PDA

View Full Version : UT has toughest football schedule in 2009!

Phil C
04-06-2009, 02:53 PM
And some of us thought 2008 was rough but this one is tougher with several of the big games away.

9-5 Louisiana-Monroe in Austin. This is scary indeed. Remember they ended strong last year beating Troy 31 - 30 and Troy has won several NAIA championships in the past. Also they barely lost to SEC powerhouse Arkansas 31 to 30. Most scary indeed!

9-12 Wyoming at Wyoming. Good grief. Don't they know we struggled to beat Wyoming in AUSTIN in 1978. Also last year they beat Tennessee 13-7 and San Diego State 35-10. Remember Tennessee was National Champions in 1998 and San Diego State only lost by 8 points to USC in 2005. The mountains are tough. Good Grief!

9-19 Texas Tech in Austin. TT will be tough. They may have lost their top receiver and their QB but the rest of the team will be tough. And when has Coach Leach failed to have a top QB and receivers. Good thing this game is in Austin but the early date does set up a risk that TT can spring a surprise with a new great QB and WR. This makes one want to dunk his hat in the creek.

9-26 UTEP in Austin. Thank goodness this one is in Austin. It will be tough. Don't forget that they beat SMU and Central Florida last year. We must be careful.

10-10 Colorado in Austin. Colorado will be back in tough form so we must be careful. Scary indeed.

10-17 Oklahoma in Dallas. Oklahoma's good NFL prospects came back and possible gave up Millions to play one more year and they are mad at losing last year to UT especially after the embarassing loss to Florida. Whew!

10-24 Missouri in Missouri. This will be tough. Remember Missouri was runner up Big 12 Champions last year.

10-31 Oklahoma State there. This is scary. Remember we barely held on to win last year and this year with the game over there is indeed scary. Pardon me while I get reservations for a hiking trip in Iraq.

11-9 Central Florida in Austin. The last time we played them we barely hung on to win 35-32. Enough said. Scary indeed.

11-14 Baylor there. This is very scary because Baylor has a dynamic coach with a great QB. This one is most scary.

11-21 Kansas in Austin. We beat them bad in Kansas last year and I can think of nothing that will give them a more terrible resolve. This is one time I wish I could get a reservation to Mars to hide out.

11-26 Texas A&M there. The Aggies are always tough at home and this one is most scary. Remember they are mad about losing by 40 to us last year and will be fired up as usual. Plus we have to remember that our own BBDE is playing for the Aggies. That increases the risk.

That is just the regular season. Talk about wanting to have lunch sitting on the edge of the Empire State Building at the top. Rough times indeed. :(

SWMustang
04-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Is the Oklahoma game on 10/17?

Phil C
04-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Is the Oklahoma game on 10/17?

Right you are SWM and I corrected my post. Thank you for the correction!

Sweetwater Red
04-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Phil I know this is you being you. But I see three games that I
don't think the Longhorns starters will even see the field in the
second half.:thinking:

1. LA-Monroe
2. Wyoming
3. Central Florida

SWMustang
04-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

1. LA-Monroe
2. Wyoming
3. Central Florida

Really? I don't know if you remember this Sweetwater Red, but LA - Monroe was on the verge of an undefeated season in 1912 before a cholera epidemic sidelined many of the starters. A little known tailback stepped in and almost helped pull off the upset with 185 rushing yards in a 6-3 loss. His name? Charlie Chaplin. Now you know the rest of the story. :)

Sweetwater Red
04-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Really? I don't know if you remember this Sweetwater Red, but LA - Monroe was on the verge of an undefeated season in 1912 before a cholera epidemic sidelined many of the starters. A little known tailback stepped in and almost helped pull off the upset with 185 rushing yards in a 6-3 loss. His name? Charlie Chaplin. Now you know the rest of the story. :)

:clap:

BuckeyeNut
04-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Horns are week to week can't really give them a easy win ever. They will make you look like a fool.

mwynn05
04-06-2009, 03:57 PM
there is a downlower on texas too

Phil C
04-06-2009, 04:16 PM

Who was the team they almost upset?

WildTexan972
04-06-2009, 04:44 PM
in true UT fibbing fashion.....

UT has the toughest schedule in the nation for 2009*

by UT standards you can claim ANYTHING as long as you put an * after it.....

Pick6
04-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972

If your talking about the * they just put up, what isn't true about it? The * says they beat both teams that played in the Big 12 Championship game. Where's the fibbing in that?

