PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Uil Rules Regarding Transfers????

sintonfanseguin
03-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Anyone know the UIL rules regarding transfers???

My son is a 7th grader in SA area. He will play 8th grade football 09-10 school year in this area.

My husbands job is looking to transfer him to the Sinton/Corpus area next summer.

I guess my question is:

If he plays as an 8th grader for 09 season here, will he be eligible to play 2010-11, freshman or varsity in SINTON????

He has played since he was 5 years old. We are a die hard football family. And LOVE the pirates

Tried to look up info on UIL website, but not making much sense to me (a girl) lol

If anyone knows or can interprete the rules/guidelines your help will greatly appreciated!!!!

cr180t
03-28-2009, 10:44 PM
When you move it will be no problem

sintonfanseguin
03-28-2009, 10:51 PM
really? I had heard that he would have to wait a year?????

Phhheew! That makes me :)

SHSBulldog00
03-28-2009, 10:57 PM
As long as a job transfer is the reason for moving, nothing can be said.

old warrior
03-29-2009, 12:18 AM
as long as he is living with a parent in the new school district there is no problem
if he enrolls in school after the first day of school then there is a 15 day waiting period to be varsity eligible. If he enrolls before school starts there is no 15 day rule.

If he is not living with a parent then he would NOT be eligible for VARSITY ONLY, he could play on the fish or JV team
But, after a student has been enrolled in school for a calender year it does not matter who he is living with. He becomes varsity eligible after 1 calender year from enrollment regarless of living situation, even if they live outside of the district lines.

sintonfanseguin
03-29-2009, 12:24 AM
Thanx for all your help guys!!! Lookin foward to the move!

Dogman_1969
03-29-2009, 12:25 AM
Does this apply to all varsity sports? I thought basketball & baseball were different?

fbjm
03-29-2009, 09:22 AM
If he enrolls after the sixth day of classes he would have to sit 15 days. If before then he's good as long as he does the PAPF

OldBison75
03-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Where he plays Jr. High football is not an issue. If he starts his freshman year in a new school district, he will be immediately eligible.

After entering high school is when the real transfer issues start to cause headaches. But in your situation, have him enrolled the fist day of school and he is eligible immediately.

cr180t
03-29-2009, 11:20 AM
It actually starts in the 8th grade now it changed about 3 years ago. YOu have to do a PPF if they move their 8th grade year.

sintonfanseguin
03-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by fbjm
If he enrolls after the sixth day of classes he would have to sit 15 days. If before then he's good as long as he does the PAPF

What is a papf?

sintonfanseguin
03-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by cr180t
It actually starts in the 8th grade now it changed about 3 years ago. YOu have to do a PPF if they move their 8th grade year.

????ppf? What is that?

loboes86
03-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Why not call the school district your transfering to and ask them what he needs to do ? I'm sure they prolly know the rules and would be more than happy to help you out.

Snydertigersrul
03-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by loboes86
Why not call the school district your transfering to and ask them what he needs to do ? I'm sure they prolly know the rules and would be more than happy to help you out.

The new school most likely will be more than happy to help you with the necessary paperwork.

STANG RED
03-29-2009, 12:56 PM
PREVIOUS ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION FORM (PAPF)

Here is a link to the form itself.

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/forms/pdf/policy/PAPF_and_Elig_Quest.pdf

Here is what it says:
All new students in grades 9-12 who have ever practiced or participated in any of the list of UIL athletic activities (i,e. football, volleyball, etc.) in grade 8-12 at another school in the United States or Mexico MUST have this form completed by the previous school (last school of participation) and be approved by the District Executive Committee before they are eligible to participate at the varsity level at the new school. This form is
completed by the individual(s) with whom the student is residing at the new school.

Matthew328
03-29-2009, 03:32 PM
From my understanding the PAPF is for varsity athletics only....once he's enrolled in school for a year he won't need it

Phil C
03-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by sintonfanseguin
Anyone know the UIL rules regarding transfers???

My son is a 7th grader in SA area. He will play 8th grade football 09-10 school year in this area.

My husbands job is looking to transfer him to the Sinton/Corpus area next summer.

I guess my question is:

If he plays as an 8th grader for 09 season here, will he be eligible to play 2010-11, freshman or varsity in SINTON????

He has played since he was 5 years old. We are a die hard football family. And LOVE the pirates

Tried to look up info on UIL website, but not making much sense to me (a girl) lol

If anyone knows or can interprete the rules/guidelines your help will greatly appreciated!!!!

Be sure to look us up when you get to Sinton. Good to have you here.

NastySlot
03-29-2009, 08:04 PM
if i understand this right.....i really don't think it matters....if he is entering the 8th grade.....the next year as a ninth grader he will establish residency in the district. Previous participation really only factors in if he has participated in high school.