PDA

View Full Version : Locked in a car

Pick6
04-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Woman reports being locked in her own car

By Heath Urie (Contact)
Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A woman who found herself locked inside her car Tuesday morning called Lafayette police to help get her out.

The incident happened at 6:55 a.m., when the woman’s black Honda Civic broke down while driving along U.S. 287 and South Boulder Road.

Lafayette police Sgt. Fred Palmer said the woman’s car battery apparently died, rendering the power locks useless.

“When it quit running, she couldn’t get the doors open,” Palmer said. “The dispatcher tried to talk her through it, but the lady said, ‘I have no power, it won’t work.’”

Because it was rush hour and the woman was panicked, Palmer said, officers were sent to help show her how to manually unlock the car from the inside.

While officers were on the way, he said, the woman called dispatchers back and said she figured it out on her own.

Police sent a tow truck to help the woman, Palmer said.

Palmer said it’s the first call of its kind that he can recall.

“We’ve had people locked out — not in,” he said.

waterboy
04-02-2009, 02:34 PM
She must be an Aggie...........:doh: :D

:stirpot: Hehe!:devil:

Sweetwater Red
04-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
She must be an Aggie...........:doh: :D

:stirpot: Hehe!:devil:

It was Lafayette. That would make her a ragin cajun.:thinking:

BreckTxLonghorn
04-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Good point - she's probably a SCLSU mud-dog!

waterboy
04-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Maybe she came over to College Station to get "trained". She might not have been able to find a suitable college over there in Louisiana that could "train" her.:D I'm sure she probably has sent her resume' to NASA because she's obviously a rocket scientist.:D

I kid.....I kid.....just punning, folks! :D

piratebg
04-03-2009, 12:10 AM
I love it :D