PDA

View Full Version : Marlin vs. Ennis predictions

theyoefnshow
09-27-2003, 12:05 AM
Well....hate to say it but I think the winner is obvious and you know Ennis has revenge on the mind. BUT....will that cloud their judgement? Honestly I think they look even more focused than they were after the Marlin game last year. They are just annhilating teams left and right. This one could get ugly. I'm gonna say Ennis 55, Marlin 13. Nothin but love Dawgs....I just think it's gonna be bad.

BHS#1
09-27-2003, 12:16 AM
Gee why don't you wait till Marlin gets home before you start on them about next week! Those kids played their hearts out.

Tiny
09-27-2003, 01:14 AM
BHS#1:
Gee why don't you wait till Marlin gets home before you start on them about next week! Those kids played their hearts out.What game did you watch? Marlin Showed NO Heart!! Burnet on the other hand Showed great heart, they were prepared and played the whole game. Marlin was just there, I was shocked at the lack of effort and the lack of coaching. Burnet Showed Marlin what it was all about! Good luck Burnet.

PAINTBALL
09-27-2003, 01:32 AM
Tiny:

BHS#1:
Gee why don't you wait till Marlin gets home before you start on them about next week! Those kids played their hearts out.What game did you watch? Marlin Showed NO Heart!! Burnet on the other hand Showed great heart, they were prepared and played the whole game. Marlin was just there, I was shocked at the lack of effort and the lack of coaching. Burnet Showed Marlin what it was all about! Good luck Burnet.Tiny what game did you watch? Regardless of the score, Marlin has some very talented players who went full speed all night. Any team that plays them had better take them seriously.

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2003, 01:39 AM
If Ennis is the heavy favorite, I hope Marlin can rebound from the loss tonite and stay focused on what will apparently be another tough game. If they lose 2 more games, will they still be in the top 10? just wondering.....

Pudlugger
09-27-2003, 08:35 AM
Bandera YaYa:
If Ennis is the heavy favorite, I hope Marlin can rebound from the loss tonite and stay focused on what will apparently be another tough game. If they lose 2 more games, will they still be in the top 10? just wondering.....I wish everyone would stop this hype about Marlin. They were a great team last season. This year it looks like they are just another good 3a team facing a tough schedule. They will probably win district as Cameron and Rockdale are not as strong this year either but they will not go more than 2 rounds in the playoffs. If they run into Newton in round two its lights out in Marlin. Ennis will punish Marlin for ruining their Homecoming and season last year:
Ennis 54
Marlin 7
:p

BHS#1
09-27-2003, 08:36 AM
I saw alot a Marlin fans leaving at the end of the third quarter and alot of sad guys going to the locker room. I felt bad for them.

Pudlugger
09-27-2003, 08:39 AM
Bandera YaYa:
If Ennis is the heavy favorite, I hope Marlin can rebound from the loss tonite and stay focused on what will apparently be another tough game. If they lose 2 more games, will they still be in the top 10? just wondering.....Marlin should drop out of the top 25 after last night. If they had given Burnet a game then all this promotion by Mathew328 et al would have a semblence of credibility. Now it is evident Marlin is overated. :p

3afan
09-27-2003, 08:39 AM
BHS#1:
Gee why don't you wait till Marlin gets home before you start on them about next week! Those kids played their hearts out.another post said Marlin played "without heart" ... thats why in past threads I've downplayed the importance of "heart" and been blasted for it. no one knows WHAT it is - people tried to define it with examples - and you can't measure it and, bottom line, its so often used as a "feel good" phrase by LOSING teams ....

<small>[ September 27, 2003, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

thunder
09-27-2003, 08:50 AM
3a,i know everyone says l.h. has not played anyone,you say the term heart is used only by teams that have lost,come to l.h. friday and see what the term heart is all about.if you were at the burnet game you saw it there,on the burnet side.great job burnet, way to represent our district.hope you all will make to l.h. friday.

thunder
09-27-2003, 08:54 AM
sorry, i strayed from the post.ennis by 21.

