PDA

View Full Version : Someone please check and see if Tiger Woods..

TexasHSFootball
03-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Is Tiger Woods even human? After what I saw today.. I have my doubts.

STANG RED
03-30-2009, 08:16 AM
HeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEESS BAAAaaaaaaack

Much to the dismay of many a touring pro I'm sure.
Good thing 2nd place money aint bad.

Maroon87
03-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
Is Tiger Woods even human? After what I saw today.. I have my doubts.

Well, he did bogey 17 to give the lead back...:thinking:

DDBooger
03-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Well, he did bogey 17 to give the lead back...:thinking: he's a sadist, giving hope is cruel! LOL

BEAST
03-30-2009, 11:15 AM
What is so amazing to me is how all the others golfers say, "I love be paired with Tiger on the final day". Then you get to watch them crumble like a cookie. He intimidates them to such a point that they cant function.

BEAST

Pick6
03-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Well, he did bogey 17 to give the lead back...:thinking:

He didn't give the lead back, he was still tied for the lead after 17.

Bullaholic
03-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Tiger Woods is very, very good at what he does, but golf will never have the same excitement with him as Arnie vs Nicklaus used to generate.

BEAST
03-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Tiger Woods is very, very good at what he does, but golf will never have the same excitement with him as Arnie vs Nicklaus used to generate.

I agree with you. The difference is no other golfer can consistantly rival Tiger.

BEAST

Maroon87
03-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
He didn't give the lead back, he was still tied for the lead after 17.

The undisputed lead, I meant.

bandera7
03-30-2009, 01:30 PM
I agree with Beast. Sure it was more exciting because you never knew who would win. With Tiger, nobody can consistently play with him. One person would have to have the best game of golf in their life to beat Tiger, and it will happen once. If they are lucky.

themsu97
03-31-2009, 07:47 AM
what is so amazing is that OHair choked more than Tiger came back... Tiger shot a 3 under in the final round... good but not great...
OHair chokes and shoots a 73, 3 over... if he even shoots a 72 they go to a playoff...

Do not get me wrong, Tiger is a great golfer... But I distinctly remember people saying, not anyone on here, that Sampras could not be considered that great because he had no rival or consistent equal on the court...
does Tiger suffer from the same thing?

STANG RED
03-31-2009, 10:22 AM
It is true that Tiger doesn’t have any consistent rivals that can compete with him at his level. That may take a little away from his accomplishments for some. However there are several really good youngsters on the horizon that might finally step up and start challenging him on a regular basis. I even think Tiger will welcome that day. I can’t even imagine how much better he may get with a legit contender pushing him consistently.
I guess the rest of the field will be playing for 3rd, if this ever happens. But 3rd place money for one tournament is much better than most people make in a year, so you cant feel too sorry for them.