PDA

View Full Version : 30 years ago yesterday...

Maroon87
03-27-2009, 09:38 AM
...was the Magic vs Bird NCAA finals game that "saved" basketball.
Hard to believe it's been that long...:eek:

pirate4state
03-27-2009, 09:40 AM
ahhhh back when basketball was great :inlove:

BILLYFRED0000
03-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
ahhhh back when basketball was great :inlove:

you tell em rita. That was a great game and Byrd and Magic had some great ones.

Phil C
03-27-2009, 11:07 AM
It is good to have sentiment and good memories but remember - WE MUST ENJOY THE CURRENT STATUS TOO! WE ARE IN THE GREAT DAYS OF LEBRON AND KOBE ALONG WITH SHAQ AND OTHER!

:mad:

mustang04
03-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It is good to have sentiment and good memories but remember - WE MUST ENJOY THE CURRENT STATUS TOO! WE ARE IN THE GREAT DAYS OF LEBRON AND KOBE ALONG WITH SHAQ AND OTHER!

:mad:

Lebron is deserving of his nickname King James....he is freakin awesome...anybody see where he is the only other person besides oscar robertson to have at least 4 seaons with 2000 points, 500 assists, and 500 rebounds???? and he is ONLY 24.... i'm sorry but anybody who denies how great he is ignorant either by choice or by just not knowing what all he has accomplished

mustang04
03-27-2009, 02:42 PM
oh and to put it into perspective....Larry Bird did it only 3 times and M.J. did it only twice.....now I know ppl on here are gonna be like "lebron hasnt won a championship, blah blah blah" well sorry, but just cause someones team doesnt win a championship doesnt mean they dont have possibly one of the greatest players that ever lived

I hate when ppl start using championships to talk about how good of a player someone was/is

DDBooger
03-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
oh and to put it into perspective....Larry Bird did it only 3 times and M.J. did it only twice.....now I know ppl on here are gonna be like "lebron hasnt won a championship, blah blah blah" well sorry, but just cause someones team doesnt win a championship doesnt mean they dont have possibly one of the greatest players that ever lived

I hate when ppl start using championships to talk about how good of a player someone was/is He essentially took them to the championship on his own! Give him time, Jordan was in a few years before he got his 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th lol :D
But he had Pippen:thinking:

sahen
03-27-2009, 02:45 PM
i hate it when people define how good someone is by how much they win too...thats annoying ::rolls eyes::

to be fair im kidding some, see barry sanders, nolan ryan, etc....just stuck on crappy teams for their entire or most of their career....

mustang04
03-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by sahen
i hate it when people define how good someone is by how much they win too...thats annoying ::rolls eyes::

to be fair im kidding some, see barry sanders, nolan ryan, etc....just stuck on crappy teams for their entire or most of their career....

exactly! If you put Lebron in place of MJ on the same bulls teams that won the championships, Lebron would have 6 rings too...I am by no means taking anything from Jordan, but just saying that some ppl are sooooooo stuck that Jordan will be the best that could EVER live that they are completely oblivious to what they could be witnessing right now....I have never kept up with an NBA team or player ever...but one day when i was a soph in HS i heard about this Jr. in highschool named Lebron, i watched some of his highlights and have kept up with him for the past 7 years now, so im not just a bandwagon fan who jumped on the past couple of years

sahen
03-27-2009, 03:24 PM
i wouldnt worry too much about Lebron's lack of titles...he is still only 24 like you said, he has a lot of basketball in front of him (barring injury).....he may not get as many as Jordan (few will, the NBA is much more competitive now that they are drawing on the world as a talent pool instead of mainly the USA and a couple other countries) but i think he will get his share before he retires...

as far as him being as good as Jordan i wouldnt go that far...Jordan redefined the way basketball was played basically so that players like Lebron could play their style of ball....

mustang04
03-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by sahen

as far as him being as good as Jordan i wouldnt go that far...Jordan redefined the way basketball was played basically so that players like Lebron could play their style of ball....

well just cuz he pioneered that style of basketball doesnt mean that he HAS to be the best at it for all time lol