<small>[ September 27, 2003, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: thunder ]</small>

3afan
09-27-2003, 08:57 AM
uh, where did LH not playing anyone come from? as far as seeing "heart" at the Burnet game, whatever. I was at Forney-Crandall and I saw it there. or did I? did Crandall play with "heart" cause they held Forney to 1 TD in the second half or was it 'cause Forney played their subs. thats my point ..... you almost never hear the winning team use the term unless their talking about the team they just beat. i just get tired of hearing it ......

bd0707
09-27-2003, 09:04 AM
Hey 3afan, are you aka the tinman?

espn1
09-27-2003, 09:04 AM
People that doubt Marlin are going to be in for a big suprise. Marlin has two problems right now.
1. Tank is out. (This one will be solved in a couple of weeks.)
2. They are not gelling as a team. They had too many mental errors and rediculous penalties. They are their own worst enemy. If they could get a handle on that it would make a huge difference. One other thing that I saw was several players setting on the sidelines away from the team. I wouldn't put up with that for 30 seconds. I'm quessing about 4-5 players wont have much fun on Monday. I would definetly put their butts on the bench. That attitude alone is enough to throw a team out of sink. Get a handle on it coaches. This is definetly hurting the purple DawgZ.

thunder
09-27-2003, 09:08 AM
I AGREE!

3afan
09-27-2003, 10:22 AM
bd0707:
Hey 3afan, are you aka the tinman?good one .....
:p

jason
09-27-2003, 10:30 AM
Ennis by 4 td's.....and i'd be embarrased if i heard that forney played the way marlin did last night....

<small>[ September 27, 2003, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

olddawggreen
09-27-2003, 12:25 PM
So, Jason, how was your visit the the Greendawg Country? I hope you enjoyed yourself and didnt get lost in the sea of green. Glad you came, I really hope to see your team play in the near future!

jason
09-27-2003, 12:30 PM
i had a good time...it wasnt my first time to burnet, im there all the time at inks lake...it was my first bhs game though, there was a lot of green, no doubt about that....maybe we'll get forney v burnet for the D1 state championship...

<small>[ September 27, 2003, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

olddawggreen
09-27-2003, 02:19 PM
I would luv to see it, thanks for coming!

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2003, 11:18 PM
Pudlugger:

Bandera YaYa:
If Ennis is the heavy favorite, I hope Marlin can rebound from the loss tonite and stay focused on what will apparently be another tough game. If they lose 2 more games, will they still be in the top 10? just wondering.....I wish everyone would stop this hype about Marlin. They were a great team last season. This year it looks like they are just another good 3a team facing a tough schedule. They will probably win district as Cameron and Rockdale are not as strong this year either but they will not go more than 2 rounds in the playoffs. If they run into Newton in round two its lights out in Marlin. Ennis will punish Marlin for ruining their Homecoming and season last year:
Ennis 54
Marlin 7
:p I agree with you...was just wondering if the "list makers" would still be going with them againt this week....

lepfan
09-27-2003, 11:27 PM
BHS#1:
I saw alot a Marlin fans leaving at the end of the third quarter and alot of sad guys going to the locker room. I felt bad for them.Hey, it is a football game...there has to be a winner and a loser. If you are the winner you are happpy, if you are the loser you are sad. :)

GoForIt
09-28-2003, 08:37 AM
This is what happens when a team is too hyped. No where to go but south. Ennis 49, Marlin 13

29x281
09-28-2003, 10:03 AM
Marlin's defense will play Ennis tough. The problems are on offense. Ennis 35, Marlin 6.

MonkeyJoe
09-28-2003, 10:13 AM
there is no doubt in my mind that Ennis will completely dominate this game, no offence to Marlin, but they are no match for Ennis
Ennis wins by atleast 45+ points