PDA

View Full Version : Robstown may get another Baseball Team!

Phil C
03-31-2009, 08:33 AM
This would be great news indeed. They are working to get a United League team that would play at the Fairgrounds. The league has teams in Edinburgh, Laredo, Harlingen, San Angelo and Amallo. It would replace a team in Alexandria, LA. Good news indeed!

44INAROW
03-31-2009, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
It would replace a team in Alexandria, LA. Good news indeed!
My dearly departed dad graduated from Bolton High School in Alexandria LA and rec'd a track scholarship to Louisiana Tech.

Phil C
03-31-2009, 10:32 AM
I am sorry 44. It is obviously sad news for Alexandria, LA. But it is good news for Robstown. I would just as soon get a new team rather than replace one if I had the choice.

Maroon87
03-31-2009, 10:34 AM
I think you could but the Yankees in Robstown and they wouldn't draw fans. It makes no sense: a bona fide baseball hotbed and you can't get fans to come to the games? Weird...:confused:

Phil C
03-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I think you could but the Yankees in Robstown and they wouldn't draw fans. It makes no sense: a bona fide baseball hotbed and you can't get fans to come to the games? Weird...:confused:

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!

GIVE THEM ANOTHER CHANCE!

:mad:

Maroon87
03-31-2009, 10:47 AM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!

GIVE THEM ANOTHER CHANCE!

:mad:

IF YOU BUILD IT, AREN"T THEY SUPPOSED TO COME??? WELL WHERE ARE THEY???

;)

Phil C
03-31-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
IF YOU BUILD IT, AREN"T THEY SUPPOSED TO COME??? WELL WHERE ARE THEY???

;)

"Maroon87 is very much relieved that Robstown is no longer in the district with Calallen." said the Sinton GodFather while on his way to the snack bar for a late morning cup of coffee.

:)

Maroon87
03-31-2009, 11:24 AM
"Maroon87 is very much relieved that Robstown is no longer in the district with Calallen." said the Sinton GodFather while on his way to the snack bar for a late morning cup of coffee.

:)

I know...I got tired of us beating them 11-0.:p

Super_R
03-31-2009, 11:35 AM
It's a nice park...its a shame they don't use if for bigger games.