PDA

View Full Version : If this had been USC or Oklahoma

Phil C
04-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Nothing would probably have been done.
On the other hand if it were A&M, Baylor or SMU then so.

YE OLE DOUBLE STANDARD!

:mad:

http://chronicle.com/news/article/6207/ncaa-penalizes-texas-am-u-corpus-christi-for-rules-violations-in-3-sports

Old Dog
04-11-2009, 11:30 AM
An article in the Austin paper this moring reported how the NCAA was using it's weight to stop Facebook pages that encourage recruits to come to certain schools ( in this case it was a hot shot basketball player to NC ST). The NCAA was threatening everyone in site.......; the school, the owner of the page and Facebook).

To me the bottom line is this; A school cannot be expected to control each and every graduate or fan of their program. I have noticed that several magazine or sports news bulletins sent out by many university programs repeatedly have warnings to fans posted that they can cause the school to be fined or placed on probation if they do any personal recruiting. Making a request for a kid to commit to your favorite college versus sending him money or making outlandish promises is like night and day! Of course there needs to be rules and overseers, but the NCAA needs reeling in.

Phil is correct; the rules appear to be applied at an uneven level. For instance, the Reggie Bush woes at USC would have casued major penalties at most schools........................

I. B. Watching
04-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Nothing would probably have been done.
On the other hand if it were A&M, Baylor or SMU then so.

YE OLE DOUBLE STANDARD!

:mad:

http://chronicle.com/news/article/6207/ncaa-penalizes-texas-am-u-corpus-christi-for-rules-violations-in-3-sports
Probably wouldn't have been anything done had it been UT or Notre Dame either

Phil C
04-11-2009, 03:34 PM
I.B. Notre Dame is good Christian Catholic College that is heavy into acedemics and one that tolerates no wrong doing or scandles.

bandera7
04-11-2009, 03:50 PM
I havent seen Notre Dame or UT (with the exception of that OU DT commit's silly accustaions) or A&M commit any illegal recruiting though.

Now, I am not naive either. But USC straight up got caught. To no penalty. Comparing what would happen to other schools, who have not been caught, is silly. Because all said schools are, according to all current knowledge, not breaking the rules.

I. B. Watching
04-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I.B. Notre Dame is good Christian Catholic College that is heavy into acedemics and one that tolerates no wrong doing or scandles.
Oh yeah, that's right. I should not have overlooked that. My bad.

Phil C
04-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
Oh yeah, that's right. I should not have overlooked that. My bad.

I.B. I admire the Catholic Church.

I. B. Watching
04-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Me too. I'm Catholic. But the Golden Dome has a few scratches

Phil C
04-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Me too. I'm Catholic. But the Golden Dome has a few scratches

:eek:

I. B. Watching
04-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Lol. You really crack me up. You have to be one of the funniest dudes on the board

Fal44
04-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Lol. You really crack me up. You have to be one of the funniest dudes on the board

agreed.