PDA

View Full Version : Injured Manu Ginobili Only Flopping At 85%

Sweetwater Red
04-08-2009, 10:23 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/injured_manu_ginobili_only

SAN ANTONIO—Having returned Tuesday after missing 19 games with an ankle injury, Spurs guard Manu Ginobili expressed frustration with his level of play, saying that his ability to draw offensive fouls by flopping to the floor with little or no provocation was still only at "about 85 percent." "The ankle is healthy, but my flailing and splaying still aren't where they need to be," said Ginobili, who has begun to practice windmilling his arms and falling backward during shoot-arounds. "I'm used to throwing myself 10, sometimes 12 feet down court. At this point, I'm lucky if I'm getting 8 on a good flop. My wailing is good, but I need to be hitting the floor a lot harder than the guy hit me, if I was hit. I can't catch myself with my hands like I did in the second quarter tonight. That was bush league." Ginobili then flung himself out of the locker room, slid backward onto a bus, and tumbled wildly into his suburban home.

:D :devil:

pirate4state
04-08-2009, 10:26 AM
bahahahaha very nice Red! :2thumbsup

waterboy
04-08-2009, 10:28 AM
:spitlol: :spitlol: :evillol: :clap:

All I can say is he's good at what he does!:D

STANG RED
04-08-2009, 10:38 AM
:spitlol:
LOL, I happen to really like Ginobili, but I have to admit that was hilarious.

mustang04
04-08-2009, 02:16 PM
thats why i HATE the spurs sooooooo much....a bunch of big time floppers

SWMustang
04-08-2009, 02:23 PM
The Rockets - a real Man's team.

STANG RED
04-08-2009, 02:57 PM
I just heard a few minutes ago that Ginobili is now out for the rest of the season. Of course thats only 5 more games, but I dont know if they meant the playoffs also or not. TVs in the other room, so I'm just hearing bits and peices.

Maroon87
04-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
thats why i HATE the spurs sooooooo much....a bunch of big time floppers

They don't flop in the Finals, that's for damn sure.

kepdawg
04-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I just heard a few minutes ago that Ginobili is now out for the rest of the season. Of course thats only 5 more games, but I dont know if they meant the playoffs also or not. TVs in the other room, so I'm just hearing bits and peices.

He's done. Announced a couple of days ago.

Sweetwater Red
04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

Uh......2005......:thinking: :D

Maroon87
04-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Uh......2005......:thinking: :D

Hey, it's not their fault that the Pistons left Horry all by himself.:p

Sweetwater Red
04-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Hey, it's not their fault that the Pistons left Horry all by himself.

Here you go. I watched the first couple of minutes. It's taking
to long to load. I'm sure there is a flop in there somewhere.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Tv1mlM8fA

mustang04
04-08-2009, 04:16 PM

i really hope that was sarcasm...... NBA finals..Lebron and cavs vs. floppin spurs...YEAH:doh:

Maroon87
04-08-2009, 04:22 PM
i really hope that was sarcasm...... NBA finals..Lebron and cavs vs. floppin spurs...YEAH:doh:

It wasn't sarcasm. They're 4 for 4 in the Finals. And they swept Lebron and the Cavs, so I don't think "flopping" had much to do with it. The Spurs were clearly the better team

But I don't really care to debate it with you. Say what you will...

mustang04
04-08-2009, 04:26 PM
It wasn't sarcasm. They're 4 for 4 in the Finals. And they swept Lebron and the Cavs, so I don't think "flopping" had much to do with it. The Spurs were clearly the better team

But I don't really care to debate it with you. Say what you will...

well yeah they beat them and I know that it really didnt have much impact on the turnout, i mean, you had an experienced squad against 22 year old Lebron and rookie Daniel gibson and Varejo (sp?) wasnt that great at the time, etc....Im just saying it gets very annoying to watch

Bull Butter
04-08-2009, 04:56 PM
well yeah they beat them and I know that it really didnt have much impact on the turnout, i mean, you had an experienced squad against 22 year old Lebron and rookie Daniel gibson and Varejo (sp?) wasnt that great at the time, etc....Im just saying it gets very annoying to watch

Not if you're a Spurs fan. I never get tired of watching them win championships.

I don't know who your team is and I don't really care, but if it was your favorite team winning titles, you wouldn't care how they did it either.

mustang04
04-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Not if you're a Spurs fan. I never get tired of watching them win championships.

I don't know who your team is and I don't really care, but if it was your favorite team winning titles, you wouldn't care how they did it either.

maybe thats the reason why the Spurs will never be my favorite team....

and yeah I would care.....I wouldn't ever like a team that flopped constantly, but I guess your right, Titles are EVERYTHING, huh? no matter how they are won:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

crzyjournalist03
04-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter

:stirpot:

Isn't this in direct opposition to Cowboys haters who say that they won't support the team anymore due to the players that it signs?