PDA

View Full Version : Collier-Sharpe picks for Week1 are up

sinton66
09-02-2002, 12:42 PM
Has Sinton over GP by 2 and Jasper over Silsbee by 21.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited September 02, 2002).]

eye of the tiger
09-02-2002, 04:05 PM
They have Commerce by 28 over Dallas Pinkston. We opened against them last year and they played my Tigers tough. Played them again in the playoffs and ran away with it. I dont know. 28 seems like a lot to me for our first game.

sinton66
09-02-2002, 04:18 PM
Who knows? I've heard they're one of the better polls, but don't see how any of them can be very accurate this early. Good luck anyway!

eye of the tiger
09-02-2002, 05:55 PM
I hope it is acurate. It is always nice to start the year with a big win. We have a couple of tough ones after this. 4A Wylie who is pick to win a tough district 12-4A over Highland Park this year and then our former district mates Forney. A big win this week may serve as a confindence booster for the younger players.

footballgal
09-02-2002, 06:20 PM
Had to look in 4A to find PI and some others in our district, Collier has them loosing by 14 to PSJA Memorial , I guess it's based from last year, because PI is yet to play a game go figure....
Threw in the others as a FYI.

Port Isabel at P-SJ-A Memorial (14)

Raymondville at Sharyland(4A) (5)
(8)La Feria at Mercedes (4A)
La Villa(2A) at Rio Hondo (47)
(20) Zapata at Hidalgo
Premont at Progreso (13)
La Villa at Rio Hondo (47)

31-AAA
(28) Odem at Bishop
CC West Oso at Falfurrias (15)
(9)SA Memorial at San Diego

eye of the tiger
09-02-2002, 06:40 PM
Im kinda feeling sorry already for La Villa already. Good luck to your Tarpons this week Footballgal.

footballgal
09-02-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by eye of the tiger:
Im kinda feeling sorry already for La Villa already. Good luck to your Tarpons this week Footballgal.

Thanks Eye of the tiger; good luck to your commerce tigers too! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif I know what you mean La Villa (2A) only won one game last year, what I don't understand is WHY Rio Hondo keeps playing them year after year and other similar weak teams. I don't see how that can prepare them for district or playoffs as they can't get past bi-district. Last week they played some high school from MEXICO???...enough said.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-03-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by footballgal:
Thanks Eye of the tiger; good luck to your commerce tigers too! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif I know what you mean La Villa (2A) only won one game last year, what I don't understand is WHY Rio Hondo keeps playing them year after year and other similar weak teams. I don't see how that can prepare them for district or playoffs as they can't get past bi-district. Last week they played some high school from MEXICO???...enough said.

Rio Hondo has been playing a weak non-district schedule for as long as I can remember. I guess they feel that they need those "guaranteed" wins, but I agree with you that it won't prepare them for ANYTHING come playoff time. And then they wonder why they can't get past the bi-distrcit round???

Case in point, 1994....Their non-district schedule consisted of La Villa (2A), Brownsville St. Joseph (TAPPS Private), and a team from Mexico.....whereas Port Isabel's non-district schedule consisted of Edcouch Elsa (4A District Champs), Raymondville (THEN 4A), and Los Fresnos (4A). We played Rio Hondo in week 4 that season. BOTH teams were 3-0. Port Isabel SMACKS Rio Hondo 49-7. No brainer there, Bobcats.

IF there are ANY Rio Hondo Bobcat fans, or even players on here (I doubt it) but, if there are, you SERIOUSLY need to have a MUCH TOUGHER non-district schedule if you EVER want to make it past the bi-district round. Sure, you may lose a game, two, or even all three or FOUR. But, by playing these tougher teams, it will prepare you MUCH MORE for the playoffs than playing some rinky dink teams that can't even move the ball if they tried. By playing a weak non-district schedule, you're only setting yourself up for FAILURE come playoff time.

WpSr03
09-03-2002, 12:41 PM
What exactly is the website for the Collier-Sharpe picks?

fury900
09-03-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by WpSr03:
What exactly is the website for the Collier-Sharpe picks?
http://www.collier-sharp.com/

DAWG 54
09-03-2002, 11:04 PM
Jasper looked strong against PNG. I think once the "O" gets their pass timing down everything will be OK, it should open up the running game for McQueen.