04-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
neither will make playoffs so it doesn't really matter

:clap:

wildstangs
04-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I'd take that over winning just 65 games like the ASStros will likely do

No Rangers fans have the right to dog the Astros....And I am a Rangers fan myself.

Keith7
04-06-2009, 10:57 PM
neither will make playoffs so it doesn't really matter

Rangers have as good a chance as anybody. They are built similar to the Phillies of last year, they just need a pitcher to step up.

Electus Unus
04-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Rangers have as good a chance as anybody. They are built similar to the Phillies of last year, they just need a pitcher to step up. their roster is no where near as good as phillies.

Keith7
04-06-2009, 11:05 PM
no it is better

Electus Unus
04-06-2009, 11:08 PM
no it is better http://billdunlap.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/facepalm.jpg

Keith7
04-06-2009, 11:21 PM
http://billdunlap.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/facepalm.jpg

Think about it..
Ryan Howard or Chris Davis?

I'd take Davis, less strike outs.. plenty of power..

Utley or Kinsler?
I'd take Kinsler, younger, faster, more versitile in lineup

Andrus or Rollins?
I'd take Rollins at this point, but Andrus has just as good speed, just needs to develop a power stroke to ever compare to Rollins

Young or Pedro Feliz?
Is this really a question?

Salty or Carlos Ruiz?
Again, seriously?

Ibanez or Byrd/Murphy?
I guess I would take Ibanez but I like Byrd and Murphy a lot..

Hamilton or Victorino?
Hamilton but Victorino is a good player in his own right

Cruz or Jason Werth?
Cruz has a high ceiling but needs to prove him self.. I would still take my chances with Cruz..

As for pitching, Hamels himself put the Phillies on top in the category but I hope Derek Holland will be our Hamels soon..

As you can see the Rangers kick the Phillies' but from top to bottom..

DDBooger
04-06-2009, 11:30 PM
you could throw the yankee's lineup up there including all the great pitching they bought and it wouldn't mean a hill of beans. Best TEAM wins it, Rangers are hardly that! Having promise is one thing, Phillies have the hardware, so in comparison, I guess they're overachievers? :thinking:

kepdawg
04-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Think about it..

Utley or Kinsler?
I'd take Kinsler, younger, faster, more versitile in lineup

Andrus or Rollins?
I'd take Rollins at this point, but Andrus has just as good speed, just needs to develop a power stroke to ever compare to Rollins

Young or Pedro Feliz?
Is this really a question?

Salty or Carlos Ruiz?
Again, seriously?

Ibanez or Byrd/Murphy?
I guess I would take Ibanez but I like Byrd and Murphy a lot..

Hamilton or Victorino?
Hamilton but Victorino is a good player in his own right

Cruz or Jason Werth?
Cruz has a high ceiling but needs to prove him self.. I would still take my chances with Cruz..

As for pitching, Hamels himself put the Phillies on top in the category but I hope Derek Holland will be our Hamels soon..

As you can see the Rangers kick the Phillies' but from top to bottom..

:eek: :doh:

Keith7
04-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
:eek: :doh:

hater

kepdawg
04-06-2009, 11:35 PM
hater

Haha! I'm a Rangers fan, but a couple of your picks are nuts!

Keith7
04-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Haha! I'm a Rangers fan, but a couple of your picks are nuts!

people1 let me drink my rangers kool aid in peace!

Electus Unus
04-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Think about it..

Howard accounted for 48 HR to Davis' 17. Howard had 81 walks to Davis' 20. Howard had 146 RBI's to Davis' 55. I don't know how many other people would take Davis over Howard so that makes you a unique person so congratulations on that.

Keith7
04-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Howard accounted for 48 HR to Davis' 17. Howard had 81 walks to Davis' 20. Howard had 146 RBI's to Davis' 55. I don't know how many other people would take Davis over Howard so that makes you a unique person so congratulations on that.

