PDA

View Full Version : Missouri DE Stryker Sulak forces fumbles

kepdawg
04-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Missouri DE Stryker Sulak forces fumbles
3:00 PM Tue, Apr 07, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Rick Gosselin E-mail News tips

The forced fumble is a difference-making play in a football game. No one in the 2009 draft forces fumbles like Missouri defensive end Stryker Sulak -- and no NFL team knows Sulak like the Cleveland Browns.

Missouri defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus created the defensive monster that is Sulak -- and he has been hired this offseason as the linebacker coach of the Browns.

Sulak (6-4 1/2, 251) forced six fumbles in 2008 and 14 in his career.

"Matt preached it every day," Sulak said. "It was hammered into us -- get the ball, get the ball. Every time I got around the edge that was my first thought. The quarterback is sitting back there -- where's the ball? Does he have it up? Down? Where is it and can I get it?

"You try for the sack with one hand and you try to bring the other hand down as hard as you can. He's not in the best position and not holding the ball as tight as he can. So you try to can-opener it out, get the ball out and try to get your offense on the field. If you get the ball out, it's a sack and forced fumble. That looks really good on paper."

If I had to guess which NFL team was going to draft Sulak, who finished second in school history with 22 1/2 career sacks, I'd guess the Browns.

LINK (http://nflblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/04/missouri-de-stryker-sulak-forc.html)

87 TIGER
04-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Stryker has been around town alot since the Alamo bowl, He and Quan Cosby were in town about 2 weeks ago.Wish the best for him, he deserves it

Dogman_1969
04-07-2009, 05:51 PM
He was also at Germaine Dawson's funeral last Friday. He and Germaine played together in school.

Electus Unus
04-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
He was also at Germaine Dawson's funeral last Friday. He and Germaine played together in school. Was a Paul Bearer....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-07-2009, 08:31 PM
I saw him on Friday. He looks like he's been bulking up.