Phil C
04-06-2009, 04:52 PM

What did you say*?

Phil C
04-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Horns are week to week can't really give them a easy win ever. They will make you look like a fool.

Holy Lord! Did you hear who just pledged to play basketball with Central Florida? It was Marcus Jordan - the son of the great NBA player Michael. That just goes to show the quality of athletes that Central Florida gets! That is going to be one tough game for UT and right now I think I may be the only one who sees it coming. Most scary! :(

Astro2
04-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
If your talking about the * they just put up, what isn't true about it? The * says they beat both teams that played in the Big 12 Championship game. Where's the fibbing in that?

Ummmm because they are trying to claim the Big 12 Championship from 2008.... they didn;t even play in the title game.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Texas-Longhorns-Claim-2008-Big-XII-Championship-Blog-21818

Maroon87
04-07-2009, 03:00 PM

Must really suck to live life without a sense of humor...:thinking:

SWMustang
04-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Who was the team they almost upset?

The vaunted Mimes Institute of Chicago - Silent Assassins.

Pick6
04-07-2009, 03:20 PM

bobcat4life
04-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

1. LA-Monroe
2. Wyoming
3. Central Florida

Im sorry, but any schedule with those 3 schools and UTEP shouldn't even be top 10 or 15. And the toughest road game is a Mizzou team losing Chase Daniel, who was a top 5 quarterback the last 2 years. I dont see a tough schedule when I look at that, I see an easy schedule with Oklahoma stuck in the middle.

kepdawg
04-07-2009, 05:56 PM
:fnypost:

WTF-82
04-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
And some of us thought 2008 was rough but this one is tougher with several of the big games away.

9-5 Louisiana-Monroe in Austin. This is scary indeed. Remember they ended strong last year beating Troy 31 - 30 and Troy has won several NAIA championships in the past. Also they barely lost to SEC powerhouse Arkansas 31 to 30. Most scary indeed!

9-12 Wyoming at Wyoming. Good grief. Don't they know we struggled to beat Wyoming in AUSTIN in 1978. Also last year they beat Tennessee 13-7 and San Diego State 35-10. Remember Tennessee was National Champions in 1998 and San Diego State only lost by 8 points to USC in 2005. The mountains are tough. Good Grief!

9-19 Texas Tech in Austin. TT will be tough. They may have lost their top receiver and their QB but the rest of the team will be tough. And when has Coach Leach failed to have a top QB and receivers. Good thing this game is in Austin but the early date does set up a risk that TT can spring a surprise with a new great QB and WR. This makes one want to dunk his hat in the creek.

9-26 UTEP in Austin. Thank goodness this one is in Austin. It will be tough. Don't forget that they beat SMU and Central Florida last year. We must be careful.

10-10 Colorado in Austin. Colorado will be back in tough form so we must be careful. Scary indeed.

10-17 Oklahoma in Dallas. Oklahoma's good NFL prospects came back and possible gave up Millions to play one more year and they are mad at losing last year to UT especially after the embarassing loss to Florida. Whew!

10-24 Missouri in Missouri. This will be tough. Remember Missouri was runner up Big 12 Champions last year.

10-31 Oklahoma State there. This is scary. Remember we barely held on to win last year and this year with the game over there is indeed scary. Pardon me while I get reservations for a hiking trip in Iraq.

11-9 Central Florida in Austin. The last time we played them we barely hung on to win 35-32. Enough said. Scary indeed.

11-14 Baylor there. This is very scary because Baylor has a dynamic coach with a great QB. This one is most scary.

11-21 Kansas in Austin. We beat them bad in Kansas last year and I can think of nothing that will give them a more terrible resolve. This is one time I wish I could get a reservation to Mars to hide out.

11-26 Texas A&M there. The Aggies are always tough at home and this one is most scary. Remember they are mad about losing by 40 to us last year and will be fired up as usual. Plus we have to remember that our own BBDE is playing for the Aggies. That increases the risk.

That is just the regular season. Talk about wanting to have lunch sitting on the edge of the Empire State Building at the top. Rough times indeed. :(

Well this looks like a weak non conferense schedule to me if they lose 1 game in reg season could keep them out of the title game again you have to play some teams. OU will good again as will Ok-State, Missouri is a tough one on the road. TTech will be scrapy other than that they will have no problems with the rest of the Big 12.