PDA

View Full Version : Bill could put private schools into UIL

TexasHSFootball
03-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Bill could force private schools into UIL (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/Bill_could_put_private_schools_in_UIL.html)

BEAST
03-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
Bill could force private schools into UIL (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/Bill_could_put_private_schools_in_UIL.html)

If passed, would they have to play by the same rules as public schools? Mainly, no recruiting. If they were able to continue seeking the best players they would have a huge advantage over public schools.

BEAST

Old Green
03-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Look who's a big backer .JOHN HAGEE. He can't even follow the TAPPS and the private school leagues rules.

bobcat4life
03-27-2009, 05:09 PM
I am against this. It will make our football here like the setup they have in Calfornia.

LH Panther Mom
03-27-2009, 05:39 PM
:doh: :doh: Okay, so they've tried getting a bill through once before, then sued and lost all the way to Federal Court. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maroon87
03-27-2009, 08:25 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Strake Jesuit in Houston already competes in UIL. I think they're in the same district as the Katy schools.:thinking:

TexasHSFootball
03-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
If I'm not mistaken, Strake Jesuit in Houston already competes in UIL. I think they're in the same district as the Katy schools.:thinking:

Actually in the Cy-Fair district .. the other private school is Dallas Jesuit. ;)

NastySlot
03-27-2009, 09:50 PM
i thought this just was in court and the court ruled in favor of the uil................tapps rules prevent the jesuit school from participation (too large of an enrollments)...so they were admitted to the uil........cornerstone and other privates have a league they can participate so there is no loop hole for them to particiapate in uil.

cornerstone can't even follow the rules for tapps.

Twirling Time
03-30-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm one of those that say let 'em in, but double their enrollment for classification purposes. That works for a lot of states.

Phil C
03-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
I'm one of those that say let 'em in, but double their enrollment for classification purposes. That works for a lot of states.

Can that be done in Texas though?

Old Green
03-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Can that be done in Texas though? That's what they did to the two Jesuit schools. Each one had a 1000 students. Double their enrollment so they had to compete in 5A.

kaorder1999
03-30-2009, 01:13 PM
you are correct....Jesuit didnt have a league to compete in because their enrollment ws too high. These other school shave a league so the judge ruled in favor of the UIL

Twirling Time
04-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Can that be done in Texas though?

Sure, why not? Maybe a little more than double, to make sure they play in the next class up.

If nothing else, it'll help fill up the number of 3A schools in the state.