PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky has a Coach?

SHSBulldog00
03-30-2009, 10:13 PM
It has been reported that Kentucky and John Calipari will agree to a 8 year 35 million dollar deal making him the highest paid coach in college basketball. It will not be formally announced until Tuesday morning.

Will PF Demarcus Cousins who verbally committed to Memphis go with Calipari to UK? What other impact will Calipari have on the wildcat program?

Phil C
03-31-2009, 08:26 AM
If he is still under contract with Memphis they should take him to court to honor his contract. Too much running around lately . :mad:

STAggie
03-31-2009, 08:30 AM
I think if Cal goes to Kentucky, Mike Anderson has to be on the top of the list for Memphis. Also, if Cal can bring his two unsigned players that were verbal to Memphis and get the third out of LOI to follow him then he will bring the top 3 players in the nation with him to Kentucky. They could win the national championship next year if Meeks and Patterson stay.

cshscougar08
03-31-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by STAggie
I think if Cal goes to Kentucky, Mike Anderson has to be on the top of the list for Memphis.

Yeah that's a possibility. I could see that, but I bet Memphis won't go after a big name coach in the first place. Anderson fits that bill for sure. This whole process will be interesting to watch. But Calipari is pretty much in at Kentucky.

Johnny Utah
03-31-2009, 09:17 AM
Phil, Memphis gave Kentucky permission to talk to Calipari. The big time recruits that verbally committed to Memphis will follow Calipari to Kentucky along with the Big boy from Oklahoma that is supposed to go to Kentucky, their only Big time recruit so far. Kentucky and Calipari win very soon. Right WBF!!!

STAggie
03-31-2009, 09:32 AM
Do you think Cal can convince Meeks and Patterson to stay? I find it hard to believe Meeks won't jump especially with all the talent that could possibly be coming in.

Johnny Utah
03-31-2009, 09:36 AM
Meeks is not ready, but he is made for an uptempo style that Calipari will bring in. Wait a year, then see. He will be very good.

STAggie
03-31-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Meeks is not ready, but he is made for an uptempo style that Calipari will bring in. Wait a year, then see. He will be very good.

I think the same thing but the current trend in college basketball is have a good year and jump. I would show him Deandre Jordan and ask if that is what he wants. LOL. If he stays another year and improves on what he did last year he will be a top 5 pick in 2010.

eagles_victory
03-31-2009, 09:53 AM
I think the same thing but the current trend in college basketball is have a good year and jump. I would show him Deandre Jordan and ask if that is what he wants. LOL. If he stays another year and improves on what he did last year he will be a top 5 pick in 2010. Speaking of Deandre Jordan he didnt follow his coach to Kentucky so maybe the Memphis recruits wont either.

Johnny Utah
03-31-2009, 10:02 AM
Eagles, I would bet ya it is all part of the deal to get Calipari. Those kids have not signed and one that did has a clause that if Calipari leaves, he can as well. Kentucky just got a lot better.

STAggie
03-31-2009, 10:31 AM
Do you think "Worldwide" Wes goes with him to Kentucky to continue granting him access to young up and coming players?

sahen
03-31-2009, 12:42 PM
Also, if Cal can bring his two unsigned players that were verbal to Memphis and get the third out of LOI to follow him then he will bring the top 3 players in the nation with him to Kentucky.

John Wall, the number 1 recruit has not verbaled anywhere yet...

Before this mess it was between Baylor and Memphis...apparantly Duke is now in the mix and Memphis will be out...I would guess Kentucky is now in the mix as well...