PDA

View Full Version : O vs D

PPHSfan
03-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Name the best HS Offense and best HS Defense you ever saw play at any level anywhere. Then predict the outcome of a head to head match-up.

DDBooger
03-29-2009, 06:19 PM
2008 Lake Travis Offense vs 1995 La Marque Defense

(best I have personally seen) may not be the best ever.

Prediction: Lake Travis win

STANG RED
03-29-2009, 07:32 PM
I've seen way too many great ones of both to pick the best of the bunch. But I'd bet on a great D beating a great O any day, as long as they have a good offense to go along with it. But I have seen great defenses worn down by having to spend too much time on the field, due to their offense being weak.

Txbroadcaster
03-29-2009, 11:03 PM
1983 D-Field Defense vs 1986 Jefferson Offense

Coach Alexendar told me once the 86 Jefferson team was the only offense he had seen that he thought could score multiple times agianst that vaunted Tiger D

outcome= Honestly, to close to call

Rabid Cougar
03-30-2009, 07:16 AM
3A

1978 Sealy Tigers aka Eric Dickerson vs any 3A "D" you want to put up.

It will be MAN vs boys.

Txbroadcaster
03-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
3A

1978 Sealy Tigers aka Eric Dickerson vs any 3A "D" you want to put up.

It will be MAN vs boys.

I think the 83 D-Field D could have handled Sealy

waterboy
03-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think the 83 D-Field D could have handled Sealy
x2 - I agree, and I don't think it would be close.

Some statistics from'83 Daingerfield's team:

record: 16-0
Point scored for: 631
Points scored against: 8 total; none of these points were scored against the defense, they were scored on special teams
Shutouts: 14 out of 16 games, 13 in a row to close the season, won state championship game 42-0

That defense allowed negative yards overall rushing for the season. I saw this team play in '83. I was so impressed with them that I made a prediction at halftime to a buddy of mine that they would be the next state champion. Every play there would be at least 2 players meet at the quarterback before he even had a chance to hand the ball off. For all the praise for the defense, their offense was just as impressive. They could drive the ball down your throat even if you knew exactly what play they were gonna run. They not only beat other teams, they annihilated them. Personally, I've never seen a team as dominating as the '83 Tiger team at any level before or since.