pirate4state
04-07-2009, 03:55 PM
#1 - thanks for posting

#2 - LOL @ some of the rankings ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
04-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
#1 - thanks for posting

#2 - LOL @ some of the rankings ;) #3 WHEN is Sinton going to get noticed! :)

pirate4state
04-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
#3 WHEN is Sinton going to get noticed! :)

not til the post season and that's OKAY

kepdawg
04-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
#3 WHEN is Sinton going to get noticed! :)

They are noticed on the TGCA website.

87 TIGER
04-07-2009, 04:52 PM
#1 - thanks for posting

#2 - LOL @ some of the rankings ;) Which teams are you referring to? I find Gatesville to be a little overrated.

pirate4state
04-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Which teams are you referring to? I find Gatesville to be a little overrated. I'm very surprised to see Yoakum ranked above Needville, La Grange, Bellville & Giddings. I know they have the Carmichael girls back, but their district is pretty weak.

I haven't been paying attention to district standings, but did Sweeny beat Needville?! :eek: :thinking:

Oh well...

87 TIGER
04-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Don't know about Bellville and Giddings but I have seen LaGrange and they deserve the top 10. But I think Giddings beat LaGrange

kepdawg
04-07-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm very surprised to see Yoakum ranked above Needville, La Grange, Bellville & Giddings. I know they have the Carmichael girls back, but their district is pretty weak.

I haven't been paying attention to district standings, but did Sweeny beat Needville?! :eek: :thinking:

Oh well...

Yes, Sweeny beat Needville 1-0.

zebrablue2
04-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Don't know about Bellville and Giddings but I have seen LaGrange and they deserve the top 10. But I think Giddings beat LaGrange

giddings did beat la grange. bellville beat giddings, and bellville took la grange to extra innings last night, after being 10 run ruled the first time. strange game. I would say just get hot at the right time, which is when the playoffs start, about april 25th.. these rankings are just a gauge and mean nothing..

NastySlot
04-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Which teams are you referring to? I find Gatesville to be a little overrated.

not trying to start anything...just a serious question have you seen gatesville play?....i have only read about them...they looked to have a good record v. some good teams....just wondering...i follow a team in their region. if you have seen them play drop me a pm if possible.....thanks

bulldogs_1975
04-08-2009, 09:47 AM
I can tell you why Sinton has not gotten recognized maybe because:

A: They have not played anyone this year
B: They have not played anyone this year

I cover softball pretty extensively and I am hear to tell you right now that Yoakum is better than they have been. They are crushing the ball and it does not matter if it is fast, slow, drop, rise or what offensively they are very very solid. Defensively, yes they have the carmichaels but there defense is solid behind her. Yoakum has beaten some good teams this year in San Antonio Steele, they beat Columbus, Giddings, St. Josephs. They lost to Dickinson and Friendswood by a run. They have been in everygame this year. Rankings do not matter anyway it is how you are playing once you go into the playoffs we will see let the bats do the talking. Mark it down Yoakum will go far this year trust me.

icu812
04-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Van 21 Kemp 0

Lady Vandals are 23-0

pirate4state
04-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by bulldogs_1975
I can tell you why Sinton has not gotten recognized maybe because:

A: They have not played anyone this year
B: They have not played anyone this year

I cover softball pretty extensively and I am hear to tell you right now that Yoakum is better than they have been. They are crushing the ball and it does not matter if it is fast, slow, drop, rise or what offensively they are very very solid. Defensively, yes they have the carmichaels but there defense is solid behind her. Yoakum has beaten some good teams this year in San Antonio Steele, they beat Columbus, Giddings, St. Josephs. They lost to Dickinson and Friendswood by a run. They have been in everygame this year. Rankings do not matter anyway it is how you are playing once you go into the playoffs we will see let the bats do the talking. Mark it down Yoakum will go far this year trust me.

LOL okay.

I never said Yoakum was bad. I know they are good, but the fact remains, you are in a weak district. We aren't exactly in a power house district either, so I think we're even, in that respect.

I've seen yall play every year, the past 3-4 years in the post season so I know what yall bring to the table. I can still be surprised at one man's opinion of yall.

I'm not at all surprised that Sinton isn't mentioned in the rankings. Anyone who really follows softball closely knows we would be in somewhat of a rebuilding mode.

Man, this "you haven't played anyone" mantra has carried over from football. :doh:

PutMeInCoach
04-08-2009, 10:39 AM
It's hard to put a poll together. They are a fun thing to discuss, but in all reality does it really matter? All that matter is who wins the last game of the season.

bulldogs_1975
04-08-2009, 11:17 AM
I know and I apologize for that just tired of hearing that districts are not strong. If you are a good team you can not help what district you are in. I totally agree that Sinton and some other schools that way do not get enough attention. I am not knocking Sinton just get a little worked up when I have seen some good talent come through Yoakum on the baseball side and now we have some on the softball side and they deserve the recognition. I do agree with what you said though it is one mans opinion and it really does not matter now it matters how you play in the playoffs. Again sorry for firing back

pirate4state
04-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by bulldogs_1975
I know and I apologize for that just tired of hearing that districts are not strong. If you are a good team you can not help what district you are in. I totally agree that Sinton and some other schools that way do not get enough attention. I am not knocking Sinton just get a little worked up when I have seen some good talent come through Yoakum on the baseball side and now we have some on the softball side and they deserve the recognition. I do agree with what you said though it is one mans opinion and it really does not matter now it matters how you play in the playoffs. Again sorry for firing back As far as I'm concerned your girls have been doing better than your boys the past few years. I'm still scratching my head over how yall lost to Medina Valley a few years ago!

bulldogs_1975
04-08-2009, 11:44 AM
I know what you mean I think some of the girls are still trying to figure that out as well. I know they better be ready to go because Region 4 is tough this year especially the way they have to go the first 2 or 3 rounds. It is going to be probably one of the toughest roads they have had to face. I know who ever gets to the Regional Finals from the top part of the bracket should probably get to state.