PDA

View Full Version : Germaine Dawson Fund - Donations Welcomed

Ranger Mom
04-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Sad, Sad deal. I hope what Dawson's girlfriend is saying to the police isn't true.

Me too! I almost feel like this shouldn't be stickied anymore with that accusation going on.

rockdale80
04-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Me too! I almost feel like this shouldn't be stickied anymore with that accusation going on.

Because of an accusation of selling pot?

He was murdered...:rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
I read the police affidavit today and it clearly states that his girlfriend reported him missing to the police last Thursday, and his girlfriend was the first to mention the fact that he went to Dallas to sell marijuana .. Just wanted to clear that up ..

Regardless of what he was doing, he did not deserve to die. By all accounts he was a good person and a model student. Still a very sad story and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends

Actually it didn't. It said he was reported missing. It said that the police contacted his girlfriend who then told them that he was planning to sell marijuana. Just want to clear that fact up.

kaorder1999
04-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Here is the affidavit... (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/04-09/0402harrisonaffidavit.pdf)

kaorder1999
04-02-2009, 10:29 AM
I neither stickied or unstickied it. I just expressed my concern, based on the allegations, if it should be stickied.

thats what I meant...

rockdale80
04-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
If the drug accusations are true, then this statement isn't.

You sir are an idiot. I know plenty of good people that have sold a joint and plenty of good people that have smoked a joint.

Way to pass judgement....

db

Pick6
04-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
You sir are an idiot.

Way to pass judgement....

db

It's okay for you to pass judgement?

BTW, I've never met a good person that sells drugs, most likely never will.

Electus Unus
04-02-2009, 11:40 AM

BTW, I've never met a good person that sells drugs, most likely never will. The persident of our country has smoked a joint or two in his day and he admitted it.

kepdawg
04-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
The persident of our country has smoked a joint or two in his day and he admitted it.

A post like this assumes we all think he is a good person.

Pick6
04-02-2009, 11:41 AM
The persident of our country has smoked a joint or two in his day and he admitted it.

More proof on my side :D

DDBooger
04-02-2009, 11:44 AM
The persident of our country has smoked a joint or two in his day and he admitted it. president prior did more than just smoke marijuana.

Sweetwater Red
04-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
president prior did more than just smoke marijuana.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-02-2009, 12:01 PM
This is going in the completely wrong direction. This thread was created to honor the memory of a young man who was a good person at heart. What has been brought forward is nothing but accusations, and we may never know what truly did happen, but I don't believe nor do I accept that he was just a drug dealer and was living that lifestyle. This is a guy I've known since I was in kindergarten and I'm more than willing to vouch for his character. I played too many football and basketball games with him, competed in 7 on 7 and summer league basketball with him, and he was my workout partner every summer while we were in high school together. I knew this guy really well and I would never have expected this to come from him at all. Needless to say I'm shocked and in disbelief in regards to the allegations that took place and I think that before anyone passes any judgment they need to let all of the facts come out. At the end of the day he was my friend and I will always remember the great things about him and how great of a person that he was, regardless of the outcome of the case.

kaorder1999
04-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
This is going in the completely wrong direction. This thread was created to honor the memory of a young man who was a good person at heart. What has been brought forward is nothing but accusations, and we may never know what truly did happen, but I don't believe nor do I accept that he was just a drug dealer and was living that lifestyle. This is a guy I've known since I was in kindergarten and I'm more than willing to vouch for his character. I played too many football and basketball games with him, competed in 7 on 7 and summer league basketball with him, and he was my workout partner every summer while we were in high school together. I knew this guy really well and I would never have expected this to come from him at all. Needless to say I'm shocked and in disbelief in regards to the allegations that took place and I think that before anyone passes any judgment they need to let all of the facts come out. At the end of the day he was my friend and I will always remember the great things about him and how great of a person that he was, regardless of the outcome of the case.
Im not sure I have read anywhere where anyone has said that the accusations are true. People have said...IF these allegations are true...but thats it. Honestly....if this were a non drug related incident I would have no problem donating to the scholarship fund in his name and probably will do so but IF this does end up being a "drug deal gone wrong" I sure wouldnt donate in his name/memory to any scholarship fund. At the same time I find it hard to believe that the school would even allow funds to be donated in his name/honor/memory to the scholarship fund if this does indeed turn out to be a drug related death. With that being said I sure hope and pray the family finds some comfort through something....my prayers are surely with the family and friends of this young man.

rockdale80
04-02-2009, 01:45 PM

BTW, I've never met a good person that sells drugs, most likely never will.

