PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Eternity vs Lg View?

coach
03-30-2009, 04:56 PM
which should i get?

eagles_victory
03-30-2009, 04:57 PM
a friend of mine said they both sucked lol

SintonFan_inAustin
03-30-2009, 05:01 PM
dropped my HTC Mogul from 2nd floor to Ground level and splattered :)

put it back to together and it still works but has some damage. Returned it back to sprint today and getting a updated one HTC Mogul pro for now til the Palm Pre comes out in July. $50 to get a new one so the point here is get insurance for which ever you get otherwise it'll cost you a arm and leg to replace it.

Emerson1
03-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Depends what you want to be able to do. I have a VU and it is pretty good.

With the Vu right now it's $50 after rebate and you get one free. Eternity is $150 after rebate.

Really depends on what features you want.

BuffyMars
03-30-2009, 05:27 PM
i have the vu, and i like it. the only knock is it does not have a flash on the camera. that sucks majorly!

ILS1
03-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by coach
which should i get?

IMHO, the iPhone is the ONLY true and best touch screen phone BAR NONE!! That being said. I had to get rid of my iPhone for financial reasons (service is too expensive). So I had to downgrade. I am not a fan of ANY Samsung products especially a cell phone. They are not user friendly,you have to going thru multiple screens to do one simple function and they offer just basic applications for FREE. I decided to go with the LG Vu. Because for the money, it seemed like the best choice. On a scale from 1 to 10. I would give it a 7.5 (dang Russian judge). Very easy to use, had decent games/applications. But only draw back after a few plays, you had to buy the full version. Which brings me to the touch screen. Coming from an iPhone, the touch screen on a Vu is a little bit lacking. I was so use to just tapping the screen and viola!!! With the Vu, after a little learning curve, you actually have to hold down and press the screen before a command was executed. It has a feature where you can actually tweak the touch screen to your liking. I liked it because it had a full HTML web browser. For texting you could change the screen to landscape to use both thumbs or fingers. I had a little trouble texting because of my fat fingers,so be careful and read your text before sending. The push e-mail worked GREAT!!! The ringer is LOUD!!! Which I loved!! Most new phones their ringer is only loud as a whisper!! Not the Vu!! Downloads were VERY fast!! Forget the GPS navigator that is offered for a price monthly. I downloaded Google maps for FREE!!! Alas,I took back the Vu because the touch screen was driving my fat fingers crazy and bought a full qwerty keyboard phone. Good luck!! Any more questions, let me know.

:D :D :D

Emerson1
03-30-2009, 05:41 PM
I don't have any problems with the screen, I use my nail tip though, so if you have no nails you might have trouble.

HTML browser is cool, can use facebook and myspace mobile with ease.

I don't really use applications, they were all pretty pointless.

The one thing the eternity has over the Vu is it's motion sensitive. You can roll it sideways and the qwerty keyboard will come up, you have to press a button the Vu for it.