PDA

View Full Version : USA beats T&T 3-0

duckhunter
04-01-2009, 09:37 PM
usa beats trinidad and tobago 3-0 in nashville tonight in world cup quilifying match :clap: :clap: the 19 yr old Altidore had the hat trick

easily coulve be 5-0

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
usa beats trinidad and tobago 3-0 in nashville tonight in world cup quilifying match :clap: :clap: the 19 yr old Altidore had the hat trick

easily coulve be 5-0

Tabagen is their snow in nashville?

bandera7
04-01-2009, 09:50 PM
but what in the world happened to us vs. El Salvador? I know we finished well but we should have blown that team away

Matthew328
04-01-2009, 09:52 PM
el salvador had hot chicks

bandera7
04-01-2009, 09:53 PM
did they ever. I was more concerned watching their crowd after a score than anything. I wouldnt have minded us losing that 100-0 just so I got to watch the El Salvador girls in the stands celebrate

duckhunter
04-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
but what in the world happened to us vs. El Salvador? I know we finished well but we should have blown that team away couldve shouldve wouldve.....usa got the tie, made up the points tonight.......its all gravy

bandera7
04-01-2009, 10:04 PM
I agree should have doesnt mean anything. But it is disappointing to watch our team struggle against a team that doesnt belong on the same field as us

STAggie
04-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Altidore is giong to be a star in Europe one day and I believe the US will in serious contention for the cup in 2014.

sahen
04-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by STAggie
Altidore is giong to be a star in Europe one day and I believe the US will in serious contention for the cup in 2014.

You watch too much ESPN....those guys will have you all pumped before the world cup thinking we have a chance only to watch us get knocked out in the pool play again and again (the Korean world cup was the annomally, strangely that year ESPN didn't expect us to do much).....I dont think we are bad at soccer, we are actually pretty decent and Altidore is awesome (saw his first international goal here in Houston last year) but I think its gonna take more than him to put us in contention...i hope you and ESPN are right (ok just you, ESPN thinks we can compete for the cup in South Africa, barring a miracle or the most favorable draw ever it aint gonna happen)...

Phil C
04-02-2009, 08:50 AM
:clap:

STAggie
04-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by sahen
You watch too much ESPN....those guys will have you all pumped before the world cup thinking we have a chance only to watch us get knocked out in the pool play again and again (the Korean world cup was the annomally, strangely that year ESPN didn't expect us to do much).....I dont think we are bad at soccer, we are actually pretty decent and Altidore is awesome (saw his first international goal here in Houston last year) but I think its gonna take more than him to put us in contention...i hope you and ESPN are right (ok just you, ESPN thinks we can compete for the cup in South Africa, barring a miracle or the most favorable draw ever it aint gonna happen)...

Actually I watch nothing on ESPN about soccer. I follow soccer on my own and if you don't think we can compete in 2014 you are fooling yourself. We have a lot of up and coming talent and if we can develop it (IE: sending more players to Europe) we will be a force. The United States is an up and coming Soccer nation and will only continue to be so, with the popularity of the game growing stronger.

duckhunter
04-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by STAggie
Actually I watch nothing on ESPN about soccer. I follow soccer on my own and if you don't think we can compete in 2014 you are fooling yourself. We have a lot of up and coming talent and if we can develop it (IE: sending more players to Europe) we will be a force. The United States is an up and coming Soccer nation and will only continue to be so, with the popularity of the game growing stronger. i agree 2014 COULD be the year that the u.s. finally make a decent run at it. if some of those younger boys get over to europe play some good football the u.s. could become a very good team.

the game last night with argentina and boliva is a prime example why we play games. anything could happen on any given night.

bandera7
04-02-2009, 12:16 PM
I agree in 2014 we should have a shot. Granted, we always seem to have a bunch of talent up and coming. We just have yet to develop it.

At this point in time I believe we have enough young players that are good enough to play outside of the US and in the Premier League, La Primera and Serie A. We just have to get them over there to prove they can hang.

STAggie
04-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
I agree in 2014 we should have a shot. Granted, we always seem to have a bunch of talent up and coming. We just have yet to develop it.

At this point in time I believe we have enough young players that are good enough to play outside of the US and in the Premier League, La Primera and Serie A. We just have to get them over there to prove they can hang.

I kinda blame Donovan for the lack of faith in American players abroad. His first attempt at giong overseas was disasterous and has had a negative impact on American youngsters every since. At least we are starting to see that stigma broken with the likes of Altidore, Adu, Bradley, Dempsey and the like going all over the European continent to play.