PDA

View Full Version : Ballinger-Midland Greenwood

Matthew328
08-25-2003, 11:13 AM
What do you guys think? I think Ballinger had a very good shot at pulling the upset..but if I was backed into a corner I'd still take the Rangers..

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-25-2003, 12:54 PM
Posey is a very good back and the Rangers will need 8 in the box to contain him. The thing this year is (from the scrimmage with Vernon) Ballinger has some very good receivers that will take some pressure off of the running game. Both teams are going to be big time playoff teams so who knows. If I wasn't watching the Vernon-Sweetwater game I would go to this one.

vet93
08-25-2003, 01:35 PM
Collier-sharp has Greenwood picked by 15 points.

wildstangs
08-25-2003, 07:47 PM
I think Ballinger is gonna surprise them. Cats by 4 points.

RANGERFAN31
08-25-2003, 08:31 PM
I'LL TAKE RANGERS ON THIS ONE. BUT GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS.

Green Ranger
08-26-2003, 08:26 AM
Several little things, Kinda off subject, but when someone says "A penny for your thoughts!?!?" and you give your two cents where does the remaining penny go? With that, here is my two cents. First of all, Greenwood was picked to lose in almost everygame they played in last year, which means everybody was right 1 time out of 16, nice percentage. As far as Posey goes, we really did not see him alot the first game due to an injury. The second game, and no offense to the young man, but we gave a few good hits and he more or less didnt produce big. Whether that will happen again this year has yet to be seen. As far as the game goes, if both teams bring their "A" game it should be one of the better games in Texas for Week 0. May the best team win and Welcome Ranger Fan!

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-26-2003, 08:49 AM
Green Ranger: Well said.

vet93
08-26-2003, 09:01 AM
Green Ranger...I don't disagree with anything you said. In defense of Posey, Greenwood completely and totally controlled the line of scrimmage in the playoff game last year. Everytime he hit the line of scrimmage he was met by 3 people. I don't think that it was a poor reflection on his skills...I think that it was a great performance by the Greenwood defensive line and linebackers. If Greenwood controls the line of scrimmage like they did last year, Posey won't have a chance to do much.

Green Ranger:
Several little things, Kinda off subject, but when someone says "A penny for your thoughts!?!?" and you give your two cents where does the remaining penny go? With that, here is my two cents. First of all, Greenwood was picked to lose in almost everygame they played in last year, which means everybody was right 1 time out of 16, nice percentage. As far as Posey goes, we really did not see him alot the first game due to an injury. The second game, and no offense to the young man, but we gave a few good hits and he more or less didnt produce big. Whether that will happen again this year has yet to be seen. As far as the game goes, if both teams bring their "A" game it should be one of the better games in Texas for Week 0. May the best team win and Welcome Ranger Fan!

Wbulldogs
08-26-2003, 02:30 PM
i am from wyle and i know ballinger is a very good team and i think they will pull the upset on this one. Little payback from the playoffs maybe??