PDA

View Full Version : Go Astros. X___X

carter08
04-09-2009, 11:58 AM
They finally have a good offensive showing last night, and they give up 11.

Moehler is the one starter in this rotation that I do not trust at all. He had a good spring training, but he has never shown that he can be a consistent starter.

I'm not a huge Russ Ortiz fan either, but I think he could be alright as the 5th starter.

I have some faith in Hampton. Just some.

But really? You can't score 8 runs and still lose the game. There is a huge problem there.

This is how I think the pitching staff should look:

Starters:

Roy Oswalt
Wandy Rodriguez
Mike Hampton
Chris Sampson
Russ Ortiz

With Moehler spot starting. If Backe ever comes back, he can take the 4 spot from Sampson, since Sampson is probably better used a reliever.

crzyjournalist03
04-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Given the choice between choosing the Rangers roatation and the Astros rotation, I think that this may be the first year in a long time when you could make an argument that the Rangers rotation is better.

sahen
04-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Moehler was horrible last year from the pen and Sampson was pretty bad as a starter...they swtiched and it worked...Moehler was pretty consistant last year til the end of the year when i think he tired....Actually, Moehler didnt really even pitch that bad yesterday, that was some of the worst luck i have seen a pitcher have in a long time, esp. the first inning.....

on a side note when is baseball gonna do something about all the broken bats, it seems like one of them breaks every other batter...i guess when a player gets impaled by a bat shard they will finally figure something out....