Scheduled for 2:30 this afternoon.

Sweetwater Red
04-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Gone

BreckTxLonghorn
04-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Gone

Agree, but won't surprise me if he stays. Read a great article on espn.com a few weeks back about how close and protective his family is; there's been no agents in his ear.

My opinion: with him being projected as a no.1 pick (top 3 at WORST), he needs to go now and take his max contract before the collecting bargaining agreement ends in a few years and he gets a lockout. The more years you can get under your belt at this time, the better. Because when the new CBA comes out, there will be MAJOR salary cap restrictions in comparison to how it is now. The days of seeing Eric Dampier making 11mil a year are over.

eagles_victory
04-07-2009, 02:22 PM
He has to go it is really the only decision to make when you are a for sure top 3 pick and most likely number 1. His stock isnt going to get any higher than it is right now.

waterboy
04-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Gone
^^^^^
x2

I agree. He's as good as gone.

cshscougar08
04-07-2009, 02:36 PM
He is gone. Official.

cshscougar08
04-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
He has to go it is really the only decision to make when you are a for sure top 3 pick and most likely number 1. His stock isnt going to get any higher than it is right now.

Exactly. So why not wait? I'm not a huge fan of the "leaving when your stock is high" card. If you're good, your stock will always be good. Doesn't matter when you leave.

Pick6
04-07-2009, 02:37 PM
He just needs to look at Hansbrough to get his answer. Last year Hansbrough would of been a lottery pick coming off his 3rd player of the year award. This year Hansbrough is projected as a 2nd rounder by some.

eagles_victory
04-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Exactly. So why not wait? I'm not a huge fan of the "leaving when your stock is high" card. If you're good, your stock will always be good. Doesn't matter when you leave. ask Matt Leinart about that

BreckTxLonghorn
04-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Exactly. So why not wait? I'm not a huge fan of the "leaving when your stock is high" card. If you're good, your stock will always be good. Doesn't matter when you leave.

What if during that last year you land wrong and obliterate your acl/mcl? Whether or not you come back 100%, teams are now hesitant. Stock goes down.

What if a new fabulous freshman comes in at another school and dominates? If teams look at 2 players whose numbers are similar, winning results are similar, what do they look at? Age.

Draft stock is relative year by year. Always good doesn't mean always high.

cshscougar08
04-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
He just needs to look at Hansbrough to get his answer. Last year Hansbrough would of been a lottery pick coming off his 3rd player of the year award. This year Hansbrough is projected as a 2nd rounder by some.

Hansbrough was never good enough to be a lottery pick. If Blake was being predicted as a lottery pick LAST year, no way Hansbrough would have.

eagles_victory
04-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Hansbrough was never good enough to be a lottery pick. If Blake was being predicted as a lottery pick LAST year, no way Hansbrough would have. Hansbroughs stock did take a big hit this year according to most draft experts.

BreckTxLonghorn
04-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Hansbroughs stock did take a big hit this year according to most draft experts.

Yeah, we're not talking lotto pick to off the board extreme, but in most people's eyes he went from player of the year to 2nd best player on his team. His stock quality may be the same (skills didn't deteriorate), but rank in comparison to others may have dropped.

crzyjournalist03
04-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Tyler Hansbrough to the Mavs!!!

cshscougar08
04-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
What if during that last year you land wrong and obliterate your acl/mcl? Whether or not you come back 100%, teams are now hesitant. Stock goes down.

What if a new fabulous freshman comes in at another school and dominates? If teams look at 2 players whose numbers are similar, winning results are similar, what do they look at? Age.

Draft stock is relative year by year. Always good doesn't mean always high.

I guess my problem with that is they skill doesn't go away. But people think it does due to other circumstances and stuff. That just doesn't make sense to me.

BreckTxLonghorn
04-07-2009, 03:09 PM
I guess my problem with that is they skill doesn't go away. But people think it does due to other circumstances and stuff. That just doesn't make sense to me.

If you blow out your knee, your 'jumping' skill can definitely go away. So can your aggressiveness, speed, or reflex (cut skills etc).

Want another example? Look at TJ Ford - national player of the year and took the 'Horns to the FF. Small debate on whether he'd go out, probably a top 5 pick or higher if he did. Then he fell and hurt his back. He dropped at least 3 picks, from a top 5 to 8. He never again has that 'jump' either.

bandera7
04-07-2009, 03:10 PM
I would love for the Spurs to take Hansbrough. He fits perfectly for us. Very Duncan-ish.

kepdawg
04-07-2009, 03:10 PM

But someone more skilled may come along.