PDA

View Full Version : NFL rookie contracts

XtremeCouture
04-09-2009, 09:31 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuYAnE1tDToQceCQF_xwO6U5nYcB?slug=jc-rookiecontracts040909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
why is there ever guaranteed money? just make all contracts performance based so nobodies who have mvp seasons get paid for that season instead of giving them a long term deal for millions of dollars when they just suck every season after that.

GreenMonster
04-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Anyone remember Timmy Smith? Ran for 300 plus in the super Bowl one year for the Skins out of the blue as a back-up. Next year he got this huge contract and didn't run for 300 yards the rest of his career. That's what I thought of when I read that post.

PPSTATEBOUND
04-10-2009, 09:37 AM
I agree.....:)

Smith set a Super Bowl rushing record, gaining 204 yards and scoring two touchdowns in Super Bowl XXII.

Pick6
04-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Anyone remember Timmy Smith? Ran for 300 plus in the super Bowl one year for the Skins out of the blue as a back-up. Next year he got this huge contract and didn't run for 300 yards the rest of his career. That's what I thought of when I read that post.

He actually ran for more than 300 yards the year after the Super Bowl. He also wanted a big contract but Washington didn't give it to him.