You are leaving out that Davis played half a season and had a batting average .50 points higher than Howard too.. oh and he is 6 years younger and a rookie..

pirate4state
04-07-2009, 12:30 AM
people1 let me drink my rangers kool aid in peace! but that wouldn't be any fun

duckhunter
04-07-2009, 07:23 AM
lol the "stros" suck.. Rangers will easily win the boot this year i didnt know winning the "boot" automatically put you in the playoffs???? :rolleyes: i guess the rangers play the whole season just for the sole purpose of beating the astros in the head-to-head series????? must be sad playing so many games knowing that none of them matter????? you think they wouldnt schedule so many for the rangers?

OldBison75
04-07-2009, 07:27 AM
The Rangers won the opening day game and have already started drawing comparisons to the Champions from last year? I have watched and followed the Rangers for more years than I care to admit to, and I will be shocked if they finish with more than 85 wins for the year. They don't have the pitching to be a consistent winner yet.

As for the Stros, they have a better shot because the National League is weaker overall. But, I don't think they will be any better than a .500 team either.

I do believe that the Rangers can be good in a couple of years if they keep developing talent and quit trying to buy lightening in a bottle. The farm system has some great prospects, but the Rangers have always found a way to trade away the future for what they hope is immediate success. And, we all know that that has been a failure.

As for the boot, it will be a toss-up with the team that happens to be on a short streak at the time taking the trophy. My guess is the Rangers if the Stros pitching staff dosen't remain healthy all year.

c-town_balla
04-07-2009, 08:16 AM
right now the greatest of things is occurring

Rangers: on pace for 162-0
Astros: on pace for 0-162

There is never a situation that could be grander in the world of baseball.

Bearkat
04-07-2009, 08:49 AM
I love this time of year. The RANGERS win the home opener and the astros lose to the Cubs. Keith7 is on a roll as usual and an astros thread was hijacked by RANGERS fans. Gotta love baseball season!!!

SWMustang
04-07-2009, 08:53 AM
we'll let Ranger fans have their fun. I don't think there will be much to cheer about this year for them, so why not? If it gives them a little joy...

sahen
04-07-2009, 09:08 AM
well its april again...the Rangers fans are once again crowing about how awesome they will be while the Astros fans are disappointed with a loss...seems this way every year, of course come june/july it normally reverses....

themsu97
04-07-2009, 09:13 AM
I hope the Rangers do perform well this year...
they have been long overdue to be a .500 team...

with the Mariners as bad as they are they will not come in last...
it is also good that people are predicting them to be a team on the rise...

they still will not overcome the Angels so they will not make the playoffs...

the Astros are what they are, an over the hill team with no farm system thanks to Hunsinger who mortgaged the future since Daryle Ward was a can't miss prospect...

and it is about time that Rangers have something more to make their season worthwhile other than winning th Silver boot...

as for Keith7... that is some great koolaid if you even think for a minute that the Rangers are better than the Phillies...

c-town_balla
04-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by sahen
well its april again...the Rangers fans are once again crowing about how awesome they will be while the Astros fans are disappointed with a loss...seems this way every year, of course come june/july it normally reverses....

I can't recall any April where Rangers fans could be upbeat....they generally are awful in April.

SWMustang
04-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
I can't recall any April where Rangers fans could be upbeat....they generally are awful in April.

true, but the realization that your lone morsel of greatness will be the coveted silver boot doesn't set in until late May.

sahen
04-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
are you kidding me? you need to pay more attention to the posts on here in april, whether the rangers win or not til about mid-may/june every year we hear about how good their year is gonna go....im obviously an astros fan, but i would love to see the rangers do well too; however, the rangers you would expect by listening to these guys every preseason/early season never comes to be....

eagles_victory
04-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by sahen
well its april again...the Rangers fans are once again crowing about how awesome they will be while the Astros fans are disappointed with a loss...seems this way every year, of course come june/july it normally reverses.... Fans just excited about their team nothing wrong with that. Keith 7 did take it a little far lol but neither team exactly has been setting the world on fire as of late.