep away all season long...

Taylor fans...pray that Cobia finally sees the light...and does what he should have done 3 years ago...(Let Jackson Run the Show!!!) You may be young but Taylor had a guy by the name of Marcus Bunton who eventually went to Tech.

KngKongInDTrunk
04-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
The Kerley kid you're talking about, any relation to Jeremy Kerley?

Cousin, I think.

ctownlegend
04-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
You may be young but Taylor had a guy by the name of Marcus Bunton who eventually went to Tech.

I know who Marcus Bunton is...great player...yeah..he ended up at Tech..and Jackson might not go to a major D-I program; however, thats not because of his lack of talent. Thats horrible coaching...I have always been critical of Cobia...If this kid goes to school in Navasota, Cameron...any school that runs a spread offense...the kid is a 4-5 star recruit...

Even still...he is still the best All-Around Athlete to come through Taylor system in 10 years...hands down

Oh and yes, I think Taylor's Kerley is cousins of Jeremy Kerley. Not the same type of player though from what I've seen, still good though

ctownlegend
04-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by ctownlegend
If this kid goes to school in Navasota, Cameron...any school that runs a spread offense...the kid is a 4-5 star recruit...

To clear up confusion (because yes Taylor does hop in the spread from time to time)...if Jackson goes to a school that has a coach who knows how to get talent the ball...he is a 4-5 star recruit...