I make the rules. :)

In seriousness though, he was a good kid. I hope the accusations are not true; regardless he was an outstanding young man and was the victim of a crime.

eagles_victory
04-02-2009, 07:02 PM
If the drug accusations are true, then this statement isn't. How is someone not a good person because they sold a few drugs. From what I know about the situation is if he was selling drugs (which noone knows for sure) he hadn't been doing it for long. Everyone hits a rough patch in their lives but you cant just judge the whole persons entire life on a few bad decisions. I know Gary, Casey, and Willie will swear by this guy and chances are if those 3 guys will vouch for his character he must of been a pretty good guy.

bandera7
04-02-2009, 10:00 PM
you know, I am pretty anti drugs. But I dont consider people who sell drugs to necessarily be bad people. Victims of circumstance, maybe? I know there are plenty of other options, but when all you see around you is people being successful with dealing, it sends a message. This is not me by any means advocating the selling of drugs. I think it is wrong. But good people often do bad things.

Johnny Utah
04-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Pick 6, sure hope you or your family members or close friends never have to endure something like drug abuse. Makes me wonder how you would handle that, or if it were your child.

*Great points Dogman.

Pick6
04-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Pick 6, sure hope you or your family members or close friends never have to endure something like drug abuse. Makes me wonder how you would handle that, or if it were your child.

*Great points Dogman.

I agree! It's real easy to be condescending when you haven't ever been there.....I learned that from first hand experience!!!

My cousin was in the pen for 20 years for drugs. Now that he's out, I don't let him come around my kids. To me he isn't a good person.

Another cousin has a couple of DWI's. We were best friends in high school. I don't want him around either. To me he isn't a good person either.

So yes, I've been there, I've seen it first hand.

Ranger Mom
04-03-2009, 11:21 AM
My cousin was in the pen for 20 years for drugs. Now that he's out, I don't let him come around my kids. To me he isn't a good person.

Another cousin has a couple of DWI's. We were best friends in high school. I don't want him around either. To me he isn't a good person either.

So yes, I've been there, I've seen it first hand.

Let me ask you this....if, God forbid, one of your kids strays down the wrong path for a while....do you kick them to the curb too??

Don't say it will NEVER happen to one of yours.....I never thought it would happen to me either!!

Out of 5 kids, the one that I thought would be the least likely to get in trouble is the one who got into the most.

Pick6
04-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Let me ask you this....if, God forbid, one of your kids strays down the wrong path for a while....do you kick them to the curb too??

Don't say it will NEVER happen to one of yours.....I never thought it would happen to me either!!

Out of 5 kids, the one that I thought would be the least likely to get in trouble is the one who got into the most.

If it came to it, and that child didn't accept the help that was offered, yes I would. I have other children that I also have to protect from it.

Ranger Mom
04-03-2009, 11:28 AM
If it came to it, and that child didn't accept the help that was offered, yes I would. I have other children that I also have to protect from it.

If I had given up on Shane, he would have probably been dead by now!

Pick6
04-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Pick, I think you are just trying to pick a fight in all seriousness. You must not have many friends or be very forgiving or helpful to others. Very tough to live that way. Good luck to you and your raising of kids in this day and age with the better than all mentality.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone. I've got no complaints about my life. I'll help anyone who accepts it. I never said I was better than anyone either. Maybe you can show me where I said that. At this point my kids are doing fine with the way I'm raising them. Teaching them right from wrong and keeping them in church sure helps alot more than having them hang around drug dealers.

Ranger Mom
04-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Pick, I think you are just trying to pick a fight in all seriousness. You must not have many friends or be very forgiving or helpful to others. Very tough to live that way. Good luck to you and your raising of kids in this day and age with the better than all mentality.

Pick6 and I are actually friends and I know his family.

His kids are younger than mine and he hasn't had any problems with them so far. I think it's easy to say what you would do when it has never happened to you.

A cousin or brother or uncle is a LOT different than one of your kids!!

Pick6
04-03-2009, 11:32 AM
If I had given up on Shane, he would have probably been dead by now!

Thank goodness he's still alive. He accepted your help.

Ranger Mom
04-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Thank goodness he's still alive. He accepted your help.

Yep...but it took a lot of hard knocks on his head before he turned around.

He had to hit rock bottom first!