View Full Version : Texas Legislature talking about dumb law

RanchRadio
04-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Raising Tobacco age to 19....DUMB

http://www.star-telegram.com/legislature/story/1291038.html

Ranger Mom
04-06-2009, 11:16 AM
I had to laugh at this quote in the article:

Supporters say raising the legal age would prevent teens from smoking an extra year and keep cigarettes out of high schools, where they can be passed along to younger students.

If they are gonna smoke, they are gonna smoke....it doesn't matter what the age is.

Do they really think that people right now wait until they are 18 before they smoke their first cigarette because it wasn't legal???

RanchRadio
04-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Exactly. I don't understand how you can go to war, but can't buy cigarettes at 18....

pirate4state
04-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I had to laugh at this quote in the article:

Supporters say raising the legal age would prevent teens from smoking an extra year and keep cigarettes out of high schools, where they can be passed along to younger students.

If they are gonna smoke, they are gonna smoke....it doesn't matter what the age is.

Do they really think that people right now wait until they are 18 before they smoke their first cigarette because it wasn't legal???

nineTEEN .... LOL

more proof that people spend their time on just stupid crap & bigger issues are being ignored

sinton66
04-07-2009, 05:19 AM
"It's for the CHILDREN".:rolleyes:

SWMustang
04-07-2009, 09:05 AM
When 18-21 year olds start voting and demanding their rights be returned this type of BS will stop. It's almost criminal that the drinking age is 21 but we send 18 year olds to war. I championed this cause when I was in that demo but I was largely working without the support of my peers.

crzyjournalist03
04-07-2009, 01:08 PM
I support creating a better world for our children to live in, but not our children's children, because I don't think that children should be having sex.