PDA

View Full Version : I miss T.O.

kaorder1999
04-01-2009, 02:09 PM
At least when he was in town the media always had something interesting to report...now all I keep hearing is "Cutler for Romo" trade possibilities. Freaking boring!

Bullaholic
04-01-2009, 02:11 PM
I'll never be that bored.

waterboy
04-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Me neither. Good riddance in my opinion. I'd rather have no news than "big-mouth, whiny-butt, all-about-me" news. I think the negative news that was prevalent during T.O.'s stay was a big part of their downfall last year. We'll see a better attitude around Cowboy's camp this year.

coach
04-01-2009, 02:28 PM
it always other ppl that tries to bring negative news about him....even you guys try to bring him down when he has done absolutely nothing. Dallas will miss him this more than ppl will think

kaorder1999
04-01-2009, 02:29 PM
dont get me wrong when I say this....because I was not a huge TO fan, but in my opinion he has been a bigger than necessary scapegoat for the Cowboy failures recently.

kaorder1999
04-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Now that hes gone the Media doesnt know how to handle their time. At least with him here they could "create" stories. Now all they can report on is Ellis crying about his contract...LIKE HE DOES EVERY FREAKING YEAR

Bullaholic
04-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by coach
it always other ppl that tries to bring negative news about him....even you guys try to bring him down when he has done absolutely nothing. Dallas will miss him this more than ppl will think

I don't ever recall reading a story concerning T.O. in which anyone else was the instigator of the problem. Any "piling on" was always done after he stirred things up initially---and that I don't miss.

kaorder1999
04-01-2009, 02:45 PM
One Example...

TO tries to support Romo because Romo had taken so much heat for going to Mexico or whatever and the next few days were nothing but stories about TO just "trying to get attention" at the news conference by crying with his glasses on...

Ranger Mom
04-01-2009, 02:47 PM
I liked him.......so sue me!!

Bullaholic
04-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
One Example...

TO tries to support Romo because Romo had taken so much heat for going to Mexico or whatever and the next few days were nothing but stories about TO just "trying to get attention" at the news conference by crying with his glasses on...

I don't think anyone took that behavior as "normal". It was a way over the top reaction just like the attempted suicide---more indicators that T.O. is emotionally unstable and needs help---which I sincerely hope he gets for his own welfare.

waterboy
04-01-2009, 03:02 PM
I don't think T.O. is ever happy if he is not the top news/attention getter. I ain't saying all the negativity will be gone, but it will be a MUCH better attitude at Cowboy camp this year with T.O. gone. I don't mind admitting that I never was a T.O. fan, but I was willing to tolerate him as long as he was a Cowboy.......although, I was very glad when they announced that they had cut him. I don't care who plays for the Cowboys, I'll always be a Cowboy fan.

kaorder1999
04-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I don't think anyone took that behavior as "normal". It was a way over the top reaction just like the attempted suicide---more indicators that T.O. is emotionally unstable and needs help---which I sincerely hope he gets for his own welfare.

my point exactly...no matter what the man does or says its always a negative reaction....

bandera7
04-01-2009, 04:08 PM
T.O. will be sorely missed by the whole city when they are looking around for something to blame and he isnt sitting there anymore. Eventually the fans are going to realize Romo cant get it done, and it had nothing to do with T.O.'s attitude or off the field antics. During game time, does the team deliver or not? The answer is no, and T.O. had nothing to do with that.

BTownVBall3
04-01-2009, 07:02 PM
I agree 100%. . Get rid of the only guy on the team that played with his heart and actually had compasion for the game and didn't look like he was just going through the motions.

pirate4state
04-01-2009, 07:50 PM
TO is & will always be the MAN!!! :D :inlove:

Txbroadcaster
04-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I don't ever recall reading a story concerning T.O. in which anyone else was the instigator of the problem. Any "piling on" was always done after he stirred things up initially---and that I don't miss.

How about the story were he and the WRs QUIETLY went to the OC about problems they felt were in the offense actually doing what he should do, instead of sreaming and crying, he went to wo he sould in a quiet way, yet a lockeroom snitch goes to the media....yet it is TO wo is grilled over it

Electus Unus
04-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Cutler for Romo

The Fonz says approves
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1439/1473946927_0795859a38.jpg

Emerson1
04-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Don't see why people are so high on Cutler

Is it his 17-20 career record?
The 0 playoff appearances?

LH Panther Mom
04-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The 0 playoff appearances?
0 playoff appearances or 0 wins. Is there much difference? :thinking:

Bullaholic
04-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
How about the story were he and the WRs QUIETLY went to the OC about problems they felt were in the offense actually doing what he should do, instead of sreaming and crying, he went to wo he sould in a quiet way, yet a lockeroom snitch goes to the media....yet it is TO wo is grilled over it

And all of that was unsubstansiated locker room gossip by the media---nobody was ever privvy to the real account.

bandera7
04-01-2009, 10:04 PM
and his complete lack of help from the defense should be taken into account. That and his non-choking tendencies.