PDA

View Full Version : Question about Friday Night Lights (the book)

bwdlionfan
04-03-2009, 03:08 PM
I've seen the movie, and I know a lot of it was 'real' but some of it... teams that permian faced and what not weren't the actual teams permian faced. My question is... having never read the book, was the book completely non-fiction or were parts of the book fiction?

Sweetwater Red
04-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I've seen the movie, and I know a lot of it was 'real' but some of it... teams that permian faced and what not weren't the actual teams permian faced. My question is... having never read the book, was the book completely non-fiction or were parts of the book fiction?

Ask the people of Odessa and they'll tell you both the book and
movie were pure fiction.

BuffyMars
04-03-2009, 03:35 PM
not to mention the movie depicts them beating marshall...which didn't happen that year.

PPHSfan
04-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
not to mention the movie depicts them beating marshall...which didn't happen that year.

Read the book again. I believe the book tells of the loss to Marshall after the flight on the rented jet.

wildstangs
04-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Read the book again. I believe the book tells of the loss to Marshall after the flight on the rented jet.

Correct. Lost 13-12 to Marshall. I wanna think the rented jet was to El Paso though, unless they took rented jets to both games, which wouldnt be surprising.

Permian beat Marshall twice the next year 21-7, 31-14.

I enjoyed the book, but people should understand that much of it was exaggerated.

Really liked the movie as well, but it was even more fictitious than the book. Many things were changed to make it a more appealing movie.

Astro2
04-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Outstanding Book.....Hard to put down for the high school sports fan.