PDA

View Full Version : Cameron vs. Caldwell

konstance_latrice_04
10-08-2002, 10:22 PM
Well all i have to say about this game is sit back and watch the refs cheat Cameron like they did last year. Cameron might be a young squad but they kicked Giddings but the last 6 seconds on the clock!!!!!!!!!!!!

HornetPride
10-09-2002, 12:29 AM
Yes, I totally agree the refs cheated in Cameron last year which YOU won, 7-0, dummy. Caldwell was penalized 12 times for 150 yards. Cameron is so spoiled that if they can't win by 95 points and play 3,000 playoff games every 10 years, they start hyperventilating.... Well, that or send out an APB to recruit one of the 10 Most Wanted.

HornetPride
10-09-2002, 08:41 AM
If the Yoemen had good sense, they'd lose the game on purpose so they could represent Division II as one of the playoff teams since Caldwell is the big school and would be put in the stronger bracket. Ding Dong!

bviking
10-09-2002, 08:55 AM
I agree with HornetPride, Konstance it is sad that you mention refs cheating because that is something you need to take up with your coaches. In both instances, last year vs Caldwell and this year vs. Giddings, they were your refs (the ones your school was paying)
Do your parents tie a steak around your neck so the dog will play with you. That's bad if you can not get calls from your own refs.
Then again sounds like you could be from Caldwell since they can not get love from officials either.

HornetPride
10-09-2002, 09:56 AM
Amen, brother!

2001GiddingsLB
10-09-2002, 11:01 AM
I think the blame need not rest on officials but on the player that commits the infraction. I can honestly say that I have never seen a game decided by a ref's loyalties to a particular team. Although I have seen a few games decided by a sound judgement call by a ref who called a penalty on a kid with a little too much enthusiasm going through him in the clutch. The only reason people think that refs make bad calls against them all the times is cuz they don't notice nearly as often all the calls that go for them.

Matthew328
10-09-2002, 11:09 AM
I have a question....don't both schools agree on refs before the game?? And no one school pays the refs...the refs get a portion of the total gate..which means fans from both schools pay the refs

<small>[ October 09, 2002, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Matthew328 ]</small>

HornetPride
10-09-2002, 12:15 PM
I've been told inconsistently that the home team proposes refs names and the 2 schools decide yes or no. Voting no sends a bad message, though, and implies to the host team that you don't trust them and they could take it personally --- so what do you do? Coaches have to look out for themselves personally because word could spread that you're a whiner even when you have legitimate gripes. I overheard a Bay City and Port Lavaca Calhoun coach go after it several years ago and it wasn't pretty. It's most obvious when the ref for the team he seems to favor gives the first down signal repeatedly like he's a happy camper. For Cameron to accuse Caldwell of doing that is downright funny. If you look in a complaint book at UIL headquarters, we quite possibly have the cleanest officiating record of any school in our area. Besides, these refs have to have kids who attend school SOMEWHERE, too so to say they are completely unbiased is a stretch.