PDA

View Full Version : District 31AAA Baseball and Softball Standings as of 4-8-09!

Phil C
04-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Baseball has reached the halfway point of the district season and Sinton is in first place at 7 - 0 but unfortunately right now I don't have all the results for last night. Robstown is 6 - 1 in district and Falfurrias is 5-2 in district. Math is is 3 - 4 in district and Ingleside is 2 - 5. Unfortunately I don't know the records for West Oso, Orange Grove or Aransas Pass.

Softball has 5 games left and the standings are:

1. Sinton at 8 - 1
2-5 tie at 6 - 3 between Robstown, Falfurrias, Aransas Pass and Ingleside
6. Mathis 4 - 4
7. Orange Grove 2 - 7
8. West Oso 0 - 9

44INAROW
04-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Guess there's no fear for the Howling Bear in baseball :p

Phil C
04-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Guess there's no fear for the Howling Bear in baseball :p

They are capable of pulling the upset. They gave Sinton a tough battle last night as did the softball team a few weeks ago that we were fortunate to win 4 to 2. I don't say "Beware of the Howling Bear!" for nothing.

Phil C
04-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Also the Howling Bear won the boys' district golf championship yesterday in 31AAA. I don't know which girls' team won.

Phil C
04-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Tomorrow night (Thursday) I think we have the following games that start at 7 P.M. and this is for softball even though baseball will probably be the same.

Sinton at Orange Grove
Mathis at Aransas Pass
Robstown at West Oso
Falfurrias at Ingleside (This is a big showdown as both teams are at 6 - 3 in District)

Phil C
04-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Tomorrow night (Thursday) I think we have the following games that start at 7 P.M. and this is for softball even though baseball will probably be the same.

Sinton at Orange Grove
Mathis at Aransas Pass
Robstown at West Oso
Falfurrias at Ingleside (This is a big showdown as both teams are at 6 - 3 in District)

In addition the rest of the softball (and baseball) for the district is as follows but I am not sure who the home team is in some cases:

April 14

Aransas Pass at Sinton
Ingleside at Mathis
West Oso at Falfurrias
Orange Grove at Robstown

April 17

Sinton at Mathis
INgleside vs West Oso
Falfurrias at Orange Grove
Robstown at Aransas Pass

April 21

Sinton at Robstown
Ingleside vs Orange Grove
Mathis at West Oso
Aransas Pass vs Falfurrias

April 24

Falfurrias at Sinton
Orange Grove at West Oso
Robstown at Mathis
Aransas Pass at Ingleside

Please double check the local paper to make sure I have it right. Feel free to post corrections where I am wrong.

In addition there will be two more district baseball games as follows:

April 28

Sinton at Ingleside
Aransas Pass at West Oso
Falfurrias vs Robstown
Mathis vs Orange Grove

May 1

Sinton at West Oso
Orange Grove at Aransas Pass
Falfurrias at Mathis
Robstown at Ingleside

OnceABucJr
04-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Fal at Ingleside at 1pm Friday!!!!!!!!!!

Phil C
04-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
Fal at Ingleside at 1pm Friday!!!!!!!!!!

:) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Phil C
04-10-2009, 09:16 PM
The standings of District 31AAA softball going into next week are now as follows (with a correction on Mathis standings which was incorrect):

1. Sinton at 9 - 1
2-4 tie at 7 - 3 each Ingleside, Aransas Pass and Robstown
5. Falfurrias at 6 - 4
6. Mathis at 2 - 8
7. Orange Grove at 2-8
8 West Oso at 0 - 10

All games are big of course but the biggest showdown on Tuesday will be Aransas Pass at Sinton at 7 P.M.

Phil C
04-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Also don't forget the Teenage Terminator is coming to Sinton on Tuesday!

Phil C
04-13-2009, 08:46 AM
The big game tomorrow night (Tuesday April 14, 2009) will be Aransas Pass at Sinton.
In the other game Ingleside should beat Mathis, Robstown should beat Orange Grove and Falfurrias should beat West Oso. I use should loosely because any of the those teams are capable of playing well and pulling off a major upset.

The game with Aransas Pass has me worried. I know we beat them bad earlier but that may have been a setup for tomorrow night. They will be mad about the loss and be fired up. Plus the Teenage Terminator will be there and she will also be mad about the Teenage Terminator series possibly being cancelled. That increases the risk.