PDA

View Full Version : Netflix?

STAggie
04-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Just signed up for the free trial. Took some talking into but finally got my wife onboard. Anyone else use this amazing service?

waterboy
04-13-2009, 10:47 AM
I won't use Netflix. The one time I tried it, years ago, they never had the movies I was looking for. I cancelled my subscription and they kept billing me a monthly fee for several months. It took quite a few phone calls to my credit card company and Netflix to stop the billing.:( Finally after a few months I got credited, I think......:confused: Needless to say, I won't use them again.

DDBooger
04-13-2009, 10:50 AM
It's awesome! Instant Netflix makes it even better!

Ranger Mom
04-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by STAggie
Just signed up for the free trial. Took some talking into but finally got my wife onboard. Anyone else use this amazing service?

I did, but it took me so long to finally sit down and actually watch a movie, I was paying for the monthly service and not watching the movies...it was a waste of money for me.

My boss absolutely loves it. I noticed on my TIVO messages they are talking about getting netflix over that....but I still haven't completely mastered recording one show and switching to the other DVR to watch something else.....I need to get more experience!!

STAggie
04-13-2009, 11:12 AM
The wife and I do a weekly movie night and more often then not watch at least two movies. We figured this was a way to save money. We also, like to watch TV on DVD when we are in laying down so we can now rent stuff and check it out, couldn't do it before with the movie places around here not getting them.

blowfish
04-13-2009, 01:56 PM
I had Netflix when it first came out and loved it until I got throtled. That was aboout the time the Blockbuster started thier version. I loved there service because you could return the movies in the store and get free rentals thier until your new ones arrived in the mail. They stopped doing that so I switched back to Netflix. Now they have the instant view and you can watch more movies in a moth than most people see in a year. Matter of fact i am waiting on my three movies to be here tommorrow afternoon!

BobcatBenny
04-13-2009, 02:22 PM
I have been using it for years. And I have always been pleased with the service. I had a movie get lost in the mail when I returned it. Just checked lost in the mail. And ... they sent me another without any questions or hassles.

And ... I have never had a problem getting any movie I wanted to see.

garciap77
04-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I did, but it took me so long to finally sit down and actually watch a movie, I was paying for the monthly service and not watching the movies...it was a waste of money for me.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........

:thinking: Did the 3ADL have anything to do with not having time to watch the movies?:D

;)

RedWhiteBlue
04-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Had the service for about 6 weeks now and my family absolutely loves it!!! It is awesome. We, too have a hard time sitting down and watching movies... Now, we can watch them whenever we get the chance- usually on the road or late at night and then send it back the next day.
The only problem is that the kids get on the website and change what movies we get next... :rolleyes:

waterboy
04-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Had the service for about 6 weeks now and my family absolutely loves it!!! It is awesome. We, too have a hard time sitting down and watching movies... Now, we can watch them whenever we get the chance- usually on the road or late at night and then send it back the next day.
The only problem is that the kids get on the website and change what movies we get next... :rolleyes:
Unplug the router....;) Or put parental control on the internet where they have to enter a password to get online.:cool:

Emerson1
04-13-2009, 04:08 PM
just change the password on your account

jason
04-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue

http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

or you could sue netflix for not having sufficient child-proof software on their website....

KngKongInDTrunk
04-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
It's awesome! Instant Netflix makes it even better!

My brother has it says he likes it but there is even less selection when trying to get them off the computer.

DDBooger
04-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by KngKongInDTrunk
My brother has it says he likes it but there is even less selection when trying to get them off the computer. I have like 90 plus movies on my instant queue, I find it hard to get to one! You just have to look. You won't find the newest movies on instant but you will find some from 2008. Lots of great older movies though.

Ranger Mom
04-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
:thinking: Did the 3ADL have anything to do with not having time to watch the movies?:D

;)

Could be!!!

But I really have a hard time sitting down that long....I feel like there is something else I should be doing!!

RedWhiteBlue
04-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by jason
http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

or you could sue netflix for not having sufficient child-proof software on their website....
Nah, it's fine.... most of the time they know the best movies to watch anyway.:D Watched 'Eagle Eye' this last weekend... man, it was awesome!!!

MN95
04-14-2009, 11:32 AM
what do you need to get set up with the on demand movies?

Emerson1
04-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by MN95
what do you need to get set up with the on demand movies?
http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevicesList?lnkce=nrd-l&trkid=425738&lnkctr=nrd-l-m

Not every movie is streamed though

waterboy
04-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Could be!!!

But I really have a hard time sitting down that long....I feel like there is something else I should be doing!!
:mad: Yeah! Get in that kitchen and fix me a sandwich, woman!:D You got all my clothes washed?

I kid....I kid!:kiss: :D

garciap77
04-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
:mad: Yeah! Get in that kitchen and fix me a sandwich, woman!:D You got all my clothes washed?

I kid....I kid!:kiss: :D

:tisk:

;)