PDA

View Full Version : Fires

kepdawg
04-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Lots of North Texas and Oklahoma being affected by fires! Montague county was hit hard.

Bullaholic
04-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Lots of North Texas and Oklahoma being affected by fires! Montague county was hit hard.

Wise County was hit hard yesterday, also. God Bless our firemen---especially the Volunteer Depts., and thanks to all of the surrounding cities and counties who sent help.

Emerson1
04-10-2009, 10:02 AM
The smoke is terrible. I was able to look directly into the sun yesterday, it was a just a white circle in the sky. 45 min before sunset it had already disappeared

rangerjim
04-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Bullaholic - you hit it on the head with the volunteers - they put their lives at risk for very little pay. yesterday was one of those days where there wasn't anything you could do about large fires except focus on structures and human lives. The other departments coming to help have been great and we really appreciate them. We have checked in over 100 fire engines/etc. in Decatur since 6 pm yesterday and they all went right to work.

#1 thing is we survived one of the most potential devasting fire days (temp 88, RH 7%, modertate drought conditions, 50 mph winds) in a very long time with no one getting hurt in Wise/Montague. Houses can be rebuilt, stuff can be rebought.

Rain will stink on Easter but we'll take every drop that is predicted.

grmfan93
04-10-2009, 05:53 PM
They are still working on putting one out just outside of graham...they were flying helicopters over graham all day

RedWhiteBlue
04-11-2009, 02:32 PM
We live in the middle of town and spent the whole night with our house smelling of smoke. We drove from Graham to Cisco this morning and saw fire everywhere in between. I just pray that it rains soon. I also pray for the firefighters... many volunteer- that they are kept safe.

navscanmaster
04-11-2009, 09:31 PM
I have been following the fires on the news, and I wish you all the best up there. I hope that the thunderstorms blowing through drop a lot of rain. Even if they don't put out the fires, maybe they will help to contain them.