PDA

View Full Version : Burnet/Wharton Location???

BurnetBandRules
11-16-2003, 02:39 AM
I think it is crazy that this is game is going to be all the way in Victoria! Just out of curiosity...how far away is Wharton from Victoria?

<small>[ November 16, 2003, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: BurnetBandRules ]</small>

the tigers are back
11-16-2003, 07:50 AM
Wharton has about an hour drive to the stadium and it seems that wharton knows the field very much.They only have to travel maybe 70 miles if that much,but i guess that's the way to cookie crumbles.This will be their 2nd time this year on that ruff field; and it seems like they always gets that field to play on. eek!

bulldogmom2
11-16-2003, 09:13 AM
About the game in Victoria. Victoria is about 180 miles from Burnet.
:confused: Thats pretty far to drive. I heard on another post that the game is at 6:00pm. Thats a pretty good drive to make when the game will be over between 9-10 that night. I'll take about 3+ hours to get there, not including bathroom breaks. I heard that the band will probably get chartered bus' for the trip. Not sure if I'll go there.... But I'm sure the Burnet Bulldogs will make a sweep without me. Thank God for radio....

3afan
11-16-2003, 09:29 AM
bmom2 - go to the game !!! nothing else to do on a Saturday night !!! wink

sinfan75
11-16-2003, 09:42 AM
the tigers are back:
Wharton has about an hour drive to the stadium and it seems that wharton knows the field very much.They only have to travel maybe 70 miles if that much,but i guess that's the way to cookie crumbles.This will be their 2nd time this year on that ruff field; and it seems like they always gets that field to play on. eek!

sinfan75
11-16-2003, 09:45 AM
sinfan75:

the tigers are back:
Wharton has about an hour drive to the stadium and it seems that wharton knows the field very much.They only have to travel maybe 70 miles if that much,but i guess that's the way to cookie crumbles.This will be their 2nd time this year on that ruff field; and it seems like they always gets that field to play on. eek! Obviously you haven't been to Victoria since they put in the turf.Sinton's been playin there for the last few years also.

3afan
11-16-2003, 10:05 AM
nm

<small>[ November 16, 2003, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

jason
11-16-2003, 10:07 AM
3afan:

BurnetBandRules:
I think it is crazy that this is game is going to be all the way in Victoria! Just out of curiosity...how far away is Wharton from Victoria?Where would you LIKE for the game to be played?Burnet...lol...

BHS#1
11-16-2003, 10:15 AM
Didn't we play them in Round Rock last year? If so that's a long drive for them. I guess Shipley is losing the toss's this year.

HotDawg89
11-16-2003, 10:36 AM
Turn about is fair play. They did have to drive all the way to Round Rock last year, we could have met them closer and chose not to. I hate the idea of driving back that late too, but I think we willget a room and make the drive home the next morning.

sinton66
11-16-2003, 10:44 AM
You guys got the advantage of "home" neutral last year in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. That usually automatically means you will travel this year. I'd say you might want to get used to the stadium in Victoria. You'll love the field turf! IF Sinton manages to take care of business against Zapata, you could be headed for Victoria again the following week.

crabman
11-16-2003, 11:01 AM
I heard the post-game interview with Coach Shipley last nite on the internet broadcast. Last year Burnet and Wharton agreed to a home-home arrangement but not at your home stadium. Burnet won the toss and chose Round Rock. Whartons choice this year. Victoria is a great facility. Could probably hold 12,000 if it was full.

dawgdad
11-16-2003, 12:25 PM
Hope thats big enough stadium,from the looks of the stadium,it is smaller than Burnet's. We bring the fans when we come!!! GO BULLDOGS !!! GO O-LINE See ya'll there !!!

BHS#1
11-16-2003, 12:35 PM
I don't care how far I have to go. I am addicted to Burnet Bulldogs I can't wait to see them in action again.

sinton66
11-16-2003, 12:35 PM
Actually, i think Memorial will hold about 14,000 at capacity, not positive about that though. I have seen LOTS of people there before.

bd0707
11-16-2003, 12:40 PM
Can anyone confirm the time of the game on Saturday?

Gobbla2001
11-16-2003, 03:01 PM
Ewwww, Burnet's comin' to the Crossroads, eh? Would ask to meet some of you, but not tellin' what you'd pull...

I've seen pictures of the Burnet stadium online (believe one of you guys posted a link) and Victoria's is for sure bigger...

I believe they said it'd actually hold (comfortably) around 15k (THEY being Victoria folks that were at our game)... They told us we packed the stadium more then they do themselves when Memorial plays there...

BurnetBandRules
11-16-2003, 05:34 PM
Man, I am not going to take anyones prediction on how many people the stadiumj can hold! There are too many!! AHH!! LOL, the stadium is bigger than ours but it is still going to be well packed by Burnet fans. There were SO many people at the game this Sat. It was intimidating!

District303aPastPlayer
11-16-2003, 09:27 PM
Go Pirates :)

Bandera YaYa
11-16-2003, 09:39 PM
jason:

3afan:

BurnetBandRules:
I think it is crazy that this is game is going to be all the way in Victoria! Just out of curiosity...how far away is Wharton from Victoria?Where would you LIKE for the game to be played?Burnet...lol...Jason, is it my imagination, or are those "eyes" getting redder and redder...... :D

Ozzy
11-16-2003, 09:44 PM
I was at Victoria Memorial Friday at the Cuero/Wharton game, and asked the facility manager the capacity of the stadium. He told me it held just over 10,000.

PAINTBALL
11-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Ozzy:
I was at Victoria Memorial Friday at the Cuero/Wharton game, and asked the facility manager the capacity of the stadium. He told me it held just over 10,000.What's your take on Wharton?

espn1
11-16-2003, 10:07 PM
Gobbla2001:
Ewwww, Burnet's comin' to the Crossroads, eh? Would ask to meet some of you, but not tellin' what you'd pull...

I've seen pictures of the Burnet stadium online (believe one of you guys posted a link) and Victoria's is for sure bigger...

I believe they said it'd actually hold (comfortably) around 15k (THEY being Victoria folks that were at our game)... They told us we packed the stadium more then they do themselves when Memorial plays there...Hey Gobbla2001! Look us up! We would love to meet you.
http://www.artie.com/20001014/arg-turkey-chop-med-url.gif

<small>[ November 16, 2003, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: espn1 ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
11-16-2003, 10:27 PM
bulldogmom2:
About the game in Victoria. Victoria is about 180 miles from Burnet.
:confused: Thats pretty far to drive. I heard on another post that the game is at 6:00pm. Thats a pretty good drive to make when the game will be over between 9-10 that night. I'll take about 3+ hours to get there, not including bathroom breaks. I heard that the band will probably get chartered bus' for the trip. Not sure if I'll go there.... But I'm sure the Burnet Bulldogs will make a sweep without me. Thank God for radio....Yeah, driving home late, when its that far is no fun...especially for the driver...which was always me, last year! I remember thinking some of our playoff games were NOT somewhere half way....has something to do with winning the toss...which was funny, because we ALWAYS lost the toss.....it kinda got to be a superstition with us...we didn't want to win it....thought we would lose if we won the toss.....But you will wish you were there, when they are playing....maybe Burnet can get Charter buses and the fans can ride them. When we did that, we had a blast and the best thing was, we didn't have to worry about driving home!

Hottogo
11-17-2003, 12:05 AM
Ozzy:
I was at Victoria Memorial Friday at the Cuero/Wharton game, and asked the facility manager the capacity of the stadium. He told me it held just over 10,000.The info on the Texas High School Stadium Data web page says the stadium had a seating capacity of 14,000. We will see.

<small>[ November 16, 2003, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Hottogo ]</small>

District303aPastPlayer
11-17-2003, 12:07 AM
Ozzy:
I was at Victoria Memorial Friday at the Cuero/Wharton game, and asked the facility manager the capacity of the stadium. He told me it held just over 10,000.thats not including standing room