PDA

View Full Version : Germaine Dawson Fund - Donations Welcomed

Electus Unus
03-31-2009, 03:41 PM
3ADOWNLOW,

Germaine Dawson was a standout athlete at Rockdale High School excelling in many sports. Eventually he went on to play collegiate football at the University of North Texas. Germaine was recently found shot and killed Lewisvile, Texas. Proceeds will go to funeral cost and help to establish the general scholarship fund for one athlete either male or female of Rockdale High School who shows the same work ethic Germaine showed on and off the field.

We are accepting checks and/or money orders of any monetary value. We ask that you attach your name and address to the check/money order because the credit union is making a list of all who donated which will be given to his grandmother. Please make your check/money order out to the “Germaine Dawson Fund” and mailed it to the following address;

RFCU
1821 W. Cameron
Rockdale, TX 76567

You can PM me if you have any questions.

*Can this be stickied please?

Pick6
04-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Looks like they have a suspect in custody

Dallas man arrested in killing of ex-UNT football player

BY DOMINGO RAMIREZ JR.
ramirez@star-telegram.com

LEWISVILLE -- A Dallas man was arrested Tuesday night on suspicion of killing a former University of North Texas football player last week, according to a Lewisville police news release.

Police identified the suspect as Ryan Trenard Harrison, 18. He was in the Lewisville City Jail Wednesday with bail set at $250,000.

Harrison has been arraigned on a charge of murder.

Harrison was arrested about 7 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of Creek Cove in Dallas by Lewisville police, Texas Rangers, Dallas Police Department and the DFW Fugitive Apprehension Strike Team.

Harrison is accused of fatally shooting Germaine Lance Dawson, 21, of Rockdale, who was scheduled to graduate this spring.

Police did not release any details on a possible motive.

Dawson, who played four years for the Mean Green football team, was found dead Friday morning, slumped over in a white SUV near a Lewisville auto repair business along Interstate 35E.

Dawson, who had been shot once in the head, had been missing since Thursday.
DOMINGO RAMIREZ JR., 817-390-7763

kaorder1999
04-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Sad, Sad deal. I hope what Dawson's girlfriend is saying to the police isn't true.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Me too! I almost feel like this shouldn't be stickied anymore with that accusation going on.

His mom actually reported him missing, not his girlfriend....I think something is off about this story. Totally atypical of his character....something has to be seriously wrong for this to be the case.

Electus Unus
04-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
His mom actually reported him missing, not his girlfriend....I think something is off about this story. Totally atypical of his character....something has to be seriously wrong for this to be the case. x2

His family still needs some help with the funeral cost and there is a scholarship fund for an athlete of Rockdale High. I think it should still be stickied for the sole purpose of the scholarship to help a student out and for his family.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-01-2009, 11:25 PM
I don't usually do this, but TTT.

rockdale80
04-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Lots of people change once they leave home and go to college. This definately sounds like a drug deal gone bad.

It is still an accusation. I guess we disregard the fact that he was MURDERED because he "allegedly" sold some pot. He was a football player and a student about to graduate college.

Keith7
04-02-2009, 12:15 AM
His mom actually reported him missing, not his girlfriend....I think something is off about this story. Totally atypical of his character....something has to be seriously wrong for this to be the case.

I read the police affidavit today and it clearly states that his girlfriend reported him missing to the police last Thursday, and his girlfriend was the first to mention the fact that he went to Dallas to sell marijuana .. Just wanted to clear that up ..

Regardless of what he was doing, he did not deserve to die. By all accounts he was a good person and a model student. Still a very sad story and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends

kaorder1999
04-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Because of an accusation of selling pot?

He was murdered...:rolleyes:

you are right...he was murdered and there is NO reason why this should have happened. Its a sad, sad deal.

I do think though that RangerMom is correct about the being stickied part though. If this were a "drug deal gone bad" then the sticky shouldnt be there. Let eh investigation take its course and if this is all a misunderstanding and it wasn't a drug deal then sticky it. Of course this is just my opinion.

Pick6
04-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Keith7

By all accounts he was a good person and a model student.

If the drug accusations are true, then this statement isn't.

Keith7
04-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Here is the affidavit... (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/04-09/0402harrisonaffidavit.pdf)

I take back my first comment, I guess what I saw wasn't the affidavit but rather a reporters notes..

Rocket Dad
04-02-2009, 10:00 AM
My thoughts go to the family. So many young people of all walks get involved with drugs either for monetary gain or use . Maybe the loss of this young man in such a tragic way can open the eyes of others to steer away from this lifestyle. Again, prayers to the family of this young man.

kaorder1999
04-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
My thoughts go to the family. So many young people of all walks get involved with drugs either for monetary gain or use . Maybe the loss of this young man in such a tragic way can open the eyes of others to steer away from this lifestyle. Again, prayers to the family of this young man.
:clap:

Ranger Mom
04-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
you are right...he was murdered and there is NO reason why this should have happened. Its a sad, sad deal.

I do think though that RangerMom is correct about the being stickied part though. If this were a "drug deal gone bad" then the sticky shouldnt be there. Let eh investigation take its course and if this is all a misunderstanding and it wasn't a drug deal then sticky it. Of course this is just my opinion.

I neither stickied or unstickied it. I just expressed my concern, based on the allegations, if it should be stickied.

With that being said, the whole thing is tragic, no matter what transpired during the course of it and my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends.

Johnny Utah
04-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Rockdale is a small town. These things are not supposed to happen. If you do not want to donate, dont. Rockdale faithful will and I trust the judgement of Tiger and Rockdale80 when they say he was a good young man. Everyone has skeletons. Pray for the family and those affected by a senseless crime. Another teenager is going to prison. Makes no sense.

pirate4state
04-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Rockdale is a small town. These things are not supposed to happen. If you do not want to donate, dont. Rockdale faithful will and I trust the judgement of Tiger and Rockdale80 when they say he was a good young man. Everyone has skeletons. Pray for the family and those affected by a senseless crime. Another teenager is going to prison. Makes no sense. +1

mwynn05
04-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
How is someone not a good person because they sold a few drugs. From what I know about the situation is if he was selling drugs (which noone knows for sure) he hadn't been doing it for long. Everyone hits a rough patch in their lives but you cant just judge the whole persons entire life on a few bad decisions. I know Gary, Casey, and Willie will swear by this guy and chances are if those 3 guys will vouch for his character he must of been a pretty good guy. ill go even further and they have all vouched for his character before this ever happened

Pick6
04-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
How is someone not a good person because they sold a few drugs. From what I know about the situation is if he was selling drugs (which noone knows for sure) he hadn't been doing it for long. Everyone hits a rough patch in their lives but you cant just judge the whole persons entire life on a few bad decisions. I know Gary, Casey, and Willie will swear by this guy and chances are if those 3 guys will vouch for his character he must of been a pretty good guy.

Originally posted by mwynn05
ill go even further and they have all vouched for his character before this ever happened

I don't care who will vouch for who. If someone is selling drugs, that is not someone that I would call a good person. If my brother was selling drugs I wouldn't consider him a good person. Remember, I never said he was a bad person. I only said IF he was selling he was. Hopefully I'm wrong and he wasn't selling.

Dogman_1969
04-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Germaine was a fine young man who will be missed by everyone who was blessed to have known him. I first met Germaine when he was playing pee wee football for the Steelers. He had a big smile that Saturday afternoon, one that at the time I didn't realize would be so consistant. If you ran into Germaine at the store, or watching football practice, or at the Mall in Bryan he would ALWAYS stick out his hand first and greet you with respect and a joyful smile that would turn a bad day good.

The last time I saw Germaine we passed each other by the construction site of the new Rockdale High School. We both waived and I again saw that same big Germaine smile that I saw that Saturday 11 years before. Special things seldom change and Germaine was very special......

Ranger Mom
04-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Pick 6, sure hope you or your family members or close friends never have to endure something like drug abuse. Makes me wonder how you would handle that, or if it were your child.

*Great points Dogman.

I agree! It's real easy to be condescending when you haven't ever been there.....I learned that from first hand experience!!!

Johnny Utah
04-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Pick, I think you are just trying to pick a fight in all seriousness. You must not have many friends or be very forgiving or helpful to others. Very tough to live that way. Good luck to you and your raising of kids in this day and age with the better than all mentality.

Johnny Utah
04-03-2009, 11:39 AM
We all want what is best for our kids and I hope for all others!!!

rockdale80
04-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Thank goodness he's still alive. He accepted your help.

TTT

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Today was really hard and I still can't accept what happened and the alleged circumstances around it...Germaine was not a drug dealer. I know from personal experience how hard it is to play football at the collegiate level and be successful in school, and Germaine was doing that quite well. You don't have a lot of time to get yourself involved in stuff like that...and he was about to graduate and receive his second bachelor's degree from what I heard. It just doesn't add up based on that...nor does it based on how he was raised and how he lived his life. There were so many people there to celebrate the life of him, and I don't care who you are or what you think, he was not a bad person and I will never look at him as that. Germaine will always be looked at and remember as a man of integrity by those who really knew him, and I could really give a damn less what anybody else has to say about that, you're not going to change my mind, because you're the one who is wrong about him. If you have anything negative to say just keep it to yourself and stop trying to ruin the way that we look at our friend. Goodbye Germaine, you will be missed.

Ranger Mom
04-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Today was really hard and I still can't accept what happened and the alleged circumstances around it...Germaine was not a drug dealer. I know from personal experience how hard it is to play football at the collegiate level and be successful in school, and Germaine was doing that quite well. You don't have a lot of time to get yourself involved in stuff like that...and he was about to graduate and receive his second bachelor's degree from what I heard. It just doesn't add up based on that...nor does it based on how he was raised and how he lived his life. There were so many people there to celebrate the life of him, and I don't care who you are or what you think, he was not a bad person and I will never look at him as that. Germaine will always be looked at and remember as a man of integrity by those who really knew him, and I could really give a damn less what anybody else has to say about that, you're not going to change my mind, because you're the one who is wrong about him. If you have anything negative to say just keep it to yourself and stop trying to ruin the way that we look at our friend. Goodbye Germaine, you will be missed.

That was a very nice tribute Gary!

Dogman_1969
04-04-2009, 12:31 PM
my final bump for #15...................

TTT

rockdale80
04-05-2009, 12:36 AM

Well put brother....:clap: