PDA

View Full Version : Will Midland Lee be getting a new coach??

Ranger Mom
04-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Link (http://mywesttexas.com/articles/2009/04/01/sports/top_stories/doc49d26fc991de8881349968.txt)

Lee High School head football coach Randy Quisenberry was placed on administrative leave with pay Tuesday, pending investigation into allegations of “unprofessional treatment of students,” Midland ISD Executive Director of Athletics Todd Howey confirmed.

Howey said the incident was brought to his attention Monday afternoon, and Quisenberry was officially placed on leave Tuesday morning.

“We are looking into the allegations to make sure that we do the right thing,” Howey said. “We don’t want to jump to any conclusions. We want to get the facts and sit down at the proper time, and make a decision as to what we are going to do.”

Quisenberry offered no comment on the situation when reached on his cell phone on Wednesday afternoon.

MISD communications supervisor Woodrow Bailey said the allegations are being investigated by the campus administration and the MISD administration. He also said it is still being investigated whether the allegations involved more than one student and when it happened.

Howey did not say whether the allegations involved a football player or athlete at Lee High School.

Howey added that assistant coach Pat Liles is leading program while Quisenberry is on the administrative leave.

Coach Pat Liles used to coach for Greenwood and I was hoping he would get the Greenwood job when it came open a few years ago. I hope if this job it "out there", Coach Liles get's it....he's a good guy!!

GetRDoneStangs
04-01-2009, 07:25 PM
"They" have been looking for a way to get ride of him for a while......this may well do it.

Midland Lee will draw some good prospects!!

wildstangs
04-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Many Lee folks have wanted him gone for a looooong time, since they haven't churned out state titles since Parchman left. I guess they think people like Cedric Benson and Eric Winston come around every year.

I hope this doesn't ruin his career. I actually talked with him this summer about a job at one of his J.H. feeder schools, but wife said no way to moving to Midland.

Ranger Mom
04-01-2009, 07:32 PM
I kinda know the other side of the story.....husband knows the kid in questions parents.....but not 100% sure he got ALL the story based on some of the comments below the article!

Pmoney
04-01-2009, 10:46 PM
I was surprised they hired him...I mean hell he went to Permian in HS