PDA

View Full Version : Ai

BuffyMars
04-08-2009, 03:52 PM
i gotta admit....

i never vote for this show mainly because i dont like the style of music these guys sing. i have never purchased any songs from any idol EVER.

however...this lambert guy.

i like him. and i have now voted 2x in this season. last night and his version of the ring of fire....he could put those on an album and i would buy the album just for those two songs.

i used to think he was goofy...and too muscial theater looking...but now that he is on the show....i am seeing what he is really about. and me likes.

kepdawg
04-08-2009, 03:53 PM
are you on drugs?

BuffyMars
04-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
are you on drugs?

why because i like originality in my choice of music?

kepdawg
04-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars

he's not original. david cook did the same bit.

BuffyMars
04-08-2009, 04:01 PM

wth... um. no. not the same.

the same look? yes i agree. definitely lame.

sound and music. so far away its ridiculous.

david cook= over-rated!

crzyjournalist03
04-08-2009, 04:02 PM

there's quite a formula for winning AI these days.

Be different just for the sake of being different; change up classic songs in the name of "making it your own"; rock out when you're expected to slow it down; slow it down when you're expected to rock it out.

That's the formula that at least half of the AI winners have all used.

kepdawg
04-08-2009, 04:04 PM
wth... um. no. not the same.

the same look? yes i agree. definitely lame.

sound and music. so far away its ridiculous.

david cook= over-rated!

cook was the first to have major success on the show totally rearranging songs

adam is doing the same exact thing

BuffyMars
04-08-2009, 04:07 PM
cook was the first to have major success on the show totally rearranging songs

adam is doing the same exact thing

bah. he didn't do it for me. his choices of song aren't as risky. now i admit mad world...technically already done. and actually both versions are awesome. but the fact remains the boy sang it in falsetto...not many guys can get away with that.

prince....michael....justin....you get the gist. it ain't the most manly thing to do i can tell you that.

WHS02
04-08-2009, 04:09 PM
WOW arguing over a bunch of ... on American Idol!!

edited for content ~ p4s

kepdawg
04-08-2009, 04:10 PM
bah. he didn't do it for me. his choices of song aren't as risky. now i admit mad world...technically already done. and actually both versions are awesome. but the fact remains the boy sang it in falsetto...not many guys can get away with that.

prince....michael....justin....you get the gist. it ain't the most manly thing to do i can tell you that.

they're not the same person

but they're approach to the show is almost dead on

injuredinmelee
04-08-2009, 04:14 PM
when I saw AI I automatically assumed artificial insemenation. Its def more fun to watch than those hacks ruining other peoples songs.

BreckTxLonghorn
04-08-2009, 04:52 PM

Originality?

Ring of Fire was a cover of a singer named Dilana; I believe Randy said on the show it was Jeff Beck's version as well.

Mad World was a cover of a newer band whose name escapes me, but their version was on Donnie Darko.

99.9% of all songs on idol, no matter how original they sound at the time, or simply covers of covers.

BuffyMars
04-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Originality?

Ring of Fire was a cover of a singer named Dilana; I believe Randy said on the show it was Jeff Beck's version as well.

Mad World was a cover of a newer band whose name escapes me, but their version was on Donnie Darko.

99.9% of all songs on idol, no matter how original they sound at the time, or simply covers of covers.

yes i remember dilana. she was awesome. so was jeff beck. and i have seen donnie darko.

point being...their choices still showcase who they will be as a future artist.

so far for me...i like lambert. i don't give a crap about the others....cept for that pink haired chick. her voice is awesome...and she is only 16. she will have a solid career with the right choice of style.

eagleqb_14
04-09-2009, 03:03 AM
i will never vote for a guy who ruined johnny cash

injuredinmelee
04-09-2009, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14

should be a hanging offense

BuffyMars
04-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
should be a hanging offense

:evillol:

bring it on.

johnny cash? overrated.

Txbroadcaster
04-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14

Johnny Cash himself was all about breaking thru the music boundaries and trying new things, he would respect anyone who took his songs and tried something different

BuffyMars
04-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Johnny Cash himself was all about breaking thru the music boundaries and trying new things, he would respect anyone who took his songs and tried something different

here is the thing with cash. songwriting? great! music? great! singing? TERRIBLE!

Ranger Mom
04-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Crystal, I agree with you!!

And ....... I think Adam Lambert is TONS more talented than David Cook....and I like David Cook!!!

BuffyMars
04-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Crystal, I agree with you!!

And ....... I think Adam Lambert is TONS more talented than David Cook....and I like David Cook!!!

neener neener neener to everyone else! we rule! :tongue:

Txbroadcaster
04-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Honestly

alot of people simply will not like Adam because of his look and his percieved sexuality

crzyjournalist03
04-09-2009, 11:48 AM
percieved sexuality

umm...there's nothing to perceive...he's quite open about it...

BuffyMars
04-09-2009, 11:53 AM
he is?

Ranger Mom
04-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Honestly

alot of people simply will not like Adam because of his look and his percieved sexuality

That's true!! Without the makeup, he is really kinda cute!! He prefers guys and he makes no bones about it.

crzyjournalist03
04-09-2009, 12:11 PM
he is?

http://www.inquisitr.com/18844/is-american-idols-adam-lambert-gay-is-there-really-any-question/

http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/adam-lambert-gay.jpg

http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/adam-lambert-making-out.jpg

garciap77
04-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
http://www.inquisitr.com/18844/is-american-idols-adam-lambert-gay-is-there-really-any-question/

http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/adam-lambert-gay.jpg

http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/adam-lambert-making-out.jpg

:dispntd::dispntd::dispntd:

Emerson1
04-09-2009, 12:19 PM
What? What? In the butt. I say what what? In the butt

BuffyMars
04-09-2009, 12:33 PM
ahhh....yes i see. oh well. he isn't the best lookin, but there is something interesting about him.

and who cares if hes gay anyway.

Ranger Mom
04-09-2009, 01:02 PM
ahhh....yes i see. oh well. he isn't the best lookin, but there is something interesting about him.

and who cares if hes gay anyway.

Gay/straight, boring/flamboyant.....you can't deny the fact that he can straight up sing!!!

Personally, I don't agree with the gay lifestyle...but, that it is his choice just as it is my choice whether I will buy his CD.

Chances are I won't.....the only Idol winner that I have ever paid money to listen to is Carrie Underwood.

BwdLions
04-09-2009, 01:07 PM
I wish I hadn't seen that. Crap I figured the guy was gay but I was holding out hope he wasn't. He's hands down the best singer on the show, but I wish I hadn't seen those pics. That's not good.

Ranger Mom
04-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
I wish I hadn't seen that. Crap I figured the guy was gay but I was holding out hope he wasn't. He's hands down the best singer on the show, but I wish I hadn't seen those pics. That's not good.

It will definitely be interesting to see if America will vote him in as their American Idol.

I love the show, but I never vote!

crzyjournalist03
04-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Gay/straight, boring/flamboyant.....you can't deny the fact that he can straight up sing!!!

Personally, I don't agree with the gay lifestyle...but, that it is his choice just as it is my choice whether I will buy his CD.

Chances are I won't.....the only Idol winner that I have ever paid money to listen to is Carrie Underwood.

agreed...I wasn't trying to make any kind of statement by posting those pics. I was merely trying to provide clarification for Buffy...and I know how she likes to see "interesting" photos...:devil: :nerd:

Emerson1
04-09-2009, 01:21 PM
It will definitely be interesting to see if America will vote him in as their American Idol.

I love the show, but I never vote!
America won't, but the gays would even if he wasn't any good. He sounds like Aretha Franklin

Ranger Mom
04-09-2009, 01:22 PM
agreed...I wasn't trying to make any kind of statement by posting those pics. I was merely trying to provide clarification for Buffy...and I know how she likes to see "interesting" photos...:devil: :nerd:

LOL!! That she does!!

Did you see the video where he talking about kissing some girl and stating, "while it's not my preference, it was alright"...or something to that effect!

crzyjournalist03
04-09-2009, 01:31 PM
LOL!! That she does!!

Did you see the video where he talking about kissing some girl and stating, "while it's not my preference, it was alright"...or something to that effect!

I've heard about it a couple of times...honestly, that was the first time I'd looked up any information on the subject and just posted the first couple of things that I found...I really don't care to pry into others' business, especially when I know I'll find things that I don't agree with.

BuffyMars
04-09-2009, 01:39 PM